Note 3 Finally gets Lollipop

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Wow.. very fierce. just tried bluetooth my speakers to my Note 3 and the wifi was cut off! this is a real bug for me.

Anyway, Note 3 has served me well. No complaints overall. Time to consider Note 4.

Bob
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,771
Reaction score
3,593
nice mobile but after update all become lousy!!!!

wait for Note 5
 

newcell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
10,442
Reaction score
2,067
Doing fine with 5.0.
Just randomly hang, not too disturbing for me. Waiting for Note 5
 

lisazhang

Banned
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
When I put my note 3 in the pocket, it will vibrate. Very annoying. It never happened until upgrading to 5.0. 5.0 has lots of bugs. Samsung should have tested it properly b4 OTA to the phones.
 

JASPER1234

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
424
Reaction score
2
Hi, does anyone has this issue. The problem is my ringing sound will randomly become the lowest thus sometime people call and I will miss it. I had pressed the volume button to the highest but out sudden it become the lowest again
 

lawlaw77

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I agree. It become easily hang and it will restart itself. It become very slow too. Old device alway can't update to the latest version.

nice mobile but after update all become lousy!!!!

wait for Note 5
 

fatthumb

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
3
Note 3 hardware still too powerful for Lolli but pretty sure Samsung wont optimise the new OS so user will upgrade to their newer phone. I am also using Lolli (rooted ROM frm xda) and everything has been working fine for the last 2 weeks.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT
 

clock_ED

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
47
Guys need help! My note 3 kenna black screen of death... Any reliable places to intro for repair?
 

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
so is it recommend to upgrade to 5.0 or stay at 4.4.2?

Upgrade 5.0 sure has bugs! But it seems like each one has different kind too. Mine is the bluetooth headphone set. If use, it cuts the wifi off without fail. However, i am contented to use my wired earphone.

If upgrade, I recommend hard reset (e.g. power button, volume + & home button pressed together). I find my phone still very smooth and not much lag. I also removed my sd card and access everything from internal storage - i think this also helps.

The Note 5 is out and there's no replaceable battery feature, so very unlikely I will buy.

My question is - I have been using Note 3 for 2 years. Should I upgrade to Note 4? I know the screen resolution is better, and camera is better and the S-pen has slightly more features.. Is it worth? haha
 

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
21,368
Reaction score
740
Upgrade 5.0 sure has bugs! But it seems like each one has different kind too. Mine is the bluetooth headphone set. If use, it cuts the wifi off without fail. However, i am contented to use my wired earphone.

If upgrade, I recommend hard reset (e.g. power button, volume + & home button pressed together). I find my phone still very smooth and not much lag. I also removed my sd card and access everything from internal storage - i think this also helps.

The Note 5 is out and there's no replaceable battery feature, so very unlikely I will buy.

My question is - I have been using Note 3 for 2 years. Should I upgrade to Note 4? I know the screen resolution is better, and camera is better and the S-pen has slightly more features.. Is it worth? haha

mine at 4.4.2 also siao siao one....sometime no response also....internet sometime shut down by itself.....so was thinking....might try 5.0 since both also got problem
 

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Hi

Went down to Bugis M1, and played with Note 5. Did not like the non-replaceable battery.
So I FINALLY decided and bought (recontract) the Note 4. At $61/mth plan, the cost of the phone (minus the roadshow discount ($30), minus the $25 (long service discount) was a steal.

I bought the Rose Champagne color. I was told the white, black and pink are all gone.

Fantastic phone - It came with Lollipop 5.0.1 factory upgrade model.

Goodbye my NOTE 3 - You have served me well.

Bob
 
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
Isn't it possible to rollback to earlier/ custom firmware? Note 3's hardware has been serving me well all these while and I hardly see any need to change my phone again (unless the hardware fails me but unlikely).

I'm still running 4.4.2 with google now launcher. Touchwhiz is crap imo.

-Still a happy note 3 owner
 

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
so anyone sell away their note 3? shop only take in for $50... so low price huh?

$50 is a bit low, IMO, ask some shops, I think you can get higher.
I have given mine to a friend's maid connection - in the past she has sold quite a few of my Galaxy products. Still waiting for a buyer.

BTW, I have a waterproof casing for NOTE 3, it is from the renowed brand, SEIDIO. The link is here: http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-obex-case-holster-black-p/bd2-hwssgt3-br.htm

Only use less than 5 times. If anyone wants to have it for a simple deal, PM me or sms at 98894024.

Bob
 

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,287
Reaction score
6,835
Anyone s pen not working? I can't take screenshots with the side button.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top