[Official] Moderating Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Stepping in here, I really propose the admins take a look at the current batch of mods.

rrQcFdG.png


Two issues here:

1. Seriously, if your mod wants to infract someone, at least have the decency to type like a grown-up and tell the user what's wrong. WTF is "report say u rude"? My god-daughter who isn't even 7 forms better sentences.

2. Since when did we all have all our hearts made of glass? That comment was obviously made in jest. I don't think I cross any lines. EDMW has always been a place where crude humor is tolerated. If you want to be high and holy, don't EDMW.

I request for a reversal of this infraction and also to look at the professionalism of the moderating team in EDMW.

Thank you.
 

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
116,990
Reaction score
15,670
Stepping in here, I really propose the admins take a look at the current batch of mods.


rrQcFdG.png


Two issues here:

1. Seriously, if your mod wants to infract someone, at least have the decency to type like a grown-up and tell the user what's wrong. WTF is "report say u rude"? My god-daughter who isn't even 7 forms better sentences.

2. Since when did we all have all our hearts made of glass? That comment was obviously made in jest. I don't think I cross any lines. EDMW has always been a place where crude humor is tolerated. If you want to be high and holy, don't EDMW.

I request for a reversal of this infraction and also to look at the professionalism of the moderating team in EDMW.

Thank you.
Lmao

What a slipshoddy reason
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
In addition, your moderators are also made up of hypocrites who love nothing more than seeing the world burn as well.

I have previously requested for several threads to be locked because a police report has been filed and these threads are relevant to the investigation. I pm-ed not 1, but 3 staff members who did nothing (they shall remain unnamed for now).

Dearest Vijay, EDMW has seen good moderators. But it has also seen sh1tty ones and sadly, this current batch houses a couple of bad eggs who abuses their power.

I implore you to relook at your EDMW team, because it is very discerning when you have multiple posters coming out. I didn't even want to because I always believe in the market regulating itself, but I guess I have to be part of the forces now.

There is very poor accountability. Yes, the mods are all volunteers. But if you have volunteered to be a mod, at least have the decency to see it through. There is no value in volunteering for something, putting in half-assed efforts then claiming credit while hiding behind a "I'm not paid" front.

For instance, look at your feedback forum. So many threads see no conclusion. Mine for instance here, and one more thread made against me, just to be fair. If the matter have been resolved, surely the thread(s) should be closed? Isn't it simple administration work? Or are you, Dr Vijay, aided by a group of kids if I were to cross a line and call them that? When I was still in secondary 1, I was a moderator of a Yu-Gi-Oh forum. When a complaint is raised and resolved, the thread is closed. Basic logic 101.

Much craves to be desired.

Yes, as a peasant user, we are not entitled to anything. But surely you, our esteemed Dr.Vijay, deserves a team of mods that befits your stature?
 
Last edited:

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
In addition, your moderators are also made up of hypocrites who love nothing more than seeing the world burn as well.

I have previously requested for several threads to be locked because a police report has been filed and these threads are relevant to the investigation. I pm-ed not 1, but 3 staff members who did nothing (they shall remain unnamed for now).

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...hidden-dragon-retired-dpp-oyabun-6146225.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...happened-clarence-aka-wondergirl-6348273.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...till-got-edmw-er-gangster-police-6348361.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...wer-laoyeh-dishonorable-cheat-6126338-95.html

Hi MrPippen,

you removed this 4 threads from your original post.
would you still like them locked?

Perhaps in future, you should report them so that all mods can see your requests instead of just those 3 that you pm.

thank you.
 

saycheese

Banned
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
83,407
Reaction score
7,970
Hi MrPippen,

you removed this 4 threads from your original post.
would you still like them locked?

Perhaps in future, you should report them so that all mods can see your requests instead of just those 3 that you pm.

thank you.

Hi based on your reply I somehow get the sense that despite having so many mods in edmw, only a few are working?
If there are inactive mods, shouldn't they be stripped of their position?
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,376
Reaction score
15,949
Stepping in here, I really propose the admins take a look at the current batch of mods.

rrQcFdG.png


Two issues here:

1. Seriously, if your mod wants to infract someone, at least have the decency to type like a grown-up and tell the user what's wrong. WTF is "report say u rude"? My god-daughter who isn't even 7 forms better sentences.

2. Since when did we all have all our hearts made of glass? That comment was obviously made in jest. I don't think I cross any lines. EDMW has always been a place where crude humor is tolerated. If you want to be high and holy, don't EDMW.

I request for a reversal of this infraction and also to look at the professionalism of the moderating team in EDMW.

Thank you.

sorry, but I actually chuckled at "report say u rude". :s13:
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Hi MrPippen,

you removed this 4 threads from your original post.
would you still like them locked?

Perhaps in future, you should report them so that all mods can see your requests instead of just those 3 that you pm.

thank you.

No need.

If you guys don't want to lock it then, no need to lock it now. The SPF will deal with it then.

I also reported the threads multiple times so no, your reply does not stand.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,827
Reaction score
12,257
No need.

If you guys don't want to lock it then, no need to lock it now. The SPF will deal with it then.

I also reported the threads multiple times so no, your reply does not stand.

Friend not trying to pick on you.

On 1 hand you like to play fun but on the other hand you are trying to take too seriously till reporting to police?

What's up with the inconsistency?

Never saw the picture, putting that aside, I really don't see how the posts quoted are points worthy. The humor was crude, but it's EDMW...
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Friend not trying to pick on you.

On 1 hand you like to play fun but on the other hand you are trying to take too seriously till reporting to police?

What's up with the inconsistency?

Crude humor is one thing.

On the other hand, we have potentially:
-criminal intimidation
-impersonation
-possible running of online scams

and we have confirmed:
-gangsterism
-illegal gambling

So what's wrong?
 

sharksfinsoup

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
2
Friend not trying to pick on you.

On 1 hand you like to play fun but on the other hand you are trying to take too seriously till reporting to police?

What's up with the inconsistency?

LOL donkey reasoning. Whole day wanna act mod but no real powers, jitao loser max. like pri school kid not prefect wanna act prefect go around tell ppl to behave. LOL!

This thread is for feedback, how MrPippen want to feedback is his right, not your daiji you gong smlj
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Another feedback:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...mw-help-lao-funker-6359500.html#post129200479

LOL donkey reasoning. Whole day wanna act mod but no real powers, jitao loser max. like pri school kid not prefect wanna act prefect go around tell ppl to behave. LOL!

This thread is for feedback, how MrPippen want to feedback is his right, not your daiji you gong smlj

His logic is there is only black and white, no varying degree of seriousness.

Check with him on what's his take on if we can lecture another user. If he says no, then as long as anything he says that can be construed as scolding/lecturing, just ban him. If he says yes, then just proceed to kan his whole ancestry. His logic. :D
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Dear Dr.Vijay, I would also like to have your opinion on this thread too.

You would also notice 2 feedback threads went un-answered. Is this the state of your team?

Thank you.
 

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
80,428
Reaction score
6,600
why bother? :s13:

so many years in hwz dunno the standard of moderation? :s13:

want simi feedback? dont waste their time ok. answer your question dont earn them revenue. lock thread ask u diam can make them more efficient. :s13:
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,006
Reaction score
1,727
LOL donkey reasoning. Whole day wanna act mod but no real powers, jitao loser max. like pri school kid not prefect wanna act prefect go around tell ppl to behave. LOL!

This thread is for feedback, how MrPippen want to feedback is his right, not your daiji you gong smlj

Quite agree.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,006
Reaction score
1,727
There are moderating issues for sure and I do wish that moderators take some time to educate themselves on how to be a good moderator, or go through some sort of online course and refresher courses before becoming one.

A good example would be something like this: How to be a Good Forum Moderator

To mention a few good points.

  1. Be objective, don't make it personal, and switch out moderators
  2. Be consistent and provide clear reasons for actions taken
  3. Be open and transparent about what actions were taken
  4. Have clear and concise community guidelines
 

gutpunch

Banned
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
0
not a single one of the moderators is deserving of respect, all only know how to abuse power
 

Singrish

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
307
There are moderating issues for sure and I do wish that moderators take some time to educate themselves on how to be a good moderator, or go through some sort of online course and refresher courses before becoming one.

A good example would be something like this: How to be a Good Forum Moderator

To mention a few good points.

  1. Be objective, don't make it personal, and switch out moderators
  2. Be consistent and provide clear reasons for actions taken
  3. Be open and transparent about what actions were taken
  4. Have clear and concise community guidelines

The problem as many have pointed out is the lack of consistency. Different mods with different interpretation of what is allowed & what is not.

This was less prevalent in now defunct forums like Superpet or even HWZ several years back where mods were mostly older & more mature people. When mods are mostly youngsters, some with an inflated ego & the need to show their “power” cos they have none in the real world, then you have this problem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top