Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been clearing alot of my games backlog on playstation and switch these past few months.

after completing platinumed both god of war Ragnarok and inscryption on ps5 last weekend, managed to complete Astral Chain this weekend, a game i bought on launch back in god knows when on physical.

overall, an overall adequate action game from platinum, let down by the 30fps performance, lackluster level/mission design and godaweful camera. a 7/10 from me. I'm incline to score it lower if not for the always reliable platinum action touch.

next game on the block from my backlog: octopath traveler and donkey kong country tropical freeze

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm thinking of getting a Nintendo switch.

I had googled and found out there's a OLED version (7" 64GB) and a normal version (6.2" 32GB) console.

Which one is more worth it?

Also, I read about a HD version coming soon.
If predominately using it in dock mode then Gen 2. If predominately handheld then OLED model.

BassDude

Reaction score
Guys, I'm thinking of getting a Nintendo switch.

I had googled and found out there's a OLED version (7" 64GB) and a normal version (6.2" 32GB) console.

Which one is more worth it?

Also, I read about a HD version coming soon.
I uses to play mostly on Dock when I had 6.2in (gen2) . Bought the 7in (oled) recently and it had increased my hand held time by alot. While the physical oled form factor didn't increase alot, the additional screen real estate increased significantly and the oled is so pleasing to the eye as compared to gen 2. If you have no budget issue, go for oled definitely. The price difference is not obscene anyway and I'm sure oled resale value will hold much better than gen 2.

PaprikaSG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I uses to play mostly on Dock when I had 6.2in (gen2) . Bought the 7in (oled) recently and it had increased my hand held time by alot. While the physical oled form factor didn't increase alot, the additional screen real estate increased significantly and the oled is so pleasing to the eye as compared to gen 2. If you have no budget issue, go for oled definitely. The price difference is not obscene anyway and I'm sure oled resale value will hold much better than gen 2.
I'm thinking of playing Mario game on Switch, so that when I visit Osaka Universal Studio Super Nintendo World, I'll get the chance to collect special item from there which will be credited to the Switch's Mario game lol

BassDude

Reaction score
I'm thinking of playing Mario game on Switch, so that when I visit Osaka Universal Studio Super Nintendo World, I'll get the chance to collect special item from there which will be credited to the Switch's Mario game lol
What special item and which Mario game? I'm going this thu. Don't want to miss out.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More games for Switch to my collection
34036-D5-A-8835-4-AEA-99-DA-169-BBEADF76-F.jpg

skcvale

Reaction score
Anyone interested to share Nintendo Online Family Plan?

Should be around $6.50 per pax for basic NS Online or $15 for NS Online + Expansion Pack if we manage to get 8 to share.

zensushi

Reaction score

True that.

I have all the three versions: Nintendo Switch original, Nintendo Switch Lite & Nintendo Switch OLED.

The OLED version is particularly nice to play on as a handheld. Bigger sceeen, sharper images & quicker responses (feels like).

DrBaldwin

Reaction score
True that.

I have all the three versions: Nintendo Switch original, Nintendo Switch Lite & Nintendo Switch OLED.

The OLED version is particularly nice to play on as a handheld. Bigger sceeen, sharper images & quicker responses (feels like).
I have the OG Switch and the Switch Lite, and was tempted to get the OLED Switch.

Is the dock for the OLED Switch and OG Switch inter-usable?

The beauty of the OLED Switch is the screen and screen size. My lao hua does make looking at the Switch lite, a little challenging. Lol

zensushi

Reaction score
I have the OG Switch and the Switch Lite, and was tempted to get the OLED Switch.

The beauty of the OLED Switch is the screen and screen size. My lao hua does make looking at the Switch lite, a little challenging. Lol

Yes. I'm using the docks for the original Nintendo Switch consoles with the OLED model since they are already connected to the TVs in the bedroom & the living room.

BassDude

Reaction score

Yes, interchangeable. The oled Dock has lan port as a bonus.

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested to share Nintendo Online Family Plan?

Should be around $6.50 per pax for basic NS Online or $15 for NS Online + Expansion Pack if we manage to get 8 to share.
I am keen to share NS Online + Expansion pack.

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which transparent or thin case is suitable for the OLED version that can dock and still stay connected to TV? Read tat brands like nyko or Dobe gotch problems as abit too thick if notch ish crack easily for NYKO

todayisgood

Reaction score
hi guys, i recently bought a switch OLED and the 2-pin power adapter for dock is causing some inconvenience.
anyone knows is there a 3-pin adapter that i can purchase? dont seems to find the answer when i google

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.