[Official]: Changi Mobile

sullycoin

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
359
Reaction score
186
Any reason why M1 number excluded from port in?

https://changimobile.com/plan/pro?id=152&type=0
If don't port in can choose specific number?
Changi Mobile buys bandwidth from M1. M1 probably put in the condition that CM cannot offer their customers port-in promos to reduce likelihood of CM 'stealing' their customers.

It is because Changi Mobile is using M1 backed network. Just like MyRepublic Mobile, they also have promotions for non-m1 port in customers.

Firstly, they want to get more non-m1 customers into M1 network. Hence, this will increase M1 subscribers base. Hence, I think it's one of the reasons, they don't want people porting from MyRepublic to Changi Mobile to M1 and/to or from Circles.life. It's like 1-1=1. You port out of say M1, M1 loses 1 customer, then you port in to Changi Mobile, M1 gained another customer. Net gain =0.
'Non-M1' means you are not a M1 customer. If my line is under Changi Mobile or MyRepublic, I am not a M1 customer & my line is not a M1 line. If I want to port between the 2, I am entitled to the 'non-M1' promotions.

MyRepublic's FAQ is even explicit in saying this...

6. Who is eligible for the plan/ promotion?

The plans listed under New Numbers/ Non-M1 Port-ins are applicable for new number sign-ups or port-ins from non-M1 numbers only. On the other hand, the plans listed under Other Port-ins are applicable for port-ins from M1 numbers.
MVNOs on the M1 network are under non-M1 numbers.
 

tuntun

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
925
Reaction score
55
now i saw 9.9 offer 100GB with $17.50. how is their data speed consistency compared to CL? Better or same? Anyone using it?
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
yes but how about network prioritization? which one is higher CL or Changi ? Which one can handle in crowded area better...?
I only have experience with CL in the past.
Many times will have full signal but slow network speed
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
yes but how about network prioritization? which one is higher CL or Changi ? Which one can handle in crowded area better...?
I don't know, but I can probably guess neither can. You're comparing a no frills low cost MVNO with another no frills low cost MVNO, I doubt M1 is going to put in any effort to differentiate them. :ROFLMAO:
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,842
Reaction score
1,782
now i saw 9.9 offer 100GB with $17.50. how is their data speed consistency compared to CL? Better or same? Anyone using it?
speed depends on location. at home i get 80MBps. at work 20MBps. doesnt matter as long as can watch youtube in train

heal3tl.jpeg
 

jubjoe

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Ported in last week for the $10 plan. Extremely dissatisfied due to many airplane mode issue using the plan, full signal but can’t use data and have to airplane mode on and off many times to use. Going to port out to VIVIFI next.
 

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2000
Messages
9,617
Reaction score
1,045
Anyone using Changi but the data seems drain faster and finish faster then others eg Singtel.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
The 12GB 200 min 200 SMS $8 plan looks good compared to my current Vivifi Lite which gives only 3GB 500 min 20 SMS at $8.80... can save a bit of money (I have 4 lines) and get more data...

Got a few questions:
1. How's the M1 network? My colleague has no issue and used it for years. I have never used M1 network except when it was still just phone calls and SMS only... always been on Starhub & Singtel...

2. How's roaming support? I am only interested in roaming to Malaysia. It's $5 for 1 GB for Vivifi and that lasts 7 days... whereas I think it's $5 for 1 GB and lasts 30 days for Changi Mobile... how's the signal reception? Mainly used for GPS navigation via Google Maps and online searches and text messaging...

3. I presume no charge for SIM cards for porting-in?

Thanks!
 

sullycoin

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
359
Reaction score
186
The 12GB 200 min 200 SMS $8 plan looks good compared to my current Vivifi Lite which gives only 3GB 500 min 20 SMS at $8.80... can save a bit of money (I have 4 lines) and get more data...
Vivifi Lite is very poor value. Compared to Vivifi's own Plus plan, which is $9 for 9GB, 350 min, 200 SMS. If you are happy with the Vivifi signal & infrastructure, maybe just move to the Plus plan instead?

Got a few questions:
1. How's the M1 network? My colleague has no issue and used it for years. I have never used M1 network except when it was still just phone calls and SMS only... always been on Starhub & Singtel...
Objectively, it's not going to be as good as Starhub or Singtel, but that really depends on where you are. It's hard for anyone to advise you on this. You could port in to try for a month & if it doesn't work out, port out again. All it cost you is $8.

3. I presume no charge for SIM cards for porting-in?

Thanks!
Nope, no charge.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
Vivifi Lite is very poor value. Compared to Vivifi's own Plus plan, which is $9 for 9GB, 350 min, 200 SMS. If you are happy with the Vivifi signal & infrastructure, maybe just move to the Plus plan instead?


Objectively, it's not going to be as good as Starhub or Singtel, but that really depends on where you are. It's hard for anyone to advise you on this. You could port in to try for a month & if it doesn't work out, port out again. All it cost you is $8.


Nope, no charge.
Hmmm... thanks for the perspective... interesting... my objective to pay the least for an acceptable amount of data... and no one in my family exceeds 3 GB at all... that's why it's quite attractive the Changi Mobile offer... let me think about it...
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,103
Reaction score
1,252
Hmmm... thanks for the perspective... interesting... my objective to pay the least for an acceptable amount of data... and no one in my family exceeds 3 GB at all... that's why it's quite attractive the Changi Mobile offer... let me think about it...
If you don’t exceed 3 GB, can consider Zero1 $6.90 plan (there is a NDP promotion to get $1 off for first 3 months and $2 off for 1 bill payment) or Simba $5 seniors plan (if you’re eligible). There’s also Circles.Life $5 plan but I don’t recommend as there is a $38 registration fee.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
If you don’t exceed 3 GB, can consider Zero1 $6.90 plan (there is a NDP promotion to get $1 off for first 3 months and $2 off for 1 bill payment) or Simba $5 seniors plan (if you’re eligible). There’s also Circles.Life $5 plan but I don’t recommend as there is a $38 registration fee.
Thanks! But Zero1 charges $10.70 for the registration + $32.10 for SIM card... not attractive at all... I chose Vivifi cos it didn't have any of these charges... the SIM card fee is the one that will simply wipe out any savings... 4 SIM cards = $120+... heh! I don't qualify for Simba senior's plan... so it seems it's kind of down to Changi Mobile at this point... thank you nonetheless!
 
Last edited:

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Thanks! But Zero1 charges $10.70 for the registration + $32.10 for SIM card... not attractive at all... I chose Vivifi cos it didn't have any of these charges... the SIM card fee is the one that will simply wipe out any savings... 4 SIM cards = $120+... heh! I don't qualify for Simba senior's plan... so it seems it's kind of down to Changi Mobile at this point... thank you nonetheless!
I think all those fees are currently all waived, totally $0 if you choose self collection as well.
 
Last edited:

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,103
Reaction score
1,252
Thanks! But Zero1 charges $10.70 for the registration + $32.10 for SIM card... not attractive at all... I chose Vivifi cos it didn't have any of these charges... the SIM card fee is the one that will simply wipe out any savings... 4 SIM cards = $120+... heh! I don't qualify for Simba senior's plan... so it seems it's kind of down to Changi Mobile at this point... thank you nonetheless!
There is no charge at all for registration or SIM card fee for Zero1. The only charge is $11.77 if you choose home delivery for the SIM card. But if you opt for self collection at any SingPost office, there is no charge.

I think you saw this page on their FAQ but it’s no longer applicable.
https://support.zero1.sg/kb/a79/wha...and-what-are-the-available-payment-modes.aspxIt was for their older plans which are now defunct. Current plans all do not have registration fee or SIM card fee.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top