MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

Hi1307

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2018
Messages
335
Reaction score
191
Anyone having issues with VoLTE on Pixel? Recently got an eSIM and VoLTE is completely not working for me - shows as unregistered. Previously when I had a normal SIM VoLTE worked fine.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,183
Reaction score
3,197
how long did it take for 'My Number' to appear correctly for iPhone port in users using eSIM? Unable to activate imessage as a result, still the same after staff offered esim replacement
Reset your number if possible. Set it to some random ones first. Set it back to your actual number after a few hours.
I had this minor hiccup too but resolved
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,213
Reaction score
17,455
Anyone having issues with VoLTE on Pixel? Recently got an eSIM and VoLTE is completely not working for me - shows as unregistered. Previously when I had a normal SIM VoLTE worked fine.
I have a Pixel 6A. Had a period of time on MR 5G using esim (not now). Had never gotten VoLTE to work. Maybe MR never provisioned VoLTE for esim for Pixel, cos it is not even in their list of supported list for esim.
 

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
6,504
Reaction score
368
iPhone 13 Pro VoLTE not working on both 4G and 5G. Still on a temp number though my line is in the midst of porting. Should it be working now or do I have to wait?

Edit: how is the 13 Pro not on the official supported list lmao

Edit: number just got ported over, VoLTE seems to be working fine on 5G, can refresh webpage while on a call.
 
Last edited:

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,623
Reaction score
4,212

4G Basic Plan​

4G Classic Plan​
4G Value Plan​
4G Unlimited Plan​

5G Plus​

5G Ultimate​

$12.90/mth​
$14.90/mth​
$17.90/mth​
$25.90/mth​

$19.95/mth​

$24.95/mth
(For first 6 mths, reverts to $29.95/mth)
​
70GB + Unlimited Data^​
200GB + Unlimited Data^​
250GB + Unlimited Data^​
Unlimited Data​
150GB/mth + Unlimited Data^​
7GB/day at full speed​
400 mins​
400 mins​
800 mins​
2000 mins​
1200 mins​
1500 mins​
400 SMS​
400 SMS​
800 SMS​
2000 SMS​
1200 SMS​
1500 SMS​
N.A​
N.A​
1GB Free data roaming (Malaysia/Indonesia) every month forever​
1GB Free data roaming (Malaysia/Indonesia) every month forever​
Free 1GB Roaming per mth in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand for 6 mths​
Free 1GB Roaming per mth in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand for 6 mths​
Free Caller ID​
Free Caller ID​
Free Caller ID​
Free Caller ID​
Free Caller ID​
Free Caller ID​
Free Incoming Calls​
Free Incoming Calls​
Free Incoming Calls​
Free Incoming Calls​
Free Incoming Calls​
Free Incoming Calls​

- As of 21 May 2024
^Going beyond your plan’s data allowance means slightly slower speeds—but still fast enough for you to keep surfing, messaging, calling and more!
- For a full list of 5G eSIM compatible devices, refer here.
 
Last edited:

Johnringo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
270
Reaction score
55
Hi all,

just wanted to get some reviews on how is the connection for MR 4g plans? I used to use this but the M1 connection was really bad and I switched out of it.

but recently I have been traveling a lot and wanted something that I can received calls without paying an arm and a leg. I am hoping the MRtalk app works decently well

hence sourcing for recent reviews or is the connection still bad?

TIA
 

superhero41

Master Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
204
i wonder if MR plans will be modified since the other players have all responded to eight telecom plans lol
 

gaoqikai

Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
388
Reaction score
239
i wonder if MR plans will be modified since the other players have all responded to eight telecom plans lol
Last year MR 5G was very attractive, $19.95 comes with 5G. All other 5G plans (Circles, GOMO, Zero1) are $20++ last year.

Now MR 5G roaming data $7.9 per GB, not attracting anymore
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Hi all,

just wanted to get some reviews on how is the connection for MR 4g plans? I used to use this but the M1 connection was really bad and I switched out of it.

but recently I have been traveling a lot and wanted something that I can received calls without paying an arm and a leg. I am hoping the MRtalk app works decently well

hence sourcing for recent reviews or is the connection still bad?

TIA
If you dislike the M1 network, then opt for the MR 5G plan, which is on the StarHub network.

So the breakdown is like this:

MR 4G - M1 network
MR 5G - StarHub network (i'm not sure if MRtalk support 5G line).
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Last year MR 5G was very attractive, $19.95 comes with 5G. All other 5G plans (Circles, GOMO, Zero1) are $20++ last year.

Now MR 5G roaming data $7.9 per GB, not attracting anymore

I thought some MR shops are still selling 5G legacy plans at $17.95 with 90GB. If anyone doesn't need 150GB per month then this is cheaper than giga.
 

wirelesslink

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
351
Reaction score
119
I thought some MR shops are still selling 5G legacy plans at $17.95 with 90GB. If anyone doesn't need 150GB per month then this is cheaper than giga.
but with the permanent free roaming i bet ppl won’t mind paying <$1 more for giga’s plans
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,183
Reaction score
3,197
If you dislike the M1 network, then opt for the MR 5G plan, which is on the StarHub network.

So the breakdown is like this:

MR 4G - M1 network
MR 5G - StarHub network (i'm not sure if MRtalk support 5G line).
To add, if one signed up for the MR 5G plan and for some reasons to turn off 5G and use 4G, it is still using the StarHub network. Not M1 network.
 

Slavor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
770
Reaction score
46
Wow, you guys weren’t kidding about how much better Giga plans are compared to my republic now. Just over a dollar more and you’re getting more data and roaming.

Anyone had experience with both? I know they’re both StarHub MNVO but just wondering if there’s any other differences between them.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Wow, you guys weren’t kidding about how much better Giga plans are compared to my republic now. Just over a dollar more and you’re getting more data and roaming.

Anyone had experience with both? I know they’re both StarHub MNVO but just wondering if there’s any other differences between them.

Not much difference TBH. Both are MVNO so people usually go for pricing or other perks like roaming.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top