MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,568
Reaction score
18,677
That is why they purposely make the unlimited mobile broadband unattractive so that you would probably terminate it and sign their new SIM only plans.

They can't terminate or cease your line unlike Singtel.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
That is why they purposely make the unlimited mobile broadband unattractive so that you would probably terminate it and sign their new SIM only plans.

They can't terminate or cease your line unlike Singtel.

true. really not attractive.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127584563 said:
dude, u know almost all the telco also no speed cap? and they even have rollover data to next month

I really do not know. Do you want to educate me?
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
only 1GB/day? then bohua le. meaning one month one can only use 30GB. that's too little. even with TPG trial plan 2GB + 1Mbps/unlimited, one can use 10GB/day easily.

last time i have the m1 3G mobile broadband 1Mbps plan at $11 only.

As in 1GB then unlimited at throttled speed. Not 1GB then cut
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127584563 said:
dude, u know almost all the telco also no speed cap? and they even have rollover data to next month

No speed cap then overages cry lo
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
M1 power in this sense..no setup required..


any user of the myrepublic talk ??

I am still unsure about the usage...

1) if I am in sg, any benefit to use the app?

2) if I am overseas, but I dont wanna subscribe to MR roaming data, can I still use the app to receive and make calls?

3) can I use the app on another phone which have data? since I dun wanna use MR roaming data plan

4) when I call out with the app, does the receiving party see my number or a random number?

5) receiving call is only via the app? any possibility that receiving the call overseas still impose hefty overseas charge if somehow the app didnt work properly?
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
大蛇丸 Orochimaru;127585089 said:
most of the telco give 3G throttled speed after exceeding given 4G data per month

You living in what country lol, how come I didn’t know there’s unlimited 3G throttled one nowadays in Singapore :s22:

AFAIK, currently only MyRepublic, Zero1 and redONE have unlimited data at significantly throttled speeds without any add-ons leh. MyRepublic between 384kbps and 1.2M based on the plan bundle, Zero1 between 384k and 1M based on usage and plan, redONE flat out 128k.

Circles need the Unlimited data add-on (+$20/mth unless you have the promo which include free 3-12 months VAS). Unlimited also 0.75M only.
StarHub need the 50GB worry-free add-on (+$20/mth unless promo during national day 2019 which is 50% off). Unlimited also 1M only.
SingTel need the DATAX infinity add-on which is limited to Combo 3 and above (+$39.90 unless promo which is $10 disc). Unlimited also 1M only.

Even M1 MySIM e 118 / EM X+ (CORI still have) have up to 150GB/month full speed only, then 1M also.

Grandfather plans also don’t think unlimited data include without FUP too, which includes those mobile and mobile broadband plans. SingTel even forced axing of those plans the past few years.

And none of the throttling includes speed >1.2Mbps, which isn’t really “3G speeds”.




Please enlighten me if there’s a plan that have large bundle at unthrottled speeds, with throttling of at least 1.5Mbps+. I would like to know too. Thanks :)
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
As in 1GB then unlimited at throttled speed. Not 1GB then cut

i see. then not too bad if the throttled speed is 1Mbps and above. still usable.

M1 power in this sense..no setup required..


any user of the myrepublic talk ??

I am still unsure about the usage...

1) if I am in sg, any benefit to use the app?

Outgoing Calls to Other Countries

MyRepublic Talk IDD rates from 6¢ per min. - as low as fixed line rates! For the full list of MyRepublic Talk IDD rates - https://mobile.myrepublic.com.sg/roaming/talk/idd


2) if I am overseas, but I dont wanna subscribe to MR roaming data, can I still use the app to receive and make calls?

yes, as long as phone has valid Internet connection while roaming to use the app.

3) can I use the app on another phone which have data? since I dun wanna use MR roaming data plan

yes, the app does not tie to the SIM, just download the app on any mobile devices (i think even iPad has this app) and login using ur MR number with the OTP sent via SMS to ur MR number.

So technically, you can even setup this for your family members to use on their devices to make outgoing IDD or make Roaming calls to Singapore at just 5¢/minute orRoaming calls to other countries at local fixed line rates, from 6¢/minute without being a MR customer if u setup the same thing for them.


4) when I call out with the app, does the receiving party see my number or a random number?

this one i haven't verified with any of the receivers i had called yet. however, i assume that it should be. maybe expert here can help to confirm this.


5) receiving call is only via the app? any possibility that receiving the call overseas still impose hefty overseas charge if somehow the app didnt work properly?

you need to ensure Mobile and GSM forwarding is turned on in the app.

Below has very detailed info on how to use this MR talk app.
https://support.myrepublic.com.sg/hc/en-us/articles/360018943754-MyRepublic-Talk-App-Mobile-


How long does the MR Lite Plan application takes? If apply on Monday, when get SIM? Delivery to door or letterbox?

if you sign up online, you need to select the delivery date and time. somehow the available date and time are at least one to two weeks later. no immediate date and time are available usually. you try to sign up and you can see what date and time is available.

They deliver to your door step. You need to show ID to receive the SIM card.

if you need it urgently, just go to any myrepublic stores to sign up on the spot. activation and use of the new sim is immediate.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Just submit request to terminate of my MR Lite line on the last date of the current billing cycle which is 15 June 2020.

After then sign up another line with port in after 8 June 2020 upon the contract expiry of my singtel line that is used by my cousin.

From the CSO.

Please note on the following:
•Turnaround time for processing request takes 3 working days
•There will no pro-ration of monthly subscription
• Do fully utilise your plan until the end of billing cycle before termination
• Any booster, add-ons, IDD or roaming usage will be charged on your final invoice
• Final bill will be send to you if there is any outstanding items
• Any port out request will not be allowed once the line is terminated
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
How long does the MR Lite Plan application takes? If apply on Monday, when get SIM? Delivery to door or letterbox?

ya..currently online earliest delivery is end june..that's why I went down in person..and the only downside is, the plan still be active on the day itself..porting can start later if you want..but what for ? I choose to early port over on the night itself.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
M1 power in this sense..no setup required..


any user of the myrepublic talk ??

I am still unsure about the usage...

1) if I am in sg, any benefit to use the app?
No benefits. Unless you want to call overseas. Their idd rate quite competitive.

2) if I am overseas, but I dont wanna subscribe to MR roaming data, can I still use the app to receive and make calls?
As long as there is WiFi or 4g sim. Overseas sim is fine too.

3) can I use the app on another phone which have data? since I dun wanna use MR roaming data plan
Yes. Login the app on the other phone u want and get it login before you fly or travel.

4) when I call out with the app, does the receiving party see my number or a random number?
You own number.

5) receiving call is only via the app? any possibility that receiving the call overseas still impose hefty overseas charge if somehow the app didnt work properly?
Only thru the app.
If you answer thru the normal line m1 will charge MR and MR will still charge you. Only thru the app it's free. And this save you alot of cost! Alot alot!

Answers as above.
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Thanks. So long, so troublesome. Maybe drop by any MR store. Wait the MR CS staff tell me that MR Lite Plan is only available online :s22: hope not.

confirm not. I had signed up one of my line on the spot too.

basically the process is the same as online when you sign up on the spot except that some of the info will be filled up by the staff.

you can choose the number you like on the spot exactly like how you choose on line, the system is the same.

you also will be asked to enter ur credit card info by yourself on the spot with OTP received on ur phone to complete the process.

only different is no delivery date and time need to be selected.

fast and easy. whole process only takes 10 to 15mins. and their store is not really store but more of a counter. normally no customer one. so everything is fast.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,568
Reaction score
18,677
Just submit request to terminate of my MR Lite line on the last date of the current billing cycle which is 15 June 2020.

After then sign up another line with port in after 8 June 2020 upon the contract expiry of my singtel line that is used by my cousin.

From the CSO.

Please note on the following:
•Turnaround time for processing request takes 3 working days
•There will no pro-ration of monthly subscription
• Do fully utilise your plan until the end of billing cycle before termination
• Any booster, add-ons, IDD or roaming usage will be charged on your final invoice
• Final bill will be send to you if there is any outstanding items
• Any port out request will not be allowed once the line is terminated

Is the termination for the ported in TPG line?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
how to know if the incoming call is via the app or via normal gsm network ?
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
ya..currently online earliest delivery is end june..that's why I went down in person..and the only downside is, the plan still be active on the day itself..porting can start later if you want..but what for ? I choose to early port over on the night itself.

the delay port in is useful if one has contract that is yet to finish but they want to grab the promo first such as MR lite which is limited time offer.

or the line u sign up is for someone else with port in needed, which you can sign up MR lite first, pass the sim card to him/her at a convenience time then later only port in the number at a later time. this will minimise any discurption of services between the porting process.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top