is this the right forum to ask about using the dualsense to play games on PC like AC Valhalla.
i purchased the game on ubisoft as i have a discount but i realised playing on keyboard and mouse for AC games is very weird.
i have a bluetooth dongle that i can connect the dualsense to my pc but the game doesnt allow me to use the controller to play. any ideas on this?
How interesting. That's exactly what I am doing.
Basically you have 2 pathways.
1) Either use Steam Beta which now has full DualSense support including lighting control and rumble support.
And then all you have to do is add a 3rd party game like AC Valhalla from the Ubisoft Connect store into your Steam library. You can do this by
Click on the Games Tab on top --> Click on Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
All done. I launch AC Valhalla from Steam Big Picture Mode and got full wireless controller support. I don't need a Bluetooth dongle since my PC has wireless Bluetooth already.
In case you didn't know, the way to turn off your PS4 and PS5 controller is to press on the PS button for 10 seconds and it will force disconnect.
2) You can use DS4Windows which is now updated to support the PS5 DualSense controller. Except, on Bluetooth, you still won't get lighting and rumble support. But those 2 features currently work on wired. So that's cool. And I can wait for full support in the future. Not an issue. No installs for DS4Windows. Just put on any folder, then create a Shortcut of DS4Windows and put it on the Startup folder on the Windows Start Menu so it will auto-start on boot.
I've been using the very old version since I use my Scuf PS4 controller for single player games as well as DS4Windows can auto switch profiles based on what app you have. So I can easily put my controller to be on normal game controller mode and the moment I open Media Player Classic, I will get media controllers remapped to my controller. Quite convenient. Since I like to use my PS4 controller for media controls on the PS4 Pro as well.
So I mapped it like X for Play/Pause, O for Mute, Square for F11 so Fullscreen/No Fullscreen, Triange for Stop, L1 R1 for skipping to prev or next video on the MPC playlist, D-Pad for fast forwarding, L2 R2 for volume.
The way to disconnect using DS4Windows is instant. Just press on the PS button + Options button at the same time. Instant disconnect. I love the DualSense controller as with Bluetooth 5.0, it connects almost instantly with my PC vs the PS4 controller.
UPDATE: DS4Windows finally received the update to support full rumble + LED lightbar support via Bluetooth.

Just done install and it works wonderfully even just importing my old MPC media profile that I created from the old DS4Windows.