Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyone just note that the new switch OLED model is not an upgrade but a sidegrade like Switch Lite.

It gives more options for those who always play it portable. If you want lighter but smaller screen, go for Switch Lite. If you want bigger screen but slighly heavier, go for Switch OLED. I have both standard and lite. Based on my personal experience, if you always play portable, the lite one is very comfortable and less strain to the hands.

I'm speculating the reasons they didn't increase the specs is mainly because their old stock couldn't sell because of all the "Switch Pro rumors". Some people don't want buy new Switch because they heard a better Switch is coming. To quell the rumors and sell their excess stocks, they took out the components from those old stocks and just give them new OLED screen and add $50 to the cost. You are basically buying the old stocks with just a new screen. It's nothing brand new about this model.

So think twice before buying the same Switch if you already own a standard switch. I suggest buying only if you really need it. OLED is also not a new thing. PSVita had OLED screen since years ago. Plus, playstation is making a new portable console. If you already have a Switch, why not wait for the new PS portable so you have a variety in your arsenal?

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe shall buy Switch Lite and then transfer over when a better-er Switch comes along in future..

Last edited:

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those buying the new Switch might want to read this thread and the comments

This Reddit post is silly. TVs have to get a lot brighter for HDR hence the issues for burn in are likely to be more prominent. They should be looking at the history of oled gaming phones instead. I doubt pp will be gaming under the bright sun for long hours. My oled iPhone X never had any burn in issues and I'm a heavy phone user. I'm sure the early amoled Samsungs could have some burn in, but it's pretty mature as a tech now.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got experience with buying digital games from sellers in carousell?

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing
Depends. Now got rumour of a new Switch Pro that will be announced at E3 so see how lor.
If there's a new console I think got chance the older models will drop price.
Personally for technology I tend to wait a few weeks/months and read reviews before buying.

If you don't care about any new console than I'll say it's worth it. The prices are cheaper than last time.

JonWeak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those planning to play Pokémon's new MOBA game. Not a fan of MOBA but seems like some people are not happy with this game.

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh ya...about there...also not the real PRO version and priced so high...must as well get the digital version of PS5 right...

Actually good thing also la...most likely no scrapers buy and reseller and therefore nit that much demand for this OLED model...those already have it, no real reason to get this version. Only can attract those that don’t have yet...

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya...about there...also not the real PRO version and priced so high...must as well get the digital version of PS5 right...

Actually good thing also la...most likely no scrapers buy and reseller and therefore nit that much demand for this OLED model...those already have it, no real reason to get this version. Only can attract those that don’t have yet...

But digital PS5 does not have Pokemon, Mario, Zelda and etc.........

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to resolve online errors? Getting NAT error and unable to connect to online for Mario games

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Reaction score
I need a reason to pick up my switch.. now i kinda lost interest in the game offered..

Mostly commuting i watch netflix.. and at home play pc or ps5..

hope metroid will pique my interest

endori

Reaction score
Hi all, just placed an order for my switch (GEN 2). New to this as I only own the nintendo ds in the past. Looking for games recommendation suitable for whole family (like kids and elderly).

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just placed an order for my switch (GEN 2). New to this as I only own the nintendo ds in the past. Looking for games recommendation suitable for whole family (like kids and elderly).
My kid like Mario Kart and Mario Party.. she is waiting for fall guys as she having hard time using ps5 controller (she is 5)

icyflame

Master Member
Reaction score
My kid like Mario Kart and Mario Party.. she is waiting for fall guys as she having hard time using ps5 controller (she is 5)
Mario party is a must have. But I am having issues going online. Somehow I have a NAT type D and have error when connecting online. Damn sian

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mario party is a must have. But I am having issues going online. Somehow I have a NAT type D and have error when connecting online. Damn sian
I bought mario partry, Taiko + Drum, Tum tsum festival and super smash bro. Tempted to buy splatoon 2

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.