November 2017 SBF

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its the same for all projects public or private, reason is that the people who bought at launch get a cheaper price because they have to wait longer. The longer the wait the cheaper it would be. Conversely, the closer to the date of completion, the shorter the wait, the cost would be higher. If the units don't get chosen during this SBF, it will likely be more expensive the next time round
based on this logic,

if say a 1st level ground floor die die nobody take for many rounds of SOBF,

10 years later, it will sell for $1m ah?

:)

gigglygrape

Reaction score
based on this logic,

if say a 1st level ground floor die die nobody take for many rounds of SOBF,

10 years later, it will sell for $1m ah?

:)

haha if you want to extrapolate until like that then yes lor but obviously if you have common sense then no lah, valuation got limit also what.

if someone is desperate for immediate housing, i bet you the 1st level ground floor unit that is immediately available will be a lot more attractive compared to a top floor unit that is only available 4 years later for the same price. different people got different needs

busterkid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they don't charge higher, people will take the first phase of BTO for granted. Why apply for BTO when sobf is the same? Other than getting better units, there's no other benefits. Hence the price difference as well.

are u saying the good units are snatched up during BTO so pple should be charged during SBF for the leftover undesirable ones? :s22:

Last edited:

CherryBee

Reaction score
Hahaha i know how u feel... when it was my turn i also felt that second timers should be allocated 0% hahaha =:p

last SOBF, I never even get ticket. some more stay within my parents residence. I wonder which 5% got it. make my blood boil!

gigglygrape

Reaction score
are u saying the good units are snatched up during BTO so pple should be charged during SBF for the leftover undesirable ones? :s22:

no he isn't saying that. people who buy at launch are locked in, opportunity cost is there without getting the flat immediately, hence the price is lower. there are also risks that is involved in buying a flat early in advance, especially with stringent conditions that come with HDB flats.

HDB or developers are not charging a premium for leftover units, they are charging you for the time that you "save" waiting for a new flat. if 2 flats of the same quality and location costs $500k, one is available now and one is available 3 years later, which will you choose (assuming that you can move in right away)? my guess is most people would choose the immediately available one, and developers (including HDB) have priced their flats to match this demand.

tivo88

Reaction score
Apply SOBF is like buy lottery
No need put too much hope due to low chances

If tio happy loh if never then move on

bmboy32

Reaction score
Are there different levels for rate of chances for the various priority schemes? For example, if u under PPS, chances are higher, or are these schemes lumped together with no difference?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last SOBF, I never even get ticket. some more stay within my parents residence. I wonder which 5% got it. make my blood boil!

If that isn't good enough, you'll see the same unit appear over a few rounds of SBF. That'll make you vaporize :s13:.

mssynice168

Reaction score
No harm to try, as long as you try, there is a chance.

We oso first time apply for the SBF May 2017 K/W, we only have choice units abt 20 yet our Q is 50+, we thought we sure cannot get it, in the end, we still make it.

So dun give up hope, so long as you try, there is still a possibility.

Jia You and All the best !

itsmee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if the queenstown 4 rooms are they also put up during the May 2017 SBF exercise? i saw some familiar ones.

tivo88

Reaction score
anyone knows if the queenstown 4 rooms are they also put up during the May 2017 SBF exercise? i saw some familiar ones.

I have a HLE applied in August which will expire in January 2018

Since the result will only be out in Feb 2018 will I need to apply for a new HLE in Feb 2018 ?

If yes , then the max loan is base on my HLE loan amount during application or at the point of flat booking ?

CherryBee

Reaction score
No need to apply in feb... best is to apply only when u know the dates for ur selection.. ur hle needs to be valid until key collection.
Apply 3 weeks before unit selection, more than enough time, unless u wan to appeal for more then a bit more time will be better.
Since it’s gona be a new application, ur loan amount will be based on the documents u have provided for the new application.
U need to have a valid hle when booking ur flat.

I have a HLE applied in August which will expire in January 2018

Since the result will only be out in Feb 2018 will I need to apply for a new HLE in Feb 2018 ?

If yes , then the max loan is base on my HLE loan amount during application or at the point of flat booking ?

tivo88

Reaction score
No need to apply in feb... best is to apply only when u know the dates for ur selection.. ur hle needs to be valid until key collection.
Apply 3 weeks before unit selection, more than enough time, unless u wan to appeal for more then a bit more time will be better.
Since it’s gona be a new application, ur loan amount will be based on the documents u have provided for the new application.
U need to have a valid hle when booking ur flat.

Alright thanks for the info

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.