ocbc 360 account

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,280
Reaction score
9,026
Online retail transactions are defined as goods or services you buy via the internet and pay with your FRANK Credit Card. These transactions are excluded from the calculation of cash rebates: purchases made via telephone or mail order; bill payments (online mobile bill payment to Singtel, Starhub and M1 are eligible); recurring payments for mobile, telephone, cable, insurance, utility bills or income tax; donations; payment of funds to prepaid accounts, payments using internet banking; annual card fees; Instalment Payment Plans; Cashwise facility, Cash Advances and Balance Transfers; Goods and Services tax; fees and charges such as interest and late payment charges or any other transactions determined by OCBC from time to time.

http://www.frankbyocbc.com/products_creditcard.html
 

Heng2

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Hi MrCoconut, beri stupid idiot, EEXOOO

This is not an issue, because all the banks have different transaction descriptions for salaries received via Giro.

For DBS, its SAL
For POSB, its PAY
For OCBC, its Giro - Salary


^Greg
For OCBC Bank

Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....
 

fila_22

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Utility tab under vbox currently does not have sp utility. What is the reccomendation to get the 6% ?
 

ark123

Master Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2013
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
0
Utility tab under vbox currently does not have sp utility. What is the reccomendation to get the 6% ?

There seem to be no way to get 6% for SP Services. You can pay by any CC at their CSCs, but that will not be an online txn. Also you have to make a trip costing time and money. The best hassle-free option is recurring payment via POSB Everyday CC earning 1% rebate.
 

josephlpw

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2014
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
now that you mentioned, i also just realized each individual bonus interest is 20 times of my base interest...

1% / 0.05% = 20

i managed to calculate the base interest exactly as they gave, but using the same method can't seem to get the bonus interest calculation.. so could be we are getting lower.. infact, mine was like 32 cents lower..

anyway, i'm contended with what I am getting now
How did you count your base interest?
 

more3cm

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
39
Utility tab under vbox currently does not have sp utility. What is the reccomendation to get the 6% ?

Well perhaps you can use Flashpay to pay partial at 7-11? Need to make a few trips if your bill >$50
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,466
Reaction score
1,027
Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....

You are fighting almost impossible battle here and the other high paying interest cant match ocbc360, even when you only meet the other two requirements (DBS multiplier requirement to get 2% is way higher).

Nevertheless... Good luck!
 

Orange_Tea

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
601
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....

Why got so many codes one? Mine is GIRO-SALARY. Anyone got any idea what does each of the code means and the differences?

Anyway bro, no point closing as OCBC has the highest interest rate. 2% can also give you $100 pocket a month. No point getting angry and lose the $100.
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,720
Reaction score
2,646
Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....

I think OCBC should be flexible as well. My salary is transferred as MEPS.
 

fila_22

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
How about iNets? According to here can pay SP bills thru' iNets kiosk and according to question 79 here can use Flashpay

As read from the website, the nets flashpay is for top up. Not sure if payment via flashpay can be carried out. Anyone tried before?
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
Hi,

I did not manage to the bonus interest for salary crediting. When I call the hotline to check the reason, the reason provided is that my company had credited my salary into the OCBC 360 account using GIRO-IBG. The customer service exec mentioned that the only way I can get the interest is for me to call my HR to change the code to GIRO-FAL or IBG-SALARY. I replied that this is how my company do the salary crediting, how will they change this for 1 out of XXXXX employees???

In addition, I asked if she is able to give me the bonus interest for this month since my salary is already credited but the answer is still a flat no.

Can you please clarify if this is really the case?

Seriously, I am quite disappointed. If the OCBC 360 account really cannot accept the my salary crediting with the GIRO-IBG code, I am just going to close this acct and call it quits....

well, just do the other 2 things for bonus interest... 2.05% is a lot already.. where to find 2.05% interest and your money is still liquid? be contended with what you have...
 

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
8,399
Reaction score
36
How did you count your base interest?

on your statement got say whats the average daily balance for the month.. calculate from that and u can get your base interest..

use the same method for the bonus interest but get different number...off by 10+ cents for each bonus...

ocbc just take base interest x 20 for each bonus.. kenna makan by them about 30+ cents.. haha..

but anyway, as i said, i am contended with what they give... :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top