[Official]: Changi Mobile

11.11.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Messages
12,154
Reaction score
36,391
Great!!!! existing 8GB/$8 plan will upgrade to 12GB/$8 automatically
 

chinnian

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
9
Does the billing cycle starts on sim delivery date or when I click on acknowledgment in app? Can I choose delivery on 28 May, but click acknowledgement on 1 June if I want bill cycle to start on 1 June? Thanks.
 

chinnian

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
9
From their FAQ
When does my first bill cycle start?
Your first bill cycle starts once you have received your SIM and click on “I have received my Changi Mobile SIM” in your Changi Go app.
If you fail to click on “I have received my Changi Mobile SIM” within 14 days of your scheduled SIM delivery, your service will be suspended.
If you fail to click on “I have received my Changi Mobile SIM” within 30 days of your scheduled SIM delivery, your service will be terminated. There is strictly no refund for terminated service.
Thanks for pointing the out. Yes I've saw this, but would like to verify with actual users who have done this. Cos CSO at their road show told me a diff thing: Bill cycle starts on sim delivery day, and not when I click "received" on app.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,889
Reaction score
4,902
Thanks for pointing the out. Yes I've saw this, but would like to verify with actual users who have done this. Cos CSO at their road show told me a diff thing: Bill cycle starts on sim delivery day, and not when I click "received" on app.
I can't confirm. Was told it was SIM delivery day as it was a personal delivery to home by courier, not a mailbox thing.

I know for Vivifi they made clear it was app activation day, but it would be prorated to the 1st of every month. Greatly prefer the 1st of the month as it makes usage tracking simpler.
 

sullycoin

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
359
Reaction score
186
Thanks for pointing the out. Yes I've saw this, but would like to verify with actual users who have done this. Cos CSO at their road show told me a diff thing: Bill cycle starts on sim delivery day, and not when I click "received" on app.
It starts on the day it is activated via the app. Technically, you acknowledge receipt of the SIM card on the app, which is when it is activated. I suppose since most people would acknowledge on the day it is received, so it sort of starts on the day it is received.

(FWIW, it was delivered via courier in my case & unlike other telco/MVNOs, I didn't sign anything, they didn't even check IC or anything. Just handed me the envelop & left).

Is Changi Mobile down?? No 4G

I didn't have any problem with it today. Maybe just an 'airplane mode' issue?
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
prepaid to prepaid, postpaid to postpaid, definitely impossible for postpaid to prepaid.
main telcos can do prepaid to postpaid by converting prepaid (from diff telco) to parent telco prepaid then to postpaid.
That’s the point of the question, can Changi Mobile now do that very conversion? Otherwise they would have to maintain two pools of numbers in their system, or introduce a prepaid plan like TPG, which ends up being practically the same stuff as their post-paid lines.
 

ah keow

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
543
Reaction score
39
hi. anyone port over from M1 to Changi? Im currently using M1 sim only and I am eligible to re contract.

thinking of taking of changi mobile offer.

do i have to end my M1 contract, then, apply Changi contract online?
 

steven168z

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
3,399
Reaction score
171
hi. anyone port over from M1 to Changi? Im currently using M1 sim only and I am eligible to re contract.

thinking of taking of changi mobile offer.

do i have to end my M1 contract, then, apply Changi contract online?

why do u still want the unique airplane
 

eriol125

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
2,090
Reaction score
5
hi. anyone port over from M1 to Changi? Im currently using M1 sim only and I am eligible to re contract.

thinking of taking of changi mobile offer.

do i have to end my M1 contract, then, apply Changi contract online?
To port over to another provider your current line must be active.
 

stunner3946

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
hi. anyone port over from Changi Mobile to TPG? Which telco should I select as there’s no option to select CM. Only M1. Had enough of CM nonsense already.
Thanks in advance
 

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Messages
7,386
Reaction score
702
Now new promo, must port in to enjoy the offer.. cant port in from m1

100gb only $17.50 FOREVER
 

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
1,045
Anyone tried the Changi Prepaid sim? Can the sim be converted to postpaid after 1 month ??
 

porschefast

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2001
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
hi. anyone port over from Changi Mobile to TPG? Which telco should I select as there’s no option to select CM. Only M1. Had enough of CM nonsense already.
Thanks in advance

been reading about M1 issues from forums hers, other than the infamous airplane mode....what other nonsense do you encounter from CM?

heard spam calls are rampant the moment you signed up for CM? is it true?
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
been reading about M1 issues from forums hers, other than the infamous airplane mode....what other nonsense do you encounter from CM?

heard spam calls are rampant the moment you signed up for CM? is it true?
Spam calls are randomly called by scammer.
I don't think changing telco helps to reduce spam call.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
been reading about M1 issues from forums hers, other than the infamous airplane mode....what other nonsense do you encounter from CM?

heard spam calls are rampant the moment you signed up for CM? is it true?
😂

scan calls came to my office one phone after another
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,889
Reaction score
4,902
been reading about M1 issues from forums hers, other than the infamous airplane mode....what other nonsense do you encounter from CM?

heard spam calls are rampant the moment you signed up for CM? is it true?
My personal experience, no increase in spam calls during my time with Changi. If anything, it was lower towards the end even, the last few months with 0 spam calls.

When I ported to another MVNO (because of the poorer M1 reception that affected my work), I had an increase in Spam calls, and until today haven't gone a month without a single call. In fact, just last week I had a "Private Number" call, a loan shark who was quite pushy about me getting a loan. I politely but firmly turned him down even though he kept offering to WhatsApp me and hung up. This one is a leak of the number, by someone selling a database, so it's very dubious. Plus, it's annoying cos it's a work line, so I don't have the liberty of ignoring or rejecting calls unless they're from overseas.

It's not the telco, but the spambots that automate calling numbers. I wouldn't bother.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top