Note 3 Finally gets Lollipop

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Guys did ur encounter went take photo there is no sound after i updated my note 3 to lolipop and any solution

Hi,
Sound is still there but check whether you mute your phone. There will be no click sound if you mute your phone.
 

Stealer

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
148
Reaction score
1
I had updated mine last sunday.
Now my whatsapp cannot be connected unless Im on home wifi.
Last nite, I used google map as GPS.. it looses connection and I had to get my wife note4 to do it..
It seem that this upgrade is causing a issue for note3.. anyway to downgrade?
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,171
Reaction score
2,884
I had updated mine last sunday.
Now my whatsapp cannot be connected unless Im on home wifi.
Last nite, I used google map as GPS.. it looses connection and I had to get my wife note4 to do it..
It seem that this upgrade is causing a issue for note3.. anyway to downgrade?
did u hard reset? maybe that will help...
 

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
15,542
Reaction score
531
guys stupid noob question. how to flash new lollipop firmware?
i tried by using the phone no updates no nothing leh
 

Stealer

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
148
Reaction score
1
found my problem.. had somehow set my APN to "prepaid" instead of "Postpaid".
Now I can connect to internet..
'whatsapp' can be sent now when I am outside my home.
 

lisazhang

Banned
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
My initial observation after using Lollipop on my Note 3 for a week or so...

My wifi keeps losing connection once a while. This does not happened under Kit Kat. But it is not a major problem for me.

Bob

I am having the same issue.
 

ralph79

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
8
I had updated mine last sunday.
Now my whatsapp cannot be connected unless Im on home wifi.
Last nite, I used google map as GPS.. it looses connection and I had to get my wife note4 to do it..
It seem that this upgrade is causing a issue for note3.. anyway to downgrade?

Same goes with the Bluetooth. Kept losing connections with my smartwatch.
 

newcell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
10,442
Reaction score
2,067
So far after upgraded, about 2 weeks.

All working fine. Wifi (Asus N56U) both band experienced no drop, as stable as KK.

Only grunt I have is bluetooth auto connect not as smooth as with KK.
Connecting to my Jabra handfree unit was perfect but not with my Pioneer set. Factory reset pending.

* Pioneer set Bluetooth driver updated, working fine now.
 
Last edited:

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
bluetooth and wifi

Same goes with the Bluetooth. Kept losing connections with my smartwatch.

I also discovered that if I use my bluetooth headset, the wifi seems to disconnect itself on its own. So, finally out of frustration, I revert back to my wired headset, and it improved. However, especially in the evening, the wifi tends to disconnect itself & back again after a while.

Definitely some lollipop bugs.

Bob
 

bobaccord

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1
Hi

With the lollipop upgrade on my Note 3, I discovered this feature where a writing pad is opened when the S-pen hovers near the screen is missing (e.g. writing sms). That is a very useful feature if I prefer to write my text rather than type.

I tried to find it but failed.

Anyone can show me? Or has it been removed withe lollipop upgrade?

Thanks
Bob
 

ATN888

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
hover spen over text input area, handwrite icon pop up, tap on it.
XNnNxxF.png
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top