For the technical side, the new 15 inch MBP are using AMD GPU. So, Adobe accelerated software will use OpenCL. I dun really understand this CUDA, OpenCl thing.
But from what I know, OpenCL performs slower than CUDA (NVIDIA GPU).
I actually need FCPX for my home editing, simple video making. And I also need Premiere Pro for my school professional editing.
I know for video editing CPU is the main thing. But only Adobe implement the GPU usage for better performance and rendering time.
13 inch with touch bar + 16GB RAM + 3.3GHz i7 up to 3.6GHz + Iris 550 + 512 SSD = $3,488
15 inch with touch bar + 16GB RAM + 2.9GHz i7 up to 3.8GHz + AMD 460 4GB + 512 SSD = $4,368.
Some even say Iris perform better than AMD. If thats the case, Its not worth it if I choose the 15 inch which is extra $1000. Right?
And its heavier but perform slower(in terms of editing side only). Im sure the GPU can be put into good things maybe other productivity app.