[Official] Cree Flashlights Interest Group

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
Nitecore HC50 is good choice. I almost wanted to get one too. Wait till I get my helmet first. Haha.

Products sold by your link are over-priced...

kineticworks007, thanks for your comments. Yes, I realised that now, AFTER purchasing the headlamp...
 

kineticworks007

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
0
Kill enemy with 68,000 lumens? LoL

dogstar-portable-led-searchlight.jpeg


Blazing Light Bazookas - The Dogstar Portable LED Searchlight Packs Some Serious Power (GALLERY)
 

kineticworks007

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
0
I believe they are reported on candlepowerforums long ago. These cheap 18650s are prone to reliability issue, exaggerate capacity, fake cells and even explosion.

Sorry for sounding a little clueless about this, but may I know why? Thanks. :)
 

radiancez567

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Many UltraFires 18650 batteries are fakes. Just google "Ultrafire fakes", and you get plenty of readings. If you ever take off those battery wrappers, most won't match each other (low quality cells sourced from everywhere, and re-packaged). Those that advertised 3000mAh, or even 4000mAh, are in actual fact less than 1000mAh in some cases.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379
Get Panasonic cells and you will be fine. Panasonic is one of the cheapest reliable one.
 

hairil

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
0
I believe they are reported on candlepowerforums long ago. These cheap 18650s are prone to reliability issue, exaggerate capacity, fake cells and even explosion.

Many UltraFires 18650 batteries are fakes. Just google "Ultrafire fakes", and you get plenty of readings. If you ever take off those battery wrappers, most won't match each other (low quality cells sourced from everywhere, and re-packaged). Those that advertised 3000mAh, or even 4000mAh, are in actual fact less than 1000mAh in some cases.

Get Panasonic cells and you will be fine. Panasonic is one of the cheapest reliable one.

I see. Thanks for the head-up!

I'm using EagleTac 18650s for my Fenix PD35, so I guess they'll be alright. :)
 

kineticworks007

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
0
EagleTac 3400mAh(grn/white) 18650 is actually Panasonic cell under the wrapper with their own protection circuit. Yes, you are safe using EagleTac.

I see. Thanks for the head-up!

I'm using EagleTac 18650s for my Fenix PD35, so I guess they'll be alright. :)
 

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
8,220
Reaction score
65
kineticworks007, why do 18650 batteries comes with flat top and button top?
 
Last edited:

kineticworks007

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
0
18650s are used in number of applications. They are commonly found inside notebook battery pack.

OnJWtsS.jpg

credit: csshih CPF

I believe flat-top will help to reduce the spacing in between the batteries, since their anodes and cathodes are usually soldered together.

Another reason is because these OEM flat-tops are also repackage into other brand names. With their own protection circuits included in it.

Correct me if I am wrong :)

OEM batteries are usually flat-top and unprotected, because there will be separate controller to manage charging and discharging issues.

0Do85jM.jpg



Note: Some flashlight accept both button and flat top, but others do not. This is usually due to the contact point design or physical length of the 18650.

kineticworks007, why do 18650 batteries comes with flat top and button top?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top