ocbc 360 account

Gunboundz

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
0
Since I dunno how to calculate, why don't you calculate n gimme an answer instead of giving me a formula??

With base at 50000k and if 1 year is 365 days = $25
((50000/100) * (0.05/365) )* 365 = $25

Base @ 50000k and 28 Days = $1.92
((50000/100) * (0.05/365) )* 28 = $1.92

Base @ 50000k and 30 Days = $2.06
((50000/100) * (0.05/365) )* 30 = $2.06

Base @ 50000k and 31 Days = $2.12
((50000/100) * (0.05/365) )* 31 = $2.12

MoDiE is nice enough to provide the formula but don't expect everyone to spoon feed you with answers.

Besides there is a yearly calculator at this ocbc 360 site:
Get higher interest rate with 360 Deposit Account | OCBC Bank
 
Last edited:

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
I do understand how modie feels.

some people act like they did not even have pri 4 maths.

some act like their phone/computer does not have a calculator

some people keep asking the same qs that has been posted time many times before. these people cant be bothered to read what is in front.

it is quite irritating sometimes.

modie is one of the more helpful guys around, answering many of these questions.
 

friedpiggy

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
189
Reaction score
2
Does anyone find the online banking somewhat buggy and unsecure?

I was able to pay an m1 bill without entering 2nd factor security code. There was also once I created 3 billing organization at one shot and when the third org I didn't receive the otp, and requested resend opt a few times without getting any, I gave up and exit that page and tried recreate the same billing org, It just went thru directly without need for otp.
.
Wheb I tried to write to customer service using the internal mailing system, it crashed.

Or is the problem with my browser? I'm usig google chrome.
 

charcoal3256

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
388
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know, to qualify for the credit card spend bonus interest of 1% for ocbc 360 account, a minimum of S$400 across your OCBC Credit Cards, does it also include my spending on supplementary cards?

Thanks in advance.
 

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2000
Messages
16,588
Reaction score
155
Does anyone know, to qualify for the credit card spend bonus interest of 1% for ocbc 360 account, a minimum of S$400 across your OCBC Credit Cards, does it also include my spending on supplementary cards?

Thanks in advance.

yes, 10 chara
 

iMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,347
Reaction score
1,081
Does anyone find the online banking somewhat buggy and unsecure?

I was able to pay an m1 bill without entering 2nd factor security code. There was also once I created 3 billing organization at one shot and when the third org I didn't receive the otp, and requested resend opt a few times without getting any, I gave up and exit that page and tried recreate the same billing org, It just went thru directly without need for otp.
.
Wheb I tried to write to customer service using the internal mailing system, it crashed.

Or is the problem with my browser? I'm usig google chrome.

Google Chrome? Did you scan your PC regularly?
 

kayelle_

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
i doubt the 3.05% will last 12 months.. lol

Just to share...I went to OCBC this afternoon to open a 360 account but was told that the promo 3% bonus rates will be valid only until July.

Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle doing all the admin work...my loss for being slow!
 

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
6,442
Reaction score
839
Just to share...I went to OCBC this afternoon to open a 360 account but was told that the promo 3% bonus rates will be valid only until July.

Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle doing all the admin work...my loss for being slow!

any idea what will be the revised rates?? :(
 

crandfs

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
6,838
Reaction score
1,645
Wah lau, that will be like only 4 mths of 3% interest.... MAS should go after them if they try these sort of short term tactics.
 

iMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,347
Reaction score
1,081
Just to share...I went to OCBC this afternoon to open a 360 account but was told that the promo 3% bonus rates will be valid only until July.

Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle doing all the admin work...my loss for being slow!

Wahhhhh....which branch you open your account at?

Till July only?....sure got a lot of ppl complaint about this tactic...anyone from MAS here?
 

kayelle_

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I was at the Bedok branch. Ya, I was like "Huh?!!" But the CSO did tell me that the 360 is not new and has been around for some time already...he did add that if all 3 bonus conditions are satisfied, one may potentially still get better rates than other banks for a savings account.
 

SakuraDrops

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
679
Reaction score
0
Wow but i thot this 360 just started, it would be a waste of time as i joined the plan late. Was expexcting at least a year of 3% at least
 

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
11,386
Reaction score
111
I find it difficult to believe that the cso will release this kind of information especially when customer is signing up considering the amount ocbc spent to aggressively market this account.
 

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
6,960
Reaction score
118
Just to share...I went to OCBC this afternoon to open a 360 account but was told that the promo 3% bonus rates will be valid only until July.

Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle doing all the admin work...my loss for being slow!

Hi kayelle

Thanks for sharing this but this information is incorrect and may have been a miscommunication. If you have the details on which branch you went to, do share it with us and we can follow up with the officer accordingly. Thanks

Greg
^ For OCBC Bank
 
Last edited:

ftft58

Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Just to share...I went to OCBC this afternoon to open a 360 account but was told that the promo 3% bonus rates will be valid only until July.

Now I'm wondering if it'll be worth the hassle doing all the admin work...my loss for being slow!

Did the CSO really say tt or u hear wrongly? U might cause the CSO to lose his job!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top