OCBC Titanium Mastercard

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. $1000 gift cards ($2000 for two OCBC cards) to earn max mileage. Without affecting original limit.

OCBC rocks.... Except my Apple Pay in USA did not work. All my USA transactions were rejected when I used Apple Pay. Ha.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow. $1000 gift cards ($2000 for two OCBC cards) to earn max mileage. Without affecting original limit.

OCBC rocks.... Except my Apple Pay in USA did not work. All my USA transactions were rejected when I used Apple Pay. Ha.
assuming u spend a lot at Ikea, or intend to spend a lot there

talan_z

Reaction score
OCBC, if I have blue and pink cards, can I spend $1000 each on ikea to get 24000 miles?

The TnCs only refer to TR ‚card‘ (and not ‚cards‘). Since blue and pink are two different products with their own annual fee, cap should be $1000 for each of the card. Also looking at the TNC of this promotion, it does not specifically exclude it. On top the 120,000 OCBC$ limit is per card and not per customer. Therefore I do not see any reason why all of a sudden this cap should be not on a per card basis.

OCBC, please confirm

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC, does Bvlgari qualify for the 10X points?

Hi adventdoll,

At this point, we are unable to confirm if Bvlgari is eligible for 10X OCBC$ as this depends on the Bvlgari's Merchant Category Code (MCC), which is dependent on the payment card organisations themselves.

It appears that Bvlgari sells jewellry, watches, and fragrances that are not in the eligible catergories for 10X OCBC$. However, we note that it does sells bags, and accessories as well.

If you have made or intend to make such a transaction, but is not awarded the 10X OCBC thereafter, feel free to PM us and we'll be glad to help you out here. Do keep a copy of your receipt.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
The TnCs only refer to TR ‚card‘ (and not ‚cards‘). Since blue and pink are two different products with their own annual fee, cap should be $1000 for each of the card. Also looking at the TNC of this promotion, it does not specifically exclude it. On top the 120,000 OCBC$ limit is per card and not per customer. Therefore I do not see any reason why all of a sudden this cap should be not on a per card basis.

OCBC, please confirm

OCBC, if I have blue and pink cards, can I spend $1000 each on ikea to get 24000 miles?

Hi both,

Yes, you will be able to earn up to 30,000 OCBC$ each on the Pink and Blue Titanium cards.

https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/tncs-governing-ocbc-titanium-rewards-30x-ocbc-ikea.pdf

^DG

veronica84

Reaction score
IKEA

Hi ocbc

Just to confirm: I have maxed out my titanium reward card 120k points already, can I still go to ikea and spend to earn the promotion 30x?

Please confirm, thanks.

soho87

Reaction score
Hi Ocbc,

If i would use the car for downpayment for cars for example at C&C or borneo Motors, will i get the 4x miles?

How about if i use it to pay for my wedding banquet?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi ocbc

Just to confirm: I have maxed out my titanium reward card 120k points already, can I still go to ikea and spend to earn the promotion 30x?

Please confirm, thanks.

Hi veronica84,

Yes, the 30X OCBC$ promotion at Ikea is on top of the 120,000 OCBC$ cap.

^DG

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Last edited:

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

tth_ben

Reaction score
Hi there,

Purchases made in the eligible categories (such as clothes and electronics, as shown on our website - https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html) at Qoo10, Taobao, and Amazon will be eligible for 10X OCBC$.

Zalora transactions will be entitled to 10X OCBC$.

As for airline tickets, and purchases made on Agoda, Zuji, and other travel website, it will not be eligible.

Should you have further queries on this, please feel free to drop us a PM.

^DG

All potential OCBC customers should beware. Despite what OCBC said above and also what it expressly says on its product page about Amazon purchases, I just received a secured ibanking message from OCBC stating that Amazon purchases are not eligible for 10X OCBC$.

This is what OCBC told me on ibanking:

"These transactions were not awarded the bonus 9 x OCBC$ as
they do not fall within the eligible merchant category code (MCC). Here
are the details of the MCC for these transactions:

Transaction date Merchant MCC

15 January 2018 Amazon EU
5969 - mail / telephone order

16 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores

17 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

22 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

23 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores

30 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

31 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores"

This is absolutely atrocious. Fraudulent misrepresentation. See you soon at FIDREC, OCBC. And to other readers, don't take up the card. Waste of my time now having to ding dong back and forth with OCBC.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
All potential OCBC customers should beware. Despite what OCBC said above and also what it expressly says on its product page about Amazon purchases, I just received a secured ibanking message from OCBC stating that Amazon purchases are not eligible for 10X OCBC$.

This is what OCBC told me on ibanking:

"These transactions were not awarded the bonus 9 x OCBC$ as
they do not fall within the eligible merchant category code (MCC). Here
are the details of the MCC for these transactions:

Transaction date Merchant MCC

15 January 2018 Amazon EU
5969 - mail / telephone order

16 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores

17 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

22 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

23 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores

30 January 2018 Amazon.com
5942 - book stores

31 January 2018 AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTS 5942 - book stores"

This is absolutely atrocious. Fraudulent misrepresentation. See you soon at FIDREC, OCBC. And to other readers, don't take up the card. Waste of my time now having to ding dong back and forth with OCBC.

Hi tth_ben,

We have responded to your PM as well as on other avenue regarding this matter.

Please kindly refer to them, thank you.

^WX

elnewbie

Reaction score
OCBC,

Given that Amazon is a large retailer and for sake of absolute clarity, what is OCBC's official position on Amazon purchases ??

Will we get 10X for purchases on Amazon ?

Hi tth_ben,

We have responded to your PM as well as on other avenue regarding this matter.

Please kindly refer to them, thank you.

^WX

vince123123

Reaction score
Yeah, for the sake of your customers, please clarify. The fact that he posted here means he don't mind you telling us.

OCBC,

Given that Amazon is a large retailer and for sake of absolute clarity, what is OCBC's official position on Amazon purchases ??

Will we get 10X for purchases on Amazon ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.