MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

iamhulk

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
577
Who the fuk still uses voicemail today? Miss call alert is the most efficient way forward. There's no need for long debates.

Caller -> Leave msg -> Voicemail Alert -> User dial into voicemail -> Check msg -> Return call
Caller -> Miss Call Alert -> Return call

It's a no brainer. I can't be bothered to dial and listen to voicemails either.

@alphau la. that's who.
 

AvatarViper

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
604
Reaction score
124
just 1 quick qn and hope someone will ans asap.

the MR lite $10 promo plan is paying $10/mth forever if you dun cancel?
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
ok thanks. i just signup but didn't receive any password to login. is this normal?

wait for sim card to be delivered. email will arrive with password on the day of delivery.

not exactly true. i received my email with password the day after SIM card delivery

got mine on the same day.

the email with password will be sent to you after the sim card is delivered to your hand.

even on the spot registration at their store is also same. within minutes after the sign up process completed.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
:s13:

Honestly, I have not used voicemail after the first year of iPhone 4s.

Why I want voicemail now? It’s not a must but it’s for people who always say everything urgent but they don’t text or call back multiple times. And when I call back, it’s really no urgent. So, if you don’t leave a message sounding urgent, I won’t call back immediately because I got better things to do. Also, it’s for mystery callers or numbers I don’t recognise when I’m expecting some important calls and usually spammers like to call such times. I dun have a PA, so the voicemail is the interim PA.

I think Caller ID should be free (not all telcos) and everyone is identified even for land line. Then I don’t need voicemail.

i think voicemail is a inheritance feature from paging services last time while people used to page someone and leave voice/text messages to others. eventually pagers was killed totally by mobile phones due to the popularity.

just 1 quick qn and hope someone will ans asap.

the MR lite $10 promo plan is paying $10/mth forever if you dun cancel?

Yes, it will be $10/mth forever. Its unlike some other MVNO which price will change after x months.

for now yes, but never say never as telcos reserve the right to amend the t&c.

i think, it should be very safe. i dun think circles life will even take back the $0 plan which is a legacy plan from users ever until they close down. As long as the telco is still there, the legacy plans will stay. Same to how people hold the UNO $8 still while it is no longer offered.

Same goes to the 3 MNPs too, they dun auto convert your legacy plans to new plans but they may constantly entice you with good deals on their new plans to switch over.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
i think voicemail is a inheritance feature from paging services last time while people used to page someone and leave voice/text messages to others. eventually pagers was killed totally by mobile phones due to the popularity.







i think, it should be very safe. i dun think circles life will even take back the $0 plan which is a legacy plan from users ever until they close down. As long as the telco is still there, the legacy plans will stay. Same to how people hold the UNO $8 still while it is no longer offered.

Same goes to the 3 MNPs too, they dun auto convert your legacy plans to new plans but they may constantly entice you with good deals on their new plans to switch over.
Yes, plans will still be there. Just like the old Legacy M1 unlimited mobile broadband plan, it's still available for it's existing customers. Back then, there was an unlimited mobile broadband plan at 1mbps, customers still holding on to it was converted to 4G unlimited mobile broadband at the same price... till now
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,309
Reaction score
9,040
I received an email from MR says I will get a 5GB free for some issues last month or April. but to-date I dun see the extra 5GB. hmm....
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
I received an email from MR says I will get a 5GB free for some issues last month or April. but to-date I dun see the extra 5GB. hmm....

depends on your billing cycle, when does your billing cycle start ? oh wait, you mean the April issues? I got the extra 5GB in May month. What's your plan?
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Yes, plans will still be there. Just like the old Legacy M1 unlimited mobile broadband plan, it's still available for it's existing customers. Back then, there was an unlimited mobile broadband plan at 1mbps, customers still holding on to it was converted to 4G unlimited mobile broadband at the same price... till now

yeah regretted to cancel many many years back. it only costs $11 for 1Mbps unlimited mobile broadband plan.

Voicemail was never popular with Singapore just like the usual answer machine for landline. I have an answering machine but those leaving messages were spammers. Out of 10 calls now, all 10 never leave a voice message. So, I heck care because I don’t have caller ID for that line. If I’m not wrong, it was the iPhone that introduced Voicemail because Americans love their answering machines.

I would prefer that my callers leave a voice message. I don’t like texting because I find it annoying when the other party turns it into an SMS conversation. Same with WhatsApp. I just pickup the phone and call if I want to. Or video call.

Ultimately, it is for mystery callers or numbers I don’t recognise. I don’t want to call back and only get another answering machine or telemarketer trying to sell me something. Nowadays I just adopt this policy - don’t know who, I don’t call back.

yeah. voicemail is a totally unpopular service in lion city. i think typical asian just does not like to leave voice message.

even now i also do not like. I have not leave a voice message to anyone even on whatsapp. haha.
 
Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Just for my MR Lite..

can I check, need to change the APN?

currently set to sunsurf..and data is working fine..
I googled and it should be myrepublic ? so need to change?
 

youhsueh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
932
Reaction score
0

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
23,300
Reaction score
4,276
Yes, plans will still be there. Just like the old Legacy M1 unlimited mobile broadband plan, it's still available for it's existing customers. Back then, there was an unlimited mobile broadband plan at 1mbps, customers still holding on to it was converted to 4G unlimited mobile broadband at the same price... till now

4G unlimited? no hidden terms and conditions or fair usage?
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Just for my MR Lite..

can I check, need to change the APN?

currently set to sunsurf..and data is working fine..
I googled and it should be myrepublic ? so need to change?

no need.

in fact, even I am using it on a mifi device, any APN works. even i manually set to other telcos APN, it works for me too.


Your MyRepublic SIM card will be available to use upon collection. Simply pop in your SIM card and start using it!

For signs-ups before 31 Mar 2020, you will need to set your APN before surfing. See more details below:

https://support.myrepublic.com.sg/h...74-How-do-I-activate-my-SIM-Card-APN-Setting-
 
Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127583465 said:
4G unlimited? no hidden terms and conditions or fair usage?

those unlimited MBB users that's upgraded to LTE have like FUP of 1GB/Day, then throttled down (idk what speed).

But at $22.42/mth (or lesser), it's still quite ok.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
those unlimited MBB users that's upgraded to LTE have like FUP of 1GB/Day, then throttled down (idk what speed).

But at $22.42/mth (or lesser), it's still quite ok.

only 1GB/day? then bohua le. meaning one month one can only use 30GB. that's too little. even with TPG trial plan 2GB + 1Mbps/unlimited, one can use 10GB/day easily.

last time i have the m1 3G mobile broadband 1Mbps plan at $11 only.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top