[Official] Playstation 5

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
496
Reaction score
288
I think people should not sleep on the upcoming game Returnal. Strangely there is not much hype/exposure for this game. Heard it's delayed again. I am hoping for a Sony showcase soon. This game looks interesting.
It looks great, but I believe it will struggle at retail. Price will be its downfall, not the game's quality. And thats Sony's fault. They did Housemarque dirty by raising the price.

They should adapt price points accordingly depending on the scale of the project. For eg. Sony knew they couldn't charge Shadow of the Colossus Remake, Concrete Genie, Dreams, Medieval with the same price as AAA titles like GOW, HZD, TLOU Part II, GOT. That was smart & the right move.

Although Housemarque has released excellent titles (Super Stardust HD, Resogun, Dead Nation, Alienation, Nex Machina), I feel an unproven new IP without a huge amount of hype shouldn't be priced to fail at SG $97.90/US $70. That's more expensive than Spider-Man: Miles Morales & Resident Evil Village. These projects aren't on the same scale.

Sony recently tried to pull the same stunt with Destruction AllStars, pricing it at SG $97.90/US $70. But after seeing real-world data & low preorder numbers, they ultimately reverse the decision & include it with PS Plus (Destruction AllStars would be DOA if it had launch at US $70, especially for a multiplayer title with low install base). Does anyone believe Sony would have made the alteration if pre-sales were anywhere near its expectations? Clearly it was posting some dreadful preorder numbers, and I’ve no doubt that was partially influenced by the price.

Will I play Returnal? Yes definitely, but not at launch. I'll wait for sale or wait for it to hit PS Plus in a few years. I don't see many players rushing to get this game either.
 

Mallocup

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I think the Sony Mid-night launch was sort of an accident - they probably didn’t plan to launch so many units (aka planned 10 units turned into 100 🤪) ... but decided to honor the transactions nevertheless which I think is the right thing to do from PR and branding standpoint... but then, these MIDNIGHT transactions are most likely to eat into coming batches of stocks originally plan to be allocated to normal channel partners like Sony Stores, Courts, BD, etc. So therefore coming batches will have even fewer units allocated to the channel partners, taking into consideration also Sony will be allocating more stocks to local Japan and other Asean countries ... just be thankful that you have one at home now 👌🏼

A Sony staff told me their store batches were about 100 sets per delivery. If that’s true for most retail outlets, honouring the PO for the midnight sales won’t make much of a dint.
 

chrischai101

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2016
Messages
846
Reaction score
514
Ah! Sorry bro, mistaken. It’s okay, you formally ordered oledy, and that’s good. Just a waiting game now. My experience with BD is very good in my PS5 order, 你放心 👌🏼

I can't relate.. last i check i dont have one at home now... :o
 

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
4,234
Reaction score
670
Ah! Sorry bro, mistaken. It’s okay, you formally ordered oledy, and that’s good. Just a waiting game now. My experience with BD is very good in my PS5 order, 你放心 👌🏼

:s13::s13: its ok no worries.. waiting game is just dull.. if they are accurate.. mine will only be with me mid of the year.. personally my agenda for the next couple of month is pain in the butt.. wish to have something before march to cheer me up and keep me going.. but it only came after my calamity has ended... ashamed....:slant:
 

x_noobie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
717
Reaction score
1
I think most of us can wait for the PS5, currently there isn’t much games to play. I managed to add the PS5 to cart on Friday (3.45am) but I didn’t purchase. Like any console in the past PS5 price will drop in the future. Ps5 sold at a loss yes, but PS4 was also sold at a loss. Only SCALPERS are those who cannot wait to get their hands on a PS5, sell first to make profit when there is a chance and buy again later when stock are abundant. PS5 do not have many exclusive games yet.

The only good thing about getting it earlier is that i managed to sell my PS4 for a reasonable price, so the upgrade to PS5 doesn't cost that much. that's the only upside for me, gamewise, still sticking to my PS4 library
 

Fazlik

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
I think people should not sleep on the upcoming game Returnal. Strangely there is not much hype/exposure for this game. Heard it's delayed again. I am hoping for a Sony showcase soon. This game looks interesting.
 

aaron_teo

Member
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
I think people should not sleep on the upcoming game Returnal. Strangely there is not much hype/exposure for this game. Heard it's delayed again. I am hoping for a Sony showcase soon. This game looks interesting.

Bro we know
 

Fazlik

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
It looks great, but I believe it will struggle at retail. Price will be its downfall, not the game's quality. And thats Sony's fault. They did Housemarque dirty by raising the price.

They should adapt price points accordingly depending on the scale of the project. For eg. Sony knew they couldn't charge Shadow of the Colossus Remake, Concrete Genie, Dreams, Medieval with the same price as AAA titles like GOW, HZD, TLOU Part II, GOT. That was smart & the right move.

Although Housemarque has released excellent titles (Super Stardust HD, Resogun, Dead Nation, Alienation, Nex Machina), I feel an unproven new IP without a huge amount of hype shouldn't be priced to fail at SG $97.90/US $70. That's more expensive than Spider-Man: Miles Morales & Resident Evil Village. These projects aren't on the same scale.

Sony recently tried to pull the same stunt with Destruction AllStars, pricing it at SG $97.90/US $70. But after seeing real-world data & low preorder numbers, they ultimately reverse the decision & include it with PS Plus (Destruction AllStars would be DOA if it had launch at US $70, especially for a multiplayer title with low install base). Does anyone believe Sony would have made the alteration if pre-sales were anywhere near its expectations? Clearly it was posting some dreadful preorder numbers, and I’ve no doubt that was partially influenced by the price.

Will I play Returnal? Yes definitely, but not at launch. I'll wait for sale or wait for it to hit PS Plus in a few years. I don't see many players rushing to get this game either.

You got a point bro. But I believe at launch likely this game won't get picked up by many players. But probably after more info is released or gameplay/reviews, sales will likely increase.
 

lbbxhbb

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2021
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
:s13::s13: its ok no worries.. waiting game is just dull.. if they are accurate.. mine will only be with me mid of the year.. personally my agenda for the next couple of month is pain in the butt.. wish to have something before march to cheer me up and keep me going.. but it only came after my calamity has ended... ashamed....:slant:

Cheer up!!! Can de! At least you got a set secured
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top