Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
help! recently I cannot cast my phone youtube or any other. I have cleared the cache/cookies in the chromecast app but still same, phone can find the shield device but just cannot connect.
eh ... a wild throw.. are u on the same network? are u using mobile network instead? do u have a vpn on either of your device?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i even dloaded google Home and tried, cannot find device (shield).

yes..restart both and still same.

As for shield, google assistant is ON, cant see other settings require.

Dont use google assistant and google home.

Google yourself to find out how to pair youtube.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
off your vpn when u wanna cast.
vpn shouldn't affect casting as long as the devices are connected on the same network/subnet.

check router's AP isolation setting. it should be turned off..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vpn shouldn't affect casting as long as the devices are connected on the same network/subnet.

check router's AP isolation setting. it should be turned off..

No experience with casting issue but VPN prevented my stv from seeing my network drive even thomthey are on the same network.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shield controller kept blinking blue. 1st time this happened. Pressed the triangle less than a foot from shield tv and still not connected. Any ideas ? I leave it to drain and recharge and try to sync again ?

Shield remote working

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone facing their game controller battery drain?
I have a full charge And I stop using the shield like 1-2 weeks . When I use the shield again, it prompt me battery low need to charge . Is it normal ?anyway to ‘off’ the gamepad?

how long is ur controller liao? if u keep using it, time to change your battery liao.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Nvidia Sheild for Singtel cast? I tried 2 different methods.

1. Play directly via app installed on Nvidia Shield
Result: slightly laggy refresh rate. Watching football can see that it's not smooth.

2. Play on my iPhone and cast on Nvidia Shield via Chromecast.
Result: good resolution. Smooth frame rate. No issues but video is about 15 seconds behind "live"

I run both on the same WiFi network. It puzzles me why casting from my phone yields a better result that running the app directly. Does anyone else have this problem?
because the app is not optimised for Android TV OS devices.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Nvidia Sheild for Singtel cast? I tried 2 different methods.

Result: slightly laggy refresh rate. Watching football can see that it's not smooth.

Result: good resolution. Smooth frame rate. No issues but video is about 15 seconds behind "live"

I run both on the same WiFi network. It puzzles me why casting from my phone yields a better result that running the app directly. Does anyone else have this problem?

which version of cast are you running on shield? installed from shield's playstore?

it appeared that you are using screen sharing/mirroring or using sort of transcoding. normally chromecast has no such problem, and can even off the phone after casting without affecting the video on shield.

Last edited:

verxs

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest Singtel cast from Google play store. The video was a bit laggy.

which version of cast are you running on shield? installed from shield's playstore?

it appeared that you are using screen sharing/mirroring or using sort of transcoding. normally chromecast has no such problem, and can even off the phone after casting without affecting the video on shield.

arctic_silver

Reaction score
Anyone having issues after the latest update? Some of my streaming apps doesn't work anymore and some doesn't even appear on the home screen

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues after the latest update? Some of my streaming apps doesn't work anymore and some doesn't even appear on the home screen
Yes my Netflix and Amazon Prime video is not working. There's supposed to be a hotfix for it which you have to apply for and they will send via Ota. I have not received it yet though.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

arctic_silver

Reaction score
I have no issues with streaming services like Netflix or prime video. Only problem is with the streaming apps which I sideloaded. But i guess it's expected as they are not officially listed on the play store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.