*Official* Forex Trading thread.

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
You are algo trader?!?!

Zai.....

No lah I not so zai. I learn from algo mistake so I am fully manual.

If you are a swing trader martingale is a good method if you can use it to your advantage. Algo will probably burst your account using martingale because they cannot see the chart.
 

Daimon

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
10,301
Reaction score
0
No lah I not so zai. I learn from algo mistake so I am fully manual.

If you are a swing trader martingale is a good method if you can use it to your advantage. Algo will probably burst your account using martingale because they cannot see the chart.

Interesting. My strategy tries to avoid risks of ruin.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,859
Reaction score
2,882
USD/SGD

Hahaha I think either MAS or SNB show hand at 10:03am. Check out the M1 chart of USD/SGD and CHF/SGD. :s13:
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,859
Reaction score
2,882
UOB Gold Price

Rate as at Friday, 23 December 2016

Description Currency Unit Bank Sells Bank Buys
ARGOR CAST BAR SGD 100 GM 5,328.00 (-13.00) 5,248.00 (-12.00)
CAST BARS SGD 1 KILOBAR 52,775.00 (-128.00) 52,498.00 (-127.00)

Good SELL price today. Going to UOB now to show hand. 100 GM lah hahaha. :s13:
 

Daimon

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
10,301
Reaction score
0
Hahaha I think either MAS or SNB show hand at 10:03am. Check out the M1 chart of USD/SGD and CHF/SGD. :s13:

My hypothesis: MAS wants to stop capital from flowing out of Singapore. So they have to strengthen SGD abit to buffer. But works temporarily.....:)
 

alexchia01

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
1,941
Reaction score
3
No lah I not so zai. I learn from algo mistake so I am fully manual.

If you are a swing trader martingale is a good method if you can use it to your advantage. Algo will probably burst your account using martingale because they cannot see the chart.

Martingale is never good for any trading strategy.

This is a gambler's tactic that usually get people into deed debt.

Why is martingale so dangerous?

Because martingale give you a false assumption that you in an advantage, but in actual fact you are not.

Flipping a coin 99 times and all turn up "tail". Flipping the coin the 100th time, the chances of the coin turning up "head" is still 50%, not 99%. Only a gambler will think the chance is 99% and bet big.

This is how gamblers get into more debt because during a losing streak, they always think the next bet is their lucky break and they double down; and this usually fail them.

As traders, we knows that the market can stay insane longer than one can stay sane, so we are not going to take the chance of doubling down.

In fact, traders do the opposite, we do anti-martingale. We add-on when marketing is good to us and we are in a winning streak; not the other way round.
 
Last edited:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
Martingale is never good for any trading strategy.

This is a gambler's tactic that usually get people into deed debt.

Why is martingale so dangerous?

Because martingale give you a false assumption that you in an advantage, but in actual fact you are not.

Flipping a coin 99 times and all turn up "tail". Flipping the coin the 100th time, the chances of the coin turning up "head" is still 50%, not 99%. Only a gambler will think the chance is 99% and bet big.

This is how gamblers get into more debt because during a losing streak, they always think the next bet is their lucky break and they double down; and this usually fail them.

As traders, we knows that the market can stay insane longer than one can stay sane, so we are not going to take the chance of doubling down.

In fact, traders do the opposite, we do anti-martingale. We add-on when marketing is good to us and we are in a winning streak; not the other way round.

Fail? HELLO machiam knn you are the only PRO around. Gambler, flip prata please lor I can take 30 pips with an eye close and I show how it is done a few post ago. Please show a bit professionalism leh. I like to learn from you but you are all talk only. And I still dun know wad you talking. Sorry you seen very pro trading but let me show you wad normal traders talk like you but never show.

ry%3D400


Nobody ask you martingale from 0.88 of course bankrupt. The robot got no eyes but you do. Even another 600 pips down and 2 more trades I still won't hit margin call. And the main account would have top up here by then when the trend is good plus the everyday trades. Now if you can show us when the trend is up it would be a 1000 times better then this wall of text. Of I will still be here 3 years later to show. Not many traders can.
 
Last edited:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
I can also double lot sell as well as many other tricks up my sleeve. So please Alex dun gong jiao way if you dun know how to unlock a bad trade.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,859
Reaction score
2,882
:s12::s12:v power sia...

Ok today went down UOB Raffles Place B1 to show hand 100 GM at S$5328. Long queue today. Waited for 1 hour then reach my turn! Must be damn good price today. Saw one Indian BB (big boss) with wife buy 1 Cast Bar KILOBAR! :eek: The size is like iPhone hahaha! :s13:

My hypothesis: MAS wants to stop capital from flowing out of Singapore. So they have to strengthen SGD abit to buffer. But works temporarily.....:)

Singapore inflation data was out at 1:00pm. However the "show hand" was at 10:30am. Quite obvious who is the invisble hand. I think cannot be Swiss National Bank's doing as USD/CHF cross no big movement. Only USD/SGD and CHF/SGD have big plunge. :s13:

By the way inflation is flat at 0.0%. The turning point come liao! This is a SIGNAL!
 
Last edited:

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
I thot this thread is for people to share concept ****i Alex come in straight away say limbei account burst simi flip prata sime gambler. Guess I won't be sharing anything soon. Best MIA a long long time yet again.
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,859
Reaction score
2,882
Not siding any one here but please leave the bullsh*t ego and academic talk out of this thread. This thread has been peaceful since day one. Want to flame each other please go to the other threads.

This thread only welcome people sharing open and close positions to scoop cai png and KFC. :s13:
 

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
Not siding any one here but please leave the bullsh*t ego and academic talk out of this thread. This thread has been peaceful since day one. Want to flame each other please go to the other threads.

This thread only welcome people sharing open and close positions to scoop cai png and KFC. :s13:

I want to learn need more GPGT :D
 

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
Ok today went down UOB Raffles Place B1 to show hand 100 GM at S$5328. Long queue today. Waited for 1 hour then reach my turn! Must be damn good price today. Saw one Indian BB (big boss) with wife buy 1 Cast Bar KILOBAR! :eek: The size is like iPhone hahaha! :s13:
!

you are lucky last time I think, last month I went to get a 20g for my bro in law new born , I need to wait for one hour plus too, and there I can said that more indian then other , the 1KG bar size is like Iphone same as 1kg silver bar :s13:
 

Mr.Canberra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
10,859
Reaction score
2,882
UOB Gold Price

you are lucky last time I think, last month I went to get a 20g for my bro in law new born, I need to wait for one hour plus too, and there I can said that more indian then other, the 1KG bar size is like Iphone same as 1kg silver bar :s13:

So desu ne! :s13:

Yes I saw more Indian customers also. But mostly not locals. Either PR or FT. :D

Yes from far the 1 Kilobar looks like an iPhone. :s13:
 

awful999

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
5,899
Reaction score
0
So desu ne! :s13:

Yes I saw more Indian customers also. But mostly not locals. Either PR or FT. :D

Yes from far the 1 Kilobar looks like an iPhone. :s13:

:D that why i told you to get a 1kg silver bar to feel first, now I think less then 1k S$
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top