Need very serious advice

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
0
True fact. i did not really try the car for long enough to notice that. it will be my fault for this.





I believe there are some people out there dont really like vw due to problem car.
he might be meaning why dont buy others rather then a problem car.



Agree and i will do that. i dont wish to let others going though what i going though.


Selling was 36.8k , after first quotation, dealer offer 35k so i thought since dealer nego 1.8k for me. and dealer seriously look sincere. it should be all good.
35k, ur coe till when?
 

Sainterly

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
227
I heard a lot of people say lemon law no power. Why no power?

Lemon law/Case/SCT can only help you to nego with the dealer on the coverage that need to be paid. but in a way if the dealer mia or dont want to pay.
Buyer will have to engage a lawyer to court which will cost more then the repair itself. and even if you win the case
They can take their own sweet time to repay you.
So in a way. lemon law is kinda useless.

I will still have a good talk with dealer and his boss and hope they will do their best to help in this case.



35k, ur coe till when?
Dec 2018
 

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
0
Anyway conti cars 'leychey' la but I really like the driving experience. I recently bought a used one around same time expire as urs also, also belongs to VW family of brands.

There are ways to mitigate.. join those enthusiast groups and ask them to recommend ws.. for conti parts hard to find stockist here.. what I do is I go to those reliable stockist online and order myself.. bring to mechanic and they can fix it up for u

Can also join those overseas forums and they usually DIY a lot.. so can learn a lot about how to DIY , diagnose and how to better maintain the car

My car also had some issues and come in and out of car workshop.. thank god I bought through a quite renowned mechanic who specialize in this particular brand..

my car even before I drive when the mechanic was testing already some red alarms sound off liao

Seller never declare and his selling ad very misleading. Good that I screenshot his ad down.

But still, I really like conti car handling.. I used to drive my mum's altis and conti car so much more fun..

Tiagong chassis more solid and more safe for driver also.

Of course, fuel consumption really like shat


Is this your own first car?
 
Last edited:

Dragon

*
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
37,616
Reaction score
1,549
Anyway conti cars 'leychey' la but I really like the driving experience. I recently bought a used one around same time expire as urs also, also belongs to VW family of brands.

There are ways to mitigate.. join those enthusiast groups and ask them to recommend ws.. for conti parts hard to find stockist here.. what I do is I go to those reliable stockist online and order myself.. bring to mechanic and they can fix it up for u

Can also join those overseas forums and they usually DIY a lot.. so can learn a lot about how to DIY , diagnose and how to better maintain the car

My car also had some issues and come in and out of car workshop.. thank god I bought through a quite renowned mechanic who specialize in this particular brand..

my car even before I drive when the mechanic was testing already some red alarms sound off liao

Seller never declare and his selling ad very misleading. Good that I screenshot his ad down.

But still, I really like conti car handling.. I used to drive my mum's altis and conti car so much more fun..

Tiagong chassis more solid and more safe for driver also.

Of course, fuel consumption really like shat


Is this your own first car?

You should drive more cars, to generalize that all conti cars have better handling and chassis is not true. Perhaps they are all better than the Altis only. :s13:
 

Sainterly

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
227
Anyway conti cars 'leychey' la but I really like the driving experience. I recently bought a used one around same time expire as urs also, also belongs to VW family of brands.

There are ways to mitigate.. join those enthusiast groups and ask them to recommend ws.. for conti parts hard to find stockist here.. what I do is I go to those reliable stockist online and order myself.. bring to mechanic and they can fix it up for u

Can also join those overseas forums and they usually DIY a lot.. so can learn a lot about how to DIY , diagnose and how to better maintain the car

My car also had some issues and come in and out of car workshop.. thank god I bought through a quite renowned mechanic who specialize in this particular brand..

my car even before I drive when the mechanic was testing already some red alarms sound off liao

Seller never declare and his selling ad very misleading. Good that I screenshot his ad down.

But still, I really like conti car handling.. I used to drive my mum's altis and conti car so much more fun..

Tiagong chassis more solid and more safe for driver also.

Of course, fuel consumption really like shat


Is this your own first car?

This is my first conti car..first 3 was jap.
so far i would agree that it is a good ride and i do understand conti need more care then other brand of car.

but like others say. it just my luck that i brought a lemon.
 

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
0
Ya la I mean generally speaking lor.. of course SAAB cannot qie GtR

I do a lot of road trips.. I've driven few thousand kms from Helsinki, through Sweden into Tromso at norway in the snow inside a Volvo..

The experience of that vis a vis a generic Toyota sedan during my long Aussie drive is completely different.

I recently drove up PCH from LA up to San Francisco via a Jap car.. then I flew back to LA and drove down to Puerto Nuevo and other small towns in Baja California via a conti...

The difference is remarkable..

I also drive another Toyota along Bulgarian highways (from Sofya to the black Sea coast and back).. those highways u have to speed at 140km/hr if not u kena honked at.. my Jap sedan rattle at high speed.

So yes, even tho this is my first car I bot.. I've driven a lot of miles in different countries.. my personal impression is conti still better driving experience than jap
 
Last edited:

789asd

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
304
Reaction score
0
Ya la I mean generally speaking lor.. of course SAAB cannot qie GtR

I do a lot of road trips.. I've driven few thousand kms from Helsinki, through Sweden into Tromso at norway in the snow inside a Volvo..

The experience of that vis a vis a generic Toyota sedan during my long Aussie drive is completely different.

I recently drove up PCH from LA up to San Francisco via a Jap car.. then I flew back to LA and drove down to Puerto Nuevo and other small towns in Baja California via a conti...

The difference is remarkable..

I also drive another Toyota along Bulgarian highways (from Sofya to the black Sea coast and back).. those highways u have to speed at 140km/hr if not u kena honked at.. my Jap sedan rattle at high speed.

So yes, even tho this is my first car I bot.. I've driven a lot of miles in different countries.. my personal impression is conti still better driving experience than jap

just want to make sure everyone is aware this man have travelled abroad a lot.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
just want to make sure everyone is aware this man have travelled abroad a lot.

I want to add something.
This guy is very active at EDMW.
First class honour grad.
Just bought a shop house.
 

Sainterly

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
227
Update for the car.

Currently it is out of ws and I would say the ws has already done their parts in repairing even though they might not be the expert in it.

As for dealer. It is still an kiv case regarding the sharing of the cost of repair.

Lastly I am glad I went to an old friend who play a lot of VW car. With his help. It happen that the turbo is fine, only a few hose need to be replace due to wear and tear. Now the car is perfectly fine And it need to monitor for 2 days

Even though I brought a lemon. I paid for stuff which I think it not right. But at the very least. You guys share a lot of info and advice to me. I sincerely thanks to those who read and advice to me.

Will update you guys again for latest news.
 
Last edited:

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
0
a ASK?.....
.

How am I an ASK?

My mum drives an altis and lives in hdb.

I pay for my home, Reno, car with my own money

I repay my uni debt with my own money.

The only luxury I got off my mum is that on some weekends, only if she is not using her altis.. I can borrow. But I have to pump full tank before returning.

Btw let's stick to topic pls
 
Last edited:

Optionstrader

Banned
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
26,509
Reaction score
72
Update for the car.

Currently it is out of ws and I would say the ws has already done their parts in repairing even though they might not be the expert in it.

As for dealer. It is still an kiv case regarding the sharing of the cost of repair.

Lastly I am glad I went to an old friend who play a lot of VW car. With his help. It happen that the turbo is fine, only a few hose need to be replace due to wear and tear. Now the car is perfectly fine And it need to monitor for 2 days

Even though I brought a lemon. I paid for stuff which I think it not right. But at the very least. You guys share a lot of info and advice to me. I sincerely thanks to those who read and advice to me.

Will update you guys again for latest news.
Yes thats good to know

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT
 

tankgunner

Mentor
Joined
Jul 17, 2015
Messages
270,108
Reaction score
50,413
.

How am I an ASK?

My mum drives an altis and lives in hdb.

I pay for my home, Reno, car with my own money

I repay my uni debt with my own money.

The only luxury I got off my mum is that on some weekends, only if she is not using her altis.. I can borrow. But I have to pump full tank before returning.

Btw let's stick to topic pls

I am just asking a question.
no need to be so work up.....unless.....:o
 

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
0
Update for the car.

Currently it is out of ws and I would say the ws has already done their parts in repairing even though they might not be the expert in it.

As for dealer. It is still an kiv case regarding the sharing of the cost of repair.

Lastly I am glad I went to an old friend who play a lot of VW car. With his help. It happen that the turbo is fine, only a few hose need to be replace due to wear and tear. Now the car is perfectly fine And it need to monitor for 2 days

Even though I brought a lemon. I paid for stuff which I think it not right. But at the very least. You guys share a lot of info and advice to me. I sincerely thanks to those who read and advice to me.

Will update you guys again for latest news.
I'm curious. Why u say WS is not an expert for VW?

How ur old friend diagnose? He is a mechanic?

What hose? Water hose? I recently changed my water hose cus my mechanic said so.. till now I still dunno what is it for.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
Update for the car.

Currently it is out of ws and I would say the ws has already done their parts in repairing even though they might not be the expert in it.

As for dealer. It is still an kiv case regarding the sharing of the cost of repair.

Lastly I am glad I went to an old friend who play a lot of VW car. With his help. It happen that the turbo is fine, only a few hose need to be replace due to wear and tear. Now the car is perfectly fine And it need to monitor for 2 days

Even though I brought a lemon. I paid for stuff which I think it not right. But at the very least. You guys share a lot of info and advice to me. I sincerely thanks to those who read and advice to me.

Will update you guys again for latest news.

good to hear that.
CASE here is not so strong like Ang Moh country. Lemon law can't compare to Ang Moh one.
If you got lemon product, you confirm can become very rich man if you stay at Ang Moh country.
 

Sainterly

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
227
I'm curious. Why u say WS is not an expert for VW?

How ur old friend diagnose? He is a mechanic?

What hose? Water hose? I recently changed my water hose cus my mechanic said so.. till now I still dunno what is it for.
My friend has been playing VW car for quite some year and do his own modified.

Not saying the ws is lousy but probably not familiar with VW car as they mostly do BMW/Audi/Merc.

My friend has VCS diagnose program so after he diagnose. He mention need to change the vent hose as it is broken that cause leak. I did a replacment today and boost is coming back as usual even though I did not drive hard due to running in with new piston now.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top