*Official* General Market Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
I forgot that online sentiments only account for 30%, like during the elections :)

Ya....the other 70% will only complain but never take action huan.

So, nowadays when my friends or colleagues complain non-stop, I just ask them who they voted for. Then they diam diam liao...:s13:
 

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
17,901
Reaction score
314
if fed is announce to be increase, does it mean bank will drop further? should buy now or waitm and see?
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
not true? :s39:

When interest rates rise, some debtors might not be able to repay the loans. These loans will become 'non-performing'. The banks might have to write-off these loans. Small O&G companies which are struggling are in this category.

A few years ago, they borrowed money cheaply for expansion thinking that oil will remain $80-$100 in the future. Unfortunately, oil price drop so drastically and so quickly that they cannot repay the loans. Worse still, interest is rising, so making it even more difficult to repay the loans. In the end, default lor....
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
if fed is announce to be increase, does it mean bank will drop further? should buy now or waitm and see?

The rise will be very very gradual and measured. The Fed dun want to kill the recovery.

I am sure the 3 local banks can withstand a gradual slow hike. But prices will weaken...
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
I wish...

Looking for new job at the moment...

I see. If dun have a family to support, u can try to take this time to recharge and reflect while searching.

I am also looking for a job which I am passionate about. Surviving on my dividends for now. :s13:
 

Shion

Senior Mentor
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
376,432
Reaction score
122,500
I see. If dun have a family to support, u can try to take this time to recharge and reflect while searching.

I am also looking for a job which I am passionate about. Surviving on my dividends for now. :s13:

I see. Yeah, I have no family, no dependents. But year end ~ CNY period abit hard to find. Also scared economy going downwards at a faster rate.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
I see. Yeah, I have no family, no dependents. But year end ~ CNY period abit hard to find. Also scared economy going downwards at a faster rate.

more like cny easy to find because some are waiting for 13 months first
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
I see. Yeah, I have no family, no dependents. But year end ~ CNY period abit hard to find. Also scared economy going downwards at a faster rate.

Ya lor, the job market is poor. None of the jobs that I fancy are hiring in this period too.

The irritating thing is, during CNY the kaypoh relatives will start asking questions about my job. Sianz...:(

Anyway, good luck in ur job search! :)
 

Applebonkers

Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
495
Reaction score
39
Another 1k M1@2.85. I'm out of Singapore for a holiday break. Hopefully OPEC Dec4th has some nice outcomes. Cheers all:s12:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top