[Official] Playstation 5

terada86

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
1,493
just finish expedition 33, damn bloody good game, ending damn hard to decide.

but overall the story leave no open question, closure is very well done, pplenty of side quest but the boss fight is jus too hard

you will grow to like all the character inside, each of them has their own story to quest.

and holy cow, when was the last time we actually see the open world map like back n FF7 , FF8 , FF9 or even tales series, this is it! expedition 33 has open world map to roam about

the OST is the game are so high level to the point that i think no rpg can win against it anytime soon,

its crazy to actually believe that this game is made by 30 man team
 

Charles_Chi4

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,958
Reaction score
805
just finish expedition 33, damn bloody good game, ending damn hard to decide.

but overall the story leave no open question, closure is very well done, pplenty of side quest but the boss fight is jus too hard

you will grow to like all the character inside, each of them has their own story to quest.

and holy cow, when was the last time we actually see the open world map like back n FF7 , FF8 , FF9 or even tales series, this is it! expedition 33 has open world map to roam about

the OST is the game are so high level to the point that i think no rpg can win against it anytime soon,

its crazy to actually believe that this game is made by 30 man team
My GOTY 2025 so far
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,289
Reaction score
5,665
Anyone playing Death Stranding 2? The gameplay doesnt look very different from DS1 even though the reviews have been stellar, still looks like a Fedex simulator to me.
 

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
28,692
Reaction score
2,404
Anyone playing Death Stranding 2? The gameplay doesnt look very different from DS1 even though the reviews have been stellar, still looks like a Fedex simulator to me.
gameplay is similar and boring except that you got more ways to transport your stuffs. reviews are rigged.

wait for it to be given free as ps plus game or for the price to drop.
 

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
28,692
Reaction score
2,404
lmao just because you cannot appreciate the game you say it's rigged, 脑残 to the max. :s13:
nice ah? calling others 脑残 says so much abt you :ROFLMAO:

the whole game just carry stuffs from point a to point b and that's all. very repetitive and hardly any story.

rather play elden ring 3rd playthrough.
 
Last edited:

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
hardly any story.
giphy.gif
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,289
Reaction score
5,665
lmao just because you cannot appreciate the game you say it's rigged, 脑残 to the max. :s13:

Maybe its not rigged, but reviews from MSM definitely arent always accurate. I trust user reviews more but those arent out yet.

Anyway have you played the game? Maybe you can tell us why the game is different from the first one, as in its no longer a Fedex delivery simulator with a convoluted story.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
Anyone playing Death Stranding 2? The gameplay doesnt look very different from DS1 even though the reviews have been stellar, still looks like a Fedex simulator to me.
I tried it (DS) twice at different times far apart from each other, each time restarting all over again. First time when launched, 15 hours, then sold the physical copy. Only thing I kept was that cute skull astronaut Ludens Avatar, that's why you see it on my profile. Second time when it was free on the PS+ Game Catalog, Director's Cut, 30 hours, stopped.

I touched my heart and honestly speaking, I cannot enjoy it though I try, hard, to give Kojima-san and Team a chance. I don't even know how I lasted that long. Haha. However, its voice acting, graphics and production quality is pretty high. No glitches, no crashes, no frame rate drops, everything worked really well (at least for me) and it has been like that since the MGS days as far as I can remember. Do you all agree?
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,289
Reaction score
5,665
I tried it (DS) twice at different times far apart from each other, each time restarting all over again. First time when launched, 15 hours, then sold the physical copy. Only thing I kept was that cute skull astronaut Ludens Avatar, that's why you see it on my profile. Second time when it was free on the PS+ Game Catalog, Director's Cut, 30 hours, stopped.

I touched my heart and honestly speaking, I cannot enjoy it though I try, hard, to give Kojima-san and Team a chance. I don't even know how I lasted that long. Haha. However, its voice acting, graphics and production quality is pretty high. No glitches, no crashes, no frame rate drops, everything worked really well (at least for me) and it has been like that since the MGS days as far as I can remember. Do you all agree?

Same here, played DS1 on PS+, its one of the few AAA titles that I didnt manage to complete. From what I've seen so far, the gameplay loop looks similar to DS1, but with more gunplay.
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Same here, played DS1 on PS+, its one of the few AAA titles that I didnt manage to complete. From what I've seen so far, the gameplay loop looks similar to DS1, but with more gunplay.
DS was my very first PS5 game and I completed it. Actually the gameplay gets immersive as you go along.. with the guns, combat and fighting the BTs.
The initial part where you have to avoid the BTs and can’t fight them was rather daunting. Otherwise, it’s actually a very fun game. The side stories where you fight the ghosts is just like any MGS game lol
 

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
Death Stranding is a slow burner & an acquired taste. Definitely not for everyone. Some may find the core gameplay loop repetitive & boring, while others may enjoy the unique experience it offers, which is unlike any other.

It's all subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure. However baseless claims of paid/rigged positive reviews are asinine & laughable.

Amongst the sea of generic modern games, I'm glad DS exist. It stands out by doing something different & doesn't conform to the norm.

We need more experimental games, just like in PS2 era. Though its increasingly difficult in today's market (understandably), with rising costs in development, devs often have to cater to the mainstream just to meet sales target. There's been many instances of studios shutting down after releasing a flop.

Kojima Productions are among the few probably immune to that. Hence they're able to take more risks instead of playing it safe. Prioritizing passion, creativity & making the game they want to make. Doesn't need to worry whether it's niche gameplay put players off or how many million copies it needs to sell to break even (With 2 upcoming games in the pipeline, OD & Physint, already announced, regardless of how well DS2 does commercially).

It's also worth mentioning Guerrilla's Decima Engine is a beast. HFW, Burning Shores & DS2 is a graphical stunner & among the best looking games this gen, especially on Pro. It boggles the mind when you compare it to something like MindsEye with it's 30fps cap.
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
Hi, is the PS5 Pro local set at $880 a good buy? (after using $5 worth of coins)

Thanks! :)
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top