[Official] Playstation 5

Radecx

Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
303
Reaction score
14
On my sg store it still says SGD67.90 even though my disk is inserted :/

Edit: oh ****. The lost legacy disk i just bought earlier is US version lol.
Good thing I didn't load my sg account
 
Last edited:

It's_Not_Me

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
470
On my sg store it still says SGD67.90 even though my disk is inserted :/

Edit: oh ****. The lost legacy disk i just bought earlier is US version lol.
Good thing I didn't load my sg account
Sometimes just wish Sony will get rid of the disc region. Nowadays still have to check region if buying used games from others.
 

ramishka

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
2
Hi all, I am looking for an SSD expansion for my PS5 and decided to get the Seagate Firecuda 530 as it seems to have good reviews .

I found it on Amazon.sg : https://www.amazon.sg/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B0977LW48F/?th=1

But strangely, I notice the price of the 'with heatsink' version is about s$100 LESS expensive than the non heatsink version. I'm wondering if this is a mistake, or am I reading this wrong?
 

docomospur

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
306
Reaction score
15
Hi all, I am looking for an SSD expansion for my PS5 and decided to get the Seagate Firecuda 530 as it seems to have good reviews .

I found it on Amazon.sg : https://www.amazon.sg/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Solid-State/dp/B0977LW48F/?th=1

But strangely, I notice the price of the 'with heatsink' version is about s$100 LESS expensive than the non heatsink version. I'm wondering if this is a mistake, or am I reading this wrong?

The heatsink one is from Amazon US and the non-heatsink one from Amazon SG. The US prices seem to often be cheaper, especially if it comes with free delivery.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,143
Reaction score
469
we are living in a strange world.

playstation icons crash and spyro owned by Microsoft and original halo creator and developer bungie owned by sony.

it's a matter of time before Nintendo owned sonic
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
we are living in a strange world.

playstation icons crash and spyro owned by Microsoft and original halo creator and developer bungie owned by sony.

it's a matter of time before Nintendo owned sonic
IMO they overpaid though. I mean not that Bungie is not good, but they only have 1 IP Destiny, compared to say buying Zenimax with a huge range of IPs plus many studios.

Microsoft paid just over 7 billion for Zenimax with a few studios and a big catalog.

A/B itself is another level though, 70 billion only Microsoft have that kind of cash to spend on gaming. Worth it or not, I think it is, due to AB drop in stock prices due to the scandals.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,143
Reaction score
469
IMO they overpaid though. I mean not that Bungie is not good, but they only have 1 IP Destiny, compared to say buying Zenimax with a huge range of IPs plus many studios.

Microsoft paid just over 7 billion for Zenimax with a few studios and a big catalog.

A/B itself is another level though, 70 billion only Microsoft have that kind of cash to spend on gaming. Worth it or not, I think it is, due to AB drop in stock prices due to the scandals.

I think the price tag is not just Destiny IP but the prospect of whatever future IP bungie will be creating and also the networking and GAAS skillsets that Playstation has been lacking that bungie possessed.

Remember, as much as Playstation is good at Single player AAA games, their multiplayer games just came and went. Whether we like it or not, online GAAS is the big money maker and owning Bungie now makes Sony has a competent online game studio under their belt.

Zenimax deal is kinda different because even though they have many IPs..other than Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Id Software, most of their other stuffs are not really super duper successful in any form....like Prey, The Evil Within, Dishonored, etc were not really slam dunk IPs.

The Acti-Blizzard deal is big but i don't think MS will be enquiring any other big publishers after this for quite some time because although this deal will most probably pass through...if MS attempted to buy another super big one like EA....the current FTC will probably gonna be knocking on their door (also EA is not really a good deal for any platform holders since most of their money were made from sports games with licensing paid to the respective sports organization like FIFA, NFL, etc so buying out those contracts is even messier).

For Japanese publishers, MS may have a problem...some smaller might be okay for them but MS is probably not gonna get Square Enix as the some of the nationalistic and conservative members of the Japanese diets and regulators will block it. Imagine Japanese national icon RPG, Dragon Quest, owned by an American company? Japan is not gonna allow that. Sony seems more like a likely candidate to buy SE (or at least inject a sizable shares ownership, Sony was actually a minority shareholders of Square Soft in the early 2000s before the Square Enix merger). Same as Namco Bandai (too many Japanese anime tied to it). Capcom's president is still the same guy since the 90s and he's not into selling and monster hunter and resident evil revitalize capcom into super profitability so there's no reason for it to sell.

Konami too messy with their other businesses (spa, gyms).

So for Japanese publishers, only Sega seems reasonable for MS. Sega even got out of their arcade business recently so the organization is mostly software developement now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/27/jap...hip-of-firms-in-tech-and-telecom-sectors.html
 
Last edited:

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
271
I think it's a good time to clean the PS5 after 1 year+. Thick dust had accumulated on the exterior of the fins and it became noisier recently. I think its fan needs some declogging as well. Has anyone cleaned it already? What tools did you use?
 

mrgrumpz

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
My controller’s R2 button is stuck/loose, controller can’t be used already. If my controller is past one year old, can I still bring to the PlayStation service center for repair? Anyone knows how much it will be?
 

It's_Not_Me

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
470
My controller’s R2 button is stuck/loose, controller can’t be used already. If my controller is past one year old, can I still bring to the PlayStation service center for repair? Anyone knows how much it will be?
My condolence. My R2 button also feel slightly loose now. There are a lot of video on how to replace the spring if it's out of warranty.
 

It's_Not_Me

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2017
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
470
I think it's a good time to clean the PS5 after 1 year+. Thick dust had accumulated on the exterior of the fins and it became noisier recently. I think its fan needs some declogging as well. Has anyone cleaned it already? What tools did you use?
I just remove the plate and clean. Didn't take out the fan as i don't see much dust on it. Be careful when removing the connector. Heard some people pull too hard and break the connection on the board. Best to use long pliers or tweezers.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
271
I just remove the plate and clean. Didn't take out the fan as i don't see much dust on it. Be careful when removing the connector. Heard some people pull too hard and break the connection on the board. Best to use long pliers or tweezers.
I intend to remove the fan to clean but when I try to remove the plates and it feels like they are going to snap (I saw someone's snapped on YouTube), I stopped - I don't wanna risk it.

In the end, I did a wipe down on the exterior and used some cotton buds to clean the outer fins. I didn't see much dust on the inside anyways. Though I used a microfiber cloth for the glossy part, it left a long scratch still - only consolation is that it's not obvious. Reminds me of OG PS3 which is 90% glossy exterior - scratch magnet.

Thanks for sharing. I'll be extra cautious in the future if I ever want to remove the fan for cleaning.
 

WestGuy

Banned
Joined
Mar 11, 2001
Messages
14,056
Reaction score
417
I intend to remove the fan to clean but when I try to remove the plates and it feels like they are going to snap (I saw someone's snapped on YouTube), I stopped - I don't wanna risk it.

In the end, I did a wipe down on the exterior and used some cotton buds to clean the outer fins. I didn't see much dust on the inside anyways. Though I used a microfiber cloth for the glossy part, it left a long scratch still - only consolation is that it's not obvious. Reminds me of OG PS3 which is 90% glossy exterior - scratch magnet.

Thanks for sharing. I'll be extra cautious in the future if I ever want to remove the fan for cleaning.
Actually quite easy to remove if watch Youtube videos. Lift and pull. Think most will remove to change to other colour covers too
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top