MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
Need to put $100 deposit? Crazy. zzz. All my life i'm with M1, always over pay my bills. No bad credit history.

D97722R.jpg

I saw a lot of people here Kena this deposit charge. If that is the case, I think, just give it a miss.

What about other plans? Do they still show that need deposit?
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,565
Reaction score
1,890
I saw a lot of people here Kena this deposit charge. If that is the case, I think, just give it a miss.

What about other plans? Do they still show that need deposit?

Well, I tried signing up by putting my mom's NRIC, no deposit required cos she has no subscription history on any telcos before.

But her line is tag to my NRIC @ M1. Very troublesome if need to do letter of authorisation etc. Sigh.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
Well, I tried signing up by putting my mom's NRIC, no deposit required cos she has no subscription history on any telcos before.

But her line is tag to my NRIC @ M1. Very troublesome if need to do letter of authorisation etc. Sigh.

It's weird, if good credit rating also need deposit then something is wrong with their system. If you back, also got alot people feedback about that. I tried with my name, they don't require deposit eh.

Or could it be perhaps age? Most of us signing up on seniors behalf.
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,565
Reaction score
1,890
I'm early 30s, so can't be my age. Perhaps because I hold alot of lines? I have like 5 lines with M1 already.

6 if u include the free 500MB SIM Card from M1 fiber broadband.
 
Last edited:

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
36,162
Reaction score
6,426
Why now still receiving otp from dash after about 10 mins?
The otp expire after 1 min, how to use? :(

Sent from Amazon using GAGT
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,384
Reaction score
20,624
no point for their $10 plan.

You're the type who watch beedio/youtube on mrt one is it?

Ppl rike me avg monthly 4-5Gb data consumption nia, the $10 plan is perfect sia. Previously paying $20 for Singtel 20Gb I also dun know need so much for what ****. Somemore this $10 plan for callerid.

Those who want the sim immediately can put on mask & pia down to one of the 4 MR shops hor. All gao tim in 5 mins.
 

JustDoLor

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
80
One of my M1 number was ported over to MR yesterday evening.

Before porting, the MR number could call out and received call. After port over from M1, this morning I tried to call out to mobile and landline, all the calls failed, there is no tone.

Called CS, he told me to switch off VoLTE on my phone, now can call out. CS said got issue with SIM card, some customers have similar issue. He said not related to Android or iPhone.... saying M1 is looking into it, not sure when it going to be fixed.
 

andyhtc

Suspended
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
20,974
Reaction score
11,114
One of my M1 number was ported over to MR yesterday evening.

Before porting, the MR number could call out and received call. After port over from M1, this morning I tried to call out to mobile and landline, all the calls failed, there is no tone.

Called CS, he told me to switch off VoLTE on my phone, now can call out. CS said got issue with SIM card, some customers have similar issue. He said not related to Android or iPhone.... saying M1 is looking into it, not sure when it going to be fixed.

Have you tried to reboot your phone? I had to reboot mine to reset the phone to the new SIM card after switching Telco.
 

JustDoLor

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
80
Yes, tried ~20min to reboot, reinsert SIM card, switch phones, still not working, that’s why called CS.

Have you tried to reboot your phone? I had to reboot mine to reset the phone to the new SIM card after switching Telco.
 

andyhtc

Suspended
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
20,974
Reaction score
11,114
Yes, tried ~20min to reboot, reinsert SIM card, switch phones, still not working, that’s why called CS.

This is not a good time to have SIM card not working. It is better to ask for a SIM card replacement straight-away.
 

JustDoLor

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
80
As said earlier, just need to switch off VoLTE on phone settings then can call out. Problem is with M1 infrastructure.

This is not a good time to have SIM card not working. It is better to ask for a SIM card replacement straight-away.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
You're the type who watch beedio/youtube on mrt one is it?

Ppl rike me avg monthly 4-5Gb data consumption nia, the $10 plan is perfect sia. Previously paying $20 for Singtel 20Gb I also dun know need so much for what ****. Somemore this $10 plan for callerid.

Those who want the sim immediately can put on mask & pia down to one of the 4 MR shops hor. All gao tim in 5 mins.

That's great to hear, then the $10 MR plan is perfect for you, some more if you exceed data, you won't be charged. I like the fact that they gave 300mins talk time as compared to giga 100mins.

Now you save extra $10 per month by switching from Singtel $20
 

eip1234

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
31
Just received MR sim that I signed up last week for the $10 plan. An sms indicates that the porting will be done (from Giga (SH)) tonight. Activating the new sim no problem. Signal strengths and speeds of Giga and MR appeared similar, at least at my location.

Listened to the internet radio for a while and it seems that MR consumes more data than the Giga. Not sure whether this is due to their difference in the packet size. If this is true, then MR's 6G data volume maybe only like Giga's 5G ...
 
Last edited:

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,225
Reaction score
9,004
I also find MR is using more data than giga, but since it is only 1week+ of MR usage only, need to monitor. BTW, I also have iPhone monitoring the usage, and iPhone counts at 1byte level I believe, and both MR usage and iPhone data usage are quite close/similar.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
I also find MR is using more data than giga, but since it is only 1week+ of MR usage only, need to monitor. BTW, I also have iPhone monitoring the usage, and iPhone counts at 1byte level I believe, and both MR usage and iPhone data usage are quite close/similar.

If your iphone counter and MyRepublic app data counter similar, then should be fine. Perhaps you just continue to monitor
 

JustDoLor

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
80
Wow, MR CS just gave me a personal call, said the issue already resolved. I checked and now I can use VoLTE to call out... fast action man..... 👏

One of my M1 number was ported over to MR yesterday evening.

Before porting, the MR number could call out and received call. After port over from M1, this morning I tried to call out to mobile and landline, all the calls failed, there is no tone.

Called CS, he told me to switch off VoLTE on my phone, now can call out. CS said got issue with SIM card, some customers have similar issue. He said not related to Android or iPhone.... saying M1 is looking into it, not sure when it going to be fixed.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,287
Reaction score
18,558
Wow, MR CS just gave me a personal call, said the issue already resolved. I checked and now I can use VoLTE to call out... fast action man..... 👏

Nice personal call to you. Perhaps it is just a bug in backend. Good to know now you can use volte for calls. How to speed wise you find? Same as normal M1 speed?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top