MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
ya, did you unzip the file?
theres 3 files in it
the firmware is the one ending with .trx

Yup, did it. I just chose the one that is the latest and uploaded it.
So now I reconfigure it? Like restart the modem and install the whole thing again? Or just switch it on and off?

Apologies for asking so much questions.
 

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
17,564
Reaction score
125

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Yup, did it. I just chose the one that is the latest and uploaded it.
So now I reconfigure it? Like restart the modem and install the whole thing again? Or just switch it on and off?

Apologies for asking so much questions.

If I am not wrong, what he meant was restore to factory default after firmware upgrade.

ASUS Router Page -> Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Factory default

Note: This will delete all your configuration, so save your settings first.
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Thanks Cyberet and xRenol, you guys have helped me by leaps and bounds as compared the the MR customer service reps and technician. Cheers to you guys :)
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Thanks Cyberet and xRenol, you guys have helped me by leaps and bounds as compared the the MR customer service reps and technician. Cheers to you guys :)

Welcome.

FYI. I am also using ASUS AC56U router but never encountered your issue on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

My ASUS AC56U firmware version is official 3.0.0.4.374_5656.
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Welcome.

FYI. I am also using ASUS AC56U router but never encountered your issue on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

My ASUS AC56U firmware version is official 3.0.0.4.374_5656.

I have no idea why I have that issue when I could connect to my old singtel broadband without any problems. My previous firmware was 3.0.0.4.374.36_5
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I have no idea why I have that issue when I could connect to my old singtel broadband without any problems. My previous firmware was 3.0.0.4.374.36_5

You can upgrade the official firmware version first. If it still does not work, then change to merlin firmware.
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
You can upgrade the official firmware version first. If it still does not work, then change to merlin firmware.

I upgraded to the latest firmware as told by the CSO on the technical line, but it didn't work. But thanks to cyberet for suggesting Merlin's, now I'm finally having smooth internet.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I upgraded to the latest firmware as told by the CSO on the technical line, but it didn't work. But thanks to cyberet for suggesting Merlin's, now I'm finally having smooth internet.

Good to hear that.

Just a question, did you restore to factory default after you upgraded to the latest official firmware version?
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Good to hear that.

Just a question, did you restore to factory default after you upgraded to the latest official firmware version?

Nope I didn't. I just upgraded it and saw that everything was working fine so I just left it as it is. Didn't want to agitate it and be internet-less again.
 

mocax

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
132,947
Reaction score
11,769
anyone still have problem of internet suddenly cut off? :s11:

I have to manually release and renew IP on my router to a get a new IP for it to work again.... :(
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Nope I didn't. I just upgraded it and saw that everything was working fine so I just left it as it is. Didn't want to agitate it and be internet-less again.

Are you currently on official or merlin firmware?

anyone still have problem of internet suddenly cut off? :s11:

I have to manually release and renew IP on my router to a get a new IP for it to work again.... :(

No issue for me.
 

alexngalexng

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Suddenly today for no reason, I could access my
Asus Router but there was no internet access whether wired or wireless. Is internet accesss down for the entire MyRepublic like what happened earlier part of this year?
Tried calling the support helpline at 10+pm but the line was extremely busy.
even now at almost midnight, no one has returned my call although a recorded voice message said that calls from non private lines would be returned promptly.
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
hmm Teleport isn't working on my Amazon FireTV for Hulu and HBO GO

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
hmm just saw those posts about Netflix... so even Unotelly won't work?

Sent from GAGT Android App
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top