Note 4 Battery Life

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Yup. That's why your phone battery will continue to deteriorate over time.


Nope, it doesn't matter if you charge in your fridge. When there is reactions happening in your battery, heat will be produce, the fridge doesn't stop that reaction. It's all chemistry bs from here on, I don't know how to explain. :s13:

Since we talking about fridge and phone, side track a little, you can place your phone in a vaccum bag and chill it to about 10-15C in the fridge and run your benchmark test thou :s13:

Been there done that :s13:
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,220
Reaction score
5,200
The thing that kills the battery is heat. Whenever you charge your phone, heat is produced. So the more heat you introduced to your battery, the lesser the lifespan. That's why people recommend that you do not use your phone while it's charging, and not to leave your phone on the charger, or charge too frequently.

If phone is fully charged, green light on, feels cool leh. But yah agree on the heat part. Perhaps better to disconnect, the phone notification also says to do so.
 
Last edited:

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
So basically note 4 has it Pro Cons at Batt life.... hhmm hopefully samsung can improve the battery life in the future.... if there is smartphone that can last me at least 3 days then i will sure buy regard to the price, SURE BUY one!:s13:
 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
I think we dun need to worry the battery lifespan. I believe most of us change phone faster than we change battery.

I charge my iphone 4 to 5 times daily. Battery life still around 4-5hr of usage till now.



The thing that kills the battery is heat. Whenever you charge your phone, heat is produced. So the more heat you introduced to your battery, the lesser the lifespan. That's why people recommend that you do not use your phone while it's charging, and not to leave your phone on the charger, or charge too frequently.
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
XNumVa.png
sAsJrP.png
1ypYE3.png


I've been monitoring N4 for a week and realised that I can't hit 4 hours of screen display time most of the time. I read some of you guys here can have 4-5 hours screen display time and still left with 20 plus % batt. Any advice on this?
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
I've been monitoring N4 for a week and realised that I can't hit 4 hours of screen display time most of the time. I read some of you guys here can have 4-5 hours screen display time and still left with 20 plus % batt. Any advice on this?

Some things.

1. Do you have an SD card installed? If so, there might be a file on it that prevents the media indexing service on Android from completing, which is why "media" shows up on your battery usage profile.

2. com.android.keyguard is not supposed to show up on your battery usage profile normally as well. Some have reported that downloading an app that turns it off and back on again fixes the issue, but it may or may not work for you. For what it's worth, one such app is called Keyguard (Lockscreen) Disabler from the Play Store.

3. You can try the old Note 3 trick of turning off the phone, pulling the battery for a while, then putting the battery back and turning it back on to see if it resolves certain wakelocks. It seems to have worked for me once when one of Google's services started wakelocking my phone.
 
Last edited:

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
...
1. Do you have an SD card installed? If so, there might be a file on it that prevents the media indexing service on Android from completing, which is why "media" shows up on your battery usage profile.
...

Good guess, but I don't think so. The media indexing service is really IndexService which did not show up on his stats. I did have a major problem with IndexService last week which I traced to the broken Samsung Cloud service which kept downloading my entire Dropbox contents onto my phone despite me disabling the DocumentSync option. It only stopped doing it when I unregistered my Dropbox from the Cloud service.
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Some things.

1. Do you have an SD card installed? If so, there might be a file on it that prevents the media indexing service on Android from completing, which is why "media" shows up on your battery usage profile.

2. com.android.keyguard is not supposed to show up on your battery usage profile normally as well. Some have reported that downloading an app that turns it off and back on again fixes the issue, but it may or may not work for you. For what it's worth, one such app is called Keyguard (Lockscreen) Disabler from the Play Store.

3. You can try the old Note 3 trick of turning off the phone, pulling the battery for a while, then putting the battery back and turning it back on to see if it resolves certain wakelocks. It seems to have worked for me once when one of Google's services started wakelocking my phone.

1. Yes, I have a SD card installed. How to I check which file is preventing?
2. What is this Keyguard actually?
3. Just tried it, refer to the image below.
bbh6vd.png


Could you show me how does the page should looks like instead of mine?
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Good guess, but I don't think so. The media indexing service is really IndexService which did not show up on his stats. I did have a major problem with IndexService last week which I traced to the broken Samsung Cloud service which kept downloading my entire Dropbox contents onto my phone despite me disabling the DocumentSync option. It only stopped doing it when I unregistered my Dropbox from the Cloud service.

I didn't link up my cloud service with Dropbox. How to you do the tracing ?
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
BTW, one way to recondition batteries is to put them in the freezer (properly wrapped in a plastic bag to prevent moisture from seeping through) for 8-10hours, then leave them out in the open to warm up a bit for 15 minutes and try to charge them again. I was a disbeliever until I did it one time on a dead notebook battery (couldn't charge at all) and it came alive again after that procedure.
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I didn't link up my cloud service with Dropbox. How to you do the tracing ?

Actually, your readings are really quite normal. Give it another few weeks of charge and discharge cycles and see if the battery can give you more juice. But I don't worry too much about battery usage these days unless it drops like 10% per 5 minutes of use.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Good guess, but I don't think so. The media indexing service is really IndexService which did not show up on his stats. I did have a major problem with IndexService last week which I traced to the broken Samsung Cloud service which kept downloading my entire Dropbox contents onto my phone despite me disabling the DocumentSync option. It only stopped doing it when I unregistered my Dropbox from the Cloud service.



Hmm it used to show up as "media" for my phone (Note 3) leh. It's not the file indexing service, but the Gallery app trying to catalogue all the media on my sd card and wouldn't stop because it encountered a video that it couldn't process. Traced it to the sd card by removing and reinserting the sd card and watching the background processes. Eventually I formatted my sd card and the problem went away because I couldn't be bothered to track down which file caused the issue one by one. Then I reloaded my media on it via downloading from OneDrive and the problem still didn't return.


There should be another, similar problem caused by IndexService. I remember reading about that being related to indexing pdf files on the sd card.
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Now i got a high 14% of Media running in background & both TouchWiz Home and com.andriod.systemmui running too. Any experts help pls!:s11:

CvDBg6.png
LWpkzc.png
 

Yurikaze

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
1,138
Reaction score
5
Xiaojie, can I ask what font you using and what app use for the font? It looks very similar to my prev hp font that's why asked.

Ps not on topic.
 

x1aojie

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Finally after formatting my SD card and doing a factory reset, I achieved this! Am I good to go? :)

p6AoKp.png
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
I wasn't at that point of time leh... why?

I mean, over the course of the day. If I remember correctly, "mediaserver" should only appear if you've been playing music or video. Otherwise it could indicate another unnecessary battery draining service that's been left on for some reason. I used to be pretty OCD about these things when using a Desire S with lousy battery life. :p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top