[Official] Playstation 5

fmradio

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2001
Messages
565
Reaction score
7
Anyone know how to buy or preorder ? Asked courts challenger best all not accepting say very back dated stocks not fulfilled yet. Online have but 1k sigh. So overpriced
 
Last edited:

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
14,226
Reaction score
287
Anyone know how to buy or preorder ? Asked courts challenger best all not accepting say very back dated stocks not fulfilled yet. Online have but 1k sigh. So overpriced
can try game mart or game werk
MAY need deposit ,at least 5mths of wait needed

the last i check game mart need to buy PS5 + 1 more dualsense(be it which version of PS5)

PS: i not related to those company(i got it on day 1)
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Guys. Take note. To those who plan on installing your M.2 SSD when the firmware comes out, you will need something else. So 2 things in total.
1) Your very fast PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD
2) An M.2 cooler heatsink

Your M.2 heatsink has to be less than 8mm. Why oh why didn't it just come with the PS5 itself, I don't know. (because generally higher end motherboards come with heatsinks built-in to their m.2 compartments).
Time to buy an off-the-shelf m.2 heatsink cooler.

m2-heatsink-single-sided$en

m2-heatsink-double-sided$en
 
Last edited:

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Yeah. EK is well known for cooling stuff.
Haha… I know cos I do WC, not the best cos of their nickel coating coming off . I saw some ppl complain that their m.2 heatsink clearance below which might obstruct some mobo, not sure about ps5. Hmm…
 

cKm

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
934
Reaction score
4
Haha… I know cos I do WC, not the best cos of their nickel coating coming off . I saw some ppl complain that their m.2 heatsink clearance below which might obstruct some mobo, not sure about ps5. Hmm…
I haven't had any issue leh. I use 2 of them for my nvme ssds
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
I've already got my Samsung 980 Pro.
I am personally going for the Thermal Grizzly M.2 Cooler heatsink as it was readily available in Singapore. Just nice, I ordered it yesterday and it is thankfully here today. So I am all set to complete my PS5 storage upgrade.

As for the reason why I chose Thermal Grizzly, for PC usage, their thermal compounds are top notch and really lasts. As for EKWB's it all boils down to which can be delivered first. Sadly, it looks like the EKWB's M.2 heatsink has to be purchased overseas. And that's why I opted for the one that is readily available in Singapore and is actually proven to make great thermal products as well which is Thermal Grizzly's. So that's my recommendation to those who plan to get an M.2 cooler.

Purchased my Thermal Grizzly M.2 cooler heatsink off of Lazada from a local seller.
 

oneOgus

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Anyone has a queue number for a disk version that they are willing to part with? Don't want to buy from scalpers but willing to buy a meal for the kind soul! Thanks!
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,141
Reaction score
469
PS5 System architect Mark Cerny just bought the WD Back SN850 with heat sink






And if he's approving it, i am buying it.

SSD-Order.png
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top