- Joined
- Aug 8, 2012
- Messages
- 9,572
- Reaction score
- 4,179
Yes, likely bs from M1.Even Changi Mobile latest promotion have such limited period kinda promo, and they are all from M1. So it could be a free offer given by M1 to its MVNOs.

Yes, likely bs from M1.Even Changi Mobile latest promotion have such limited period kinda promo, and they are all from M1. So it could be a free offer given by M1 to its MVNOs.
port to another provider ZYM, Simba or EightAnyone on the 4G Unlimited plan? It's marketed as 10GB/day at full speed, and throttled speed thereafter. However, I noticed that my line would have no service at all after reaching the 10GB for the day, and the service will only resume at midnight when the 10GB quota resets. I tried calling their support line, and they told me it's because the throttling is done by reverting the line to the 3G network. However, due to the 3G shutdown, this throttling mechanism is no longer available. As such, they simply turn off service for my line until midnight. This is simply unacceptable and dishonest!
With Giga now having 5G enabled on iPhones, is there any reason for a MyRepublic 5G user to stay? It'll still be using StarHub but with the added benefit of free monthly roaming.
Wait, does that mean the "unlimited throttled data" that's supposed to kick in after we've used up our data quota allocated is no longer applicable now? In that case I feel this is quite a major matter to address because it was (and still is?) advertised to us when we signed up. Can't leave us without service and ask us to accept ba.. at least let us know if they're working on it or smthAnyone on the 4G Unlimited plan? It's marketed as 10GB/day at full speed, and throttled speed thereafter. However, I noticed that my line would have no service at all after reaching the 10GB for the day, and the service will only resume at midnight when the 10GB quota resets. I tried calling their support line, and they told me it's because the throttling is done by reverting the line to the 3G network. However, due to the 3G shutdown, this throttling mechanism is no longer available. As such, they simply turn off service for my line until midnight. This is simply unacceptable and dishonest!
Still on Starhub 4G network.What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?
What if fallback to 3G ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyRep...will continue using M1's 4G/3G infrastructureWhat happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?
What if fallback to 3G ?
I don’t think it works that way.What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?
What if fallback to 3G ?
What happens on MyRepublic 5G plans which is on starhub if there is a fallback to 4G ? Connect thru M1 ?
If so doesn't it means that by switch between 5G/4G you are connecting to 2 different telco's infrastructure ?
What if fallback to 3G ?
I don’t think it works that way.
If you're on a 4G plan, you'll only be connected to M1’s 4G network.
If you're on a 5G plan, you’ll be connected to StarHub’s 5G network, and if 5G coverage isn't available, you'll fall back to StarHub’s 4G network.
When you sign up MR 5G plan, it simply means SH network 5G+4G.
That is different from MR 4G plan, which is M1 network 4G.
Check if VOLTE or VOWIFI is enabled on your phone.guys I'm having an issue with my line. I can't seem to either make or receive direct calls to my myrepublic phone line.
But I have no issues with getting mobile network or sending / receiving SMS on it. It's just phone calls that can't seem to work. Is there any way to resolve this issue?
I tried to be on both 4G / 5G network yet can't seem to make any phone call.
I have 2 sim on my phone. Giga got no issues. It's only the myrepublic line that's unable to call or dial outCheck if VOLTE or VOWIFI is enabled on your phone.
You are on MyRepublic 5G or 4G plan ?I have 2 sim on my phone. Giga got no issues. It's only the myrepublic line that's unable to call or dial out
no VOLTE on my phone setting. only 4G/5G call which is enabled.
I checked the Sim Card in my About Phone
Phone Number is stated as unknown
Sim Status reflects Mobile Network state as disconnected but Service State is in Service.
It's weird. I can send out SMS or even use the mobile data with no issues..
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.You are on MyRepublic 5G or 4G plan ?
Both inbound and outbound calls not working ?
The issue description sound like VoLTE leh: everything working except voice call.
What phone model is that ?
If you disable the myrepublic line and goes on a voice call on giga, do you drop to 3G ?
If so that could well be a VoLTE issue, but that would be strange given that you are on a 5G handset.
Also checking the apn, which by right should not be necessary, but just double check.
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.
But I choose to stay on 4g for all la..
APN? I even re downloaded the esim profile yesterday but the issue persists.
If I do a voice call on giga it stay on 4g
I'm on pixel 7 pro. I'm on 4g plan with my republic and 5g with giga.
But I choose to stay on 4g for all la..
APN? I even re downloaded the esim profile yesterday but the issue persists.
If I do a voice call on giga it stay on 4g
Yup it is a local set. And phone software is fully updated.4G plan on MyRepublic means you are on M1 infra.
M1 has shutdown 3G, so VoLTE must be functional for voice call.
Given that you are able to stay on 4G on a voice call on Giga, the phone should have functional VoLTE.
MyRepublic & M1 also list Pixel 7 Pro as supporting VoLTE on their network, so that should work in principle.
While APN should be automatically added when you download the esim, there can be some rare cases where that does not work correctly and requires manually adding/updating apn. In such cases, reinstalling the esim would probably not help.
The Pixel 7 Pro is a local set ? There are some situation where foreign set doesn't work correctly for certain features like VoLTE.
Is your phone software fully updated ?
Another thing you can try would be to move your MyRepublic line to another know that is known to work correctly for voice on MyRepublic, but given that you are using esim, that gets a bit tricky.