[Official] Playstation 5

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Btw, out of curiosity, because I keep on hearing this soft but high pitch sound of the fan spinning during the quiet scene, I got curious if my unit has that moving sticker than end up near the fan causing the high pitch sound.

Just remove the disc side plate where you can then see the internal NVMe expansion storage that you can use in the future.
And then remove the grill that will potentially block your screw removal process. It's as easy as removing the face plate.

Then, change to a very different screw hole that is not your typical fan mounting screws.
But do be careful and keep track of which screw belongs to which hole. All the 4 fan screws have different sizes and lengths! Similarly, the way you put your grill back.

Luckily, I have a habit of arranging my screws neatly when tearing down my PC or other devices. It's as easy as remove the 4 screws and the fan grill and the fan can easily come out.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any protruding stickers. :(
So I guess it was just coil whine during gaming session. First time I hear such things. My PC is usually quiet even when gaming. And the PS4 Pro gets super loud that I doubt I can hear any coil whine through the jet noise. :s13:

Nevertheless, good to know it wasn't some loose sticker hitting the fan. But sadly, it was the sound of the fan + coil whine. So the PS5 isn't really that silent. Nevertheless, it is only on occasion that my games have quiet scenes. So I guess it should be fine. Fun experience tearing down too. Quite simple and there's no voiding of warranty. So I can easily vacuum the dust holes and the fan in the future if I so choose.
Just remember to position the fan grill the way you took it out too. There are holes and a square bump to tell you where it aligns with. With the square helping to push the fan cable down.
And then, just put the 4 screws back in the right order and done. Just need to pop the side grill back and lastly, the face plate. Quite easy and flawless. Can't wait to install an NVMe storage expansion in the future.
 

eslayer09

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
For preorder, iszit normal to pay full, or jus to pay deposit first? Can it be cancelled? Seems like some ppl are not getting their sets even though they preorder in 1st wave sept.... :(

think most are from HN which take in more orders than they are able to fulfill (their PO during 1st wave was up for quite some time even though others are closed)

you hv to pay in full but u can cancel and they will refund u
 

eslayer09

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
I also wish to cancel my HN one since they can't give a firm ETA, but so far I can't secure any sets elsewhere so I guess just stay put for now.

Somemore I ordered digital one, seems like all the restocks in the other retailers all disk versions only?? Jialat

according to the gameshop that I ordered from, they only received less than 5 unit of digital while the rest are disk so I hv higher chance to get if I order disk version so they put it as 2nd option for me during PO

But anyway in the end I did get the digital version. Saw their list when the staff verify my contact and can see bout 5 digital while bout 30 plus are disk
 

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
I enquired about the ETA and they replied, "With regard to your online order on the latest Sony PS5 order, As we have checked with the relevant department on the ETA on the stock to arrive from Sony. Currently, there is no ETA when will the stock be arriving for your order. Your order is being processed and we will update once the stock is here for shipment."
Fyi, I ordered on 18 Sept @ 8pm. I cancelled my order already.
I also gotten the same reply.
I PO on Sep 19 12:05am
:s22:
After i successfully PO from Sony last friday, i cancelled the HN one

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL
 
Last edited:

HiHelloBye

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
446
Btw, out of curiosity, because I keep on hearing this soft but high pitch sound of the fan spinning during the quiet scene, I got curious if my unit has that moving sticker than end up near the fan causing the high pitch sound.

Just remove the disc side plate where you can then see the internal NVMe expansion storage that you can use in the future.
And then remove the grill that will potentially block your screw removal process. It's as easy as removing the face plate.

Then, change to a very different screw hole that is not your typical fan mounting screws.
But do be careful and keep track of which screw belongs to which hole. All the 4 fan screws have different sizes and lengths! Similarly, the way you put your grill back.

Luckily, I have a habit of arranging my screws neatly when tearing down my PC or other devices. It's as easy as remove the 4 screws and the fan grill and the fan can easily come out.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any protruding stickers. :(
So I guess it was just coil whine during gaming session. First time I hear such things. My PC is usually quiet even when gaming. And the PS4 Pro gets super loud that I doubt I can hear any coil whine through the jet noise. :s13:

Nevertheless, good to know it wasn't some loose sticker hitting the fan. But sadly, it was the sound of the fan + coil whine. So the PS5 isn't really that silent. Nevertheless, it is only on occasion that my games have quiet scenes. So I guess it should be fine. Fun experience tearing down too. Quite simple and there's no voiding of warranty. So I can easily vacuum the dust holes and the fan in the future if I so choose.
Just remember to position the fan grill the way you took it out too. There are holes and a square bump to tell you where it aligns with. With the square helping to push the fan cable down.
And then, just put the 4 screws back in the right order and done. Just need to pop the side grill back and lastly, the face plate. Quite easy and flawless. Can't wait to install an NVMe storage expansion in the future.

can you make a video on this? sounds interesting to explore the ps5
 

MORTYRICK

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
I think yours is different batch already. Best denki mentioned to me their next batch will arrive on 2nd to 3rd week of Dec. I even got them to write down on the receipt before I agree to pay. If they don't deliver, I am entitled to full refund.

Sent from Samsung SM-F916B using GAGT

Oh no. I doubt the sales lady entertained was a bit clueless then just hantam a very long ETA. Ok again think positively the later batch will have less issue. Haha

For preorder, iszit normal to pay full, or jus to pay deposit first? Can it be cancelled? Seems like some ppl are not getting their sets even though they preorder in 1st wave sept.... :(

It used to be 10-20% of the total item price, but since ps5 selling more than hot cake, ppl willing to pay full. I did pay full at Besk Denki shop.


Guys, should pre order at Sony shop? How’s the queue? Very long list? Thinking Sony at Nex since it’s nearest to me.
 

chower

Junior Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I managed to get a po from gain city yesterday. And on the same night they called to confirm date of collection is 31st dec and even arranged timeslot for collection already. Hope they wont cancel last min :eek:
 

sibehyandao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
3,614
Reaction score
0
Anyone else got a call from Gain city saying the delivery date for yesterday preorder is 31 Dec? Wondering this was just a date they give so they will not be liable or it’s really the delivery date. :s22:
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
there wouldnt be a queue because there isnt an announced physical preorder from Sony store.

Although no official announcement, but I did pre-order on 18Sept (Fri) 11am at Sony store, Westgate. Took me less than 10mins to pay full, and thus secured my unit on launch day. There were like only 5 of us buying it.

:s22:

So much difference compared to now, when everyone is scrambling looking for units.
 

veriverisian

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
28
Although no official announcement, but I did pre-order on 18Sept (Fri) 11am at Sony store, Westgate. Took me less than 10mins to pay full, and thus secured my unit on launch day. There were like only 5 of us buying it.

:s22:

So much difference compared to now, when everyone is scrambling looking for units.

Wa that's a surprise. How come first pre order so little people haha.
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Wa that's a surprise. How come first pre order so little people haha.

I guess back then, no one felt it was necessary to go down physically to the stores. I recall the online sites were "crashing" due to high inflow.

Lesson learnt: Never take things for granted.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top