[Official] Playstation 5

Silencer

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
40
Although no official announcement, but I did pre-order on 18Sept (Fri) 11am at Sony store, Westgate. Took me less than 10mins to pay full, and thus secured my unit on launch day. There were like only 5 of us buying it.

:s22:

So much difference compared to now, when everyone is scrambling looking for units.

Of cos you can PO on Sep 18 11am because the official PO start at this time for SG what and Sony also allowed physical PO at the stores.
I was in Somerset 313 Sony store at around 11am and got a small queue. When its my turn to PO, the Sony guy said sorry no stock liao. The PO last less than 10min for both online & physical walk-in

Then I leave my name so that Sony will inform me for future stock but so far no heard from them until last Friday hengz hengz lurking in this thread and saw Sony PO link
 
Last edited:

veriverisian

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
28
I guess back then, no one felt it was necessary to go down physically to the stores. I recall the online sites were "crashing" due to high inflow.

Lesson learnt: Never take things for granted.


Hopefully can walk in and buy ps5 in 2021.. I want to be able to have it to play cyberpunk & resident evil

Now still can 勉強 play spiderman mm on ps4 :s22:
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
heard that the fan is very loud. is that true ?

No leh, so far mine is very slient *touchwood. Some reported fan noise issue due to loose sticker etc. But didn't experience on mine, maybe also becoz i am seating some distance from my console on living room thus can't really hear.
 

eslayer09

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
I guess back then, no one felt it was necessary to go down physically to the stores. I recall the online sites were "crashing" due to high inflow.

Lesson learnt: Never take things for granted.

ya I think so too, I’m one of them lol but more becoz I was working tat time and tot jus order online but can’t get into any of the PO link

lucky check and PO with my local gameshop when they opening for 2nd batch (went down and pay the deposit) and subsequently got bump up to launch unit when SONY allocated 2nd wave stocks
 

eslayer09

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
No leh, so far mine is very slient *touchwood. Some reported fan noise issue due to loose sticker etc. But didn't experience on mine, maybe also becoz i am seating some distance from my console on living room thus can't really hear.

ya so far mine oso quiet (*touchwood)
 

MORTYRICK

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
there wouldnt be a queue because there isnt an announced physical preorder from Sony store.

Oh I meant queue as in you place deposit and wait for them to call you like HN or Besk Denki.

Not sure Sony retail store still have this 3rd batch PO which is for end of Dec 2020. I suppose the 2nd batch has been fulfilled.

Thanks!
 

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
6,480
Reaction score
0
Trade in deal but most likely gone also

https://www.facebook.com/163415927055701/posts/3873344949396095/

Sent from X3 using GAGT
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
out of curiosity unlike the new phones purchases which had seen weaker demands and purchasing Sony PS5 is selling like hot cakes with pre order till feb 2021. I thought with the COVID-19 pandemic like job cuts no bonus etc people will be spending less.. power
 

expressioned

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
For the guys that went and purchased a HDMI 2.1 cable, where did you go to get one? Unfortunately the one that comes with the PS5 will be too short for my setup so I need to get a longer one.
 

XxGaiaxX

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
669
Reaction score
20
For the guys that went and purchased a HDMI 2.1 cable, where did you go to get one? Unfortunately the one that comes with the PS5 will be too short for my setup so I need to get a longer one.

If you dont mind waiting, can get from shopee ugreen shop else can get from sim lim?
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
I m waiting for nice limited edition ps5 lo. The default one is meh

Posted from PCWX using Rem mm is best waifu
 

hyperfuse

Master Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
4,380
Reaction score
1,848
out of curiosity unlike the new phones purchases which had seen weaker demands and purchasing Sony PS5 is selling like hot cakes with pre order till feb 2021. I thought with the COVID-19 pandemic like job cuts no bonus etc people will be spending less.. power

because not everyone is affected by the pandemic. some industries see a boom while others see a decline. But then even so, a $700 console is still affordable. Most people earn more than 6 times of what a ps5 cost. Not say it cost so much like a car or house. :s13:
 

Darkorochix

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
5,152
Reaction score
397
because not everyone is affected by the pandemic. some industries see a boom while others see a decline. But then even so, a $700 console is still affordable. Most people earn more than 6 times of what a ps5 cost. Not say it cost so much like a car or house. :s13:

Income was the same..
But staying at home cooking and not travelling the whole year actually save tons of extra cash. :s13:
 

expressioned

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
If you dont mind waiting, can get from shopee ugreen shop else can get from sim lim?

Sure I’ll check it out, thanks.

How long is the hdmi comes with the console?
Is 2 meter sufficient?
I'm bring in hdmi 2.1 certify soon.

I need to measure it again but I think I might need 3M. The cable that comes with the console is reported to be 1.5m based on what I found on Google. I’m just preparing in advance for when I can actually get a ps5.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top