[Official] Playstation 5

MORTYRICK

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
1
Good news for anyone waiting for the Sony tv x900 firmware to be release to support VRR

va53dvlpdg161.jpg


Pic from redditor whiling browsing there, took it to share it here.
 

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
14,226
Reaction score
287
anyone using Creative SXFI AIR with the PS5? good?
I got pulse 3d and pairing qc35 ii with genki bluetooth adapter (other adapter "should" work out of the box)

I also use it with ps4 and switch

Genki
https://www.genkithings.com/products/genki-audio

Sent from Sony XQ-AT52 using GAGT
 

Radecx

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
303
Reaction score
14
Good news for anyone waiting for the Sony tv x900 firmware to be release to support VRR

va53dvlpdg161.jpg


Pic from redditor whiling browsing there, took it to share it here.

Still have to wait till next year for PS5 to support VRR as well
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Wow, this thread really exploded with activity :D

I've been enjoying playing on PS5 almost every evening since launch, it's really the best console launch experience that I can remember in 20 years. So many new PS5 and PS4 BC games to play...

Just a quick heads up, Amazon SG is selling Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 5TB for only SGD128 with free Prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.sg/gp/product/B07MY4JL3Q

I bought it last mth around the same price, and so far I've got 120 PS4 games (around 3TB) stored in it (downloaded from the PSN store), and playing without any issues.
In fact I've not had a single crash or bug on my PS5 at all, with or without the portable drive.
Only precaution I took was not using rest mode, which I don't like to use anyway even on previous gen. I prefer to shutdown my consoles cleanly.

OK, now back to playing Demon's Souls on my Benq HT3550 & 120" projection screen :eek:

No... Not worth it.
I got mine at $145.xx. At least will get local warranty. Plus, since its from the local Amazon warehouse and not international shipping, you will get it around 1-2 days.

Currently, the light blue one is being sold on Amazon locally for $146.xx. So something that is worth considering because you should never trust drives. RAM and HDD are usually the 1st components to fail after all.
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
So it turns out, there are 2 types of fans for the PS5. 1 is slightly louder and produces more hissing and squeaking noise than the other.

Since they are called Fan A and B, this could be the reason why, when you register for your warranty, you notice that there are 2 versions of the PS5. Ours is A if I'm not wrong as seen on the 1018A on the box.

I mean, you can also just pop the faceplate out and have a look too. Can't believe I forgot to take a picture the last time I took a look at the fan for anything that may cause the high pitch noise. :s13:

Guess, even though it is type A fan, it is just a blower style fan noise I guess.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/76500/not-every-ps5-has-the-same-fan-some-are-louder-quieter/index.html
 
Last edited:

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324

fusion89x

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
is this the right forum to ask about using the dualsense to play games on PC like AC Valhalla.

i purchased the game on ubisoft as i have a discount but i realised playing on keyboard and mouse for AC games is very weird.

i have a bluetooth dongle that i can connect the dualsense to my pc but the game doesnt allow me to use the controller to play. any ideas on this?
 

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
13,978
Reaction score
198
Have to wait for "playstation now" to add dualsense support for windows.
 

Tukatuz

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2020
Messages
671
Reaction score
152
Did you all try redeeming the code in Psn and see if it reflect as 12 + 3mths?

When receive email from cdkeys that time will only show 1 code.

i tried redeem via PS5 .. only shows 1 year.. no additional. guess no more already
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
i tried redeem via PS5 .. only shows 1 year.. no additional. guess no more already

I see, ya maybe the new codes given out no longer have the additional but anyway still a good deal for a yr US PS+. Got one previously from them, this is second time buying seeing that got chance to have additional 3 mths, don't have also worth it.
 

MakiMaki

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
85
is this the right forum to ask about using the dualsense to play games on PC like AC Valhalla.

i purchased the game on ubisoft as i have a discount but i realised playing on keyboard and mouse for AC games is very weird.

i have a bluetooth dongle that i can connect the dualsense to my pc but the game doesnt allow me to use the controller to play. any ideas on this?

Have you tried using the cable that came with the PS5 and attach to your PC directly? They should be able to recognise your controller. I'm not too sure myself as I'm used to playing PC games on my Xbox controller and it recognises straightaway.

It is not so simple connecting wireless via bluetooth to your computer when i tried to connect it to remote play on my PC. You need to do configuration inside Steam and manually mapping the buttons since they do not recognise PS5 controllers yet. In the end connecting by cable works perfectly for remote play, so may i suggest you try the same?
 

MakiMaki

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
85
I see, ya maybe the new codes given out no longer have the additional but anyway still a good deal for a yr US PS+. Got one previously from them, this is second time buying seeing that got chance to have additional 3 mths, don't have also worth it.

Don't know why only some of u guys got it.. i ordered on Sunday (29/11) also don't have liao... oh well, still cheap nonetheless =)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top