MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

procmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
5,125
Reaction score
1
Weird. I will go restart everything.

EDIT: Restarting the ONT helped.
 
Last edited:

jacksony

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
75
Reaction score
2
Thanks. We called MyRepublic again today. They say nothing was done, but we noticed the traffic does not drop any more traffic. So that is good. We noticed some changes in their routing so it could be the maintenance have caused some improvement. Hope they can troubleshoot things better next time.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 103.224.165.1
3 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 40GE-103-6-148-46.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.46]
4 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.45]
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,847
Reaction score
2,402
It will remain the same. But Myrepublic damn cock-up. After I return my ONT to their office, I still receive calls asking if I want to re-contract. Worst still, they still send me an invoice. There has been no reply to my email to billing and charges to credit card has not been reversed. I resend the email to myrepublic and will try to call.

Heard them having discussion about future development in their services but I was thinking to myself... improve your service first before venturing anywhere. Good luck to me.

Thanks. If $$ no change I will just continue without contract & keep my option open.
Hearing all the horror stories , I may not want to upgrade to 1gb or even 300 at all.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
1,054
Wow! Now refer a friend promo is out. Both existing subscriber and new subscriber will both get $40 dollar credit to offset the subscription!

Yes i received this and had to unfortunately send back a reply saying:

"Are you kidding? You haven't even managed to activate my new connection, how can I recommend you to someone without this essential first step?"

I am in a position where I wouldn't mind paying THEM $40 to get my internet connection started :)
 

Agent_X

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2002
Messages
5,829
Reaction score
172
Will definitely terminate with MR after my business contract is up. Customer service did them in.
 

Johnnny

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Hey jacksony, had to speak to my engineering and customer service teams, so took a while to gather all the details.

We've listened in to the audio recordings, and would like to state in no uncertain terms that this is highly unacceptable. Firstly, we apologise in full for the service lapse you experienced, as both staff did NOT follow protocol and were highly unprofessional. They not only mishandled the calls, but also provided extremely inaccurate information. For accountability's sake, we'd like to clear the air.

Our network engineers ran a diagnostic test and discovered no anomalies on our side of the network with regards to your hosting. We could observe, however, packet losses as the data was moving outwards. Therefore we could only conclude that the problem didn't exist on our end, but potentially on the routes moving out of our network towards (or from) the destination.

Such problems are sometimes get fixed without an ISP doing anything - which is what happened in this case (it's possible that whoever is responsible for the in-between routes might have done something as simple as restart a server). I spoke to our engineers who told us that no actual action was taken on our part.

The female staff that first picked up this case was inexperienced, who passed the phone to another relatively new field engineer who was helping her work through the case. This engineer was never trained to properly understand or explain routing problems to customers, and unfortunately (as those who have heard can tell) not just explained it poorly, but outright gave wrong information.

No, Singtel doesn't "provide us Internet" (he was trying to explain that the route seemed to drop off when it entered Singtel servers - which was actually also wrong).

No, we should never ask our customers to contact another ISP. I have confirmed with my network engineers that this wasn't the advice they gave - the two staff in question prescribed this on their own accord.

Both staff are currently being counselled, to ensure that this lapse never happens again. Sorry about this, jacksony. We'll be in touch with you separately to close all loose ends.
 

jacksony

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
75
Reaction score
2
Thank you all. MyRepublic has contacted us to follow up on our issues closely. Issues has been resolved and they have apologized for the below-par CSO responses to us and agreed this is not the level of service they expect to give to their customers. All has been settled.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
This is NOT the first time MR customer service has let them down. A few months back, when MR launched the 1Gbps at 49.99. I called in to ask for a re contract, I was given a 3 quarters wait - Which i understand since I seen people writing here too.

So I waited, and during the wait - a lot of people started complaining about MR's problems. I decided not to re contract so when they call me up to fix an appointment, i told them I won't be re contracting. The guy said okay. A week later, another CSO called me up, I told him someone already called and I don't want to re contract, he said okay. A few weeks later, another CSO called me up, so I gave the CSO some earful.

You are a company, you should at least have a database which your CSOs can access to see the customers' info and whether they want to re contract and some other needs. From what I conclude, they do not have such a database. Unlike Singtel or other telcos, when you call in, they have a record of your previous call logs and stuff.


Luckily my contract is ending soon, finally gonna jump ship. Joined them 2 years ago because of a good price and also admire them to branch out of the 3 telcos, so I gave them monetary support, but they are a let down really.

Their infrastructure cannot handle the mass surge of customers but yet they do not stop the application or do a temporary pause on intake. They continue to let customers sign up and now they are paying the price of losing existing customers.


So to those who are considering to sign up, PLEASE DO NOT.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
Wow! Now refer a friend promo is out. Both existing subscriber and new subscriber will both get $40 dollar credit to offset the subscription!

if i refer a friend, i think after the "MR experience", my friend will want more than $40 to be given back to him/her.
 

WhyOhWhy

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Home Voice VAS

Does MyRepublic Home Voice support caller-non-ID?
can I hide my Home Voice phone number when I am making out-going call?
 

kinhuan

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
my LOL ping recently has been very unstable, usually it is 9ms
now 20-90++ range, unstable

If i connect a local SG VPN from third party, I can get stable 11ms ping

something is wrong with the connection, anyone having the same issue?

it seems the latency issue has been resolved for me after the maintenance.
 

TechZSG

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
793
Reaction score
5
MR has a new trial 200mbps offer for 2mo, anyone know what is the 'fine print' to this? Any hidden charges besides the deposit fee?

I was considering giving it a go since I move into my new condo in 2 weeks and trial the MR service before signing with any particular ISP.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
1,054
A techie friend is gonna pass a Minix NeoX8 Plus….fully loaded with live tv channels and other streaming apps…was wondering, will something like this do its job if plugged into the MR network? No blocks placed by MR?

Anyone running something similar on MR please chime in. Thanks.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
MR has a new trial 200mbps offer for 2mo, anyone know what is the 'fine print' to this? Any hidden charges besides the deposit fee?

I was considering giving it a go since I move into my new condo in 2 weeks and trial the MR service before signing with any particular ISP.


Don't think so.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,132
Reaction score
400
I honestly must say the last 2 weeks connection is pretty stable

but they handle the problems very badly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top