[Official] Playstation 5

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
495
Reaction score
288
Odd. I thought retail price is $749. Why listed $729?
$729.

https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/latest-news/2020/202009-ps5-preorder/

ps5-singapore-preorders.jpg
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
I did not say that its a QC issue, I said maybe its like what Vincent Teoh suggested, a QC issue.

I think LiLAsN explained it very well in his post. The reason why TD's cable didn't work is because the cable simply wasn't rated for 48gbps, its like what I said, the cable shipped with the PS5 only says "high speed" on it, an HDMI 2.1 cable is "Ultra High Speed".
.

Again, you are misinterpreting the difference between capability and certification. Ultra High Speed means the cable has been certified for that speed. It doesn't mean a cable not certified for that speed isn't capable of it.

Then from the result of a test on a single cable coming to the conclusion all cables are impacted. Sony themselves clarified the cable is 48Gbps capable. Unless you are calling Sony out as not being truthful, then the cable is 48Gbps capable. If you have sources showing, on multiple cables, this is not the case, please provide.
 
Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Just experienced a very bad bug.

Was playing Spiderman Remastered's DLC which I didn't do back in 2018. When I wanted to fast travel, I got the temporary black transition screen. But I was surprised at how long the black screen was. I tried to close the game. It won't close. I summoned the PS menu and clicked on turn off PS5.
My PS5 won't even shut down. It's just stuck.

Press and hold the power button to force the system to shut down. Turning it, it needed to do a quick repair and then showed a warning screen along with 3 loud beeps like it's scolding me for shutting it down the improper way.
Not my fault the whole game hang and took the PS UI with it.
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121

fusion89x

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
What do you mean other address? I tried this link before but also still not able to register the warranty for my PS5

MrY9R7m.jpg

https://web.sony-asia.com/sg/mysony-...r-new-product/

try this link instead. i got my set from Sony and the playstation asia link is not working for me. registered with the sony asia link and the warranty is automatically at 1y3mths
 

XxGaiaxX

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
669
Reaction score
20
opps. My bad. Not sure why i kept thinking its $749.:s13:

Btw, instead of waiting till Mar2021 for Yakuza Life A Dragon (PS5 ver), i've decided to take the plunge and start on the PS4 now.

Still on the fence as well for this game. So tempted to just get the PS4 version, but PS5 version will probably better, just no idea how much more better.
 

expressioned

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Is it okay if the ps5 does not have more than the recommended 10cm of space behind it? I plan to have it horizontally but my table top doesn’t have more than 10cm atm for my PS4 pro. Sides aren’t a problem.
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
168
Reaction score
4
Still on the fence as well for this game. So tempted to just get the PS4 version, but PS5 version will probably better, just no idea how much more better.

Currently playing this game on PS4.
I would say play it now on PS4.
Don’t wait till PS5 version comes out.

The loading time is not that long as well.
In chapter 5 now (~18 hours).

Very good game!
 

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
What do you mean other address? I tried this link before but also still not able to register the warranty for my PS5

MrY9R7m.jpg

Yea, same issue, maybe they didn't manage to get all serial no. uploaded into their database yet? Not sure but anyway we can always register later ba when the error is resolve, no hurry. lol.
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Currently playing this game on PS4.
I would say play it now on PS4.
Don’t wait till PS5 version comes out.

The loading time is not that long as well.
In chapter 5 now (~18 hours).

Very good game!

I love the Yakuza series. The previous Judgement was really well done.

In short, actually there are still life in PS4 considering there are still games like Yakuza now. I see no point in waiting for PS5 versions to be out.

In fact, I hardly see much comments in this thread on how the PS4 games are played out on their new PS5 consoles. Especially games like Last of Us II or GOW which are already graphically impressive on the PS4 console. Or even games like PES2021 ... are there improvements in graphics/loading?

Would like to see more comments....
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
Just experienced a very bad bug.

Was playing Spiderman Remastered's DLC which I didn't do back in 2018. When I wanted to fast travel, I got the temporary black transition screen. But I was surprised at how long the black screen was. I tried to close the game. It won't close. I summoned the PS menu and clicked on turn off PS5.
My PS5 won't even shut down. It's just stuck.

I had a similar issue in MM, after selecting one of the activities with the ingame app, fast travel to the nearest location = black screen. Thankfully I could close the game to recover it.
 

taotato

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
296
Reaction score
4
https://web.sony-asia.com/sg/mysony-...r-new-product/

try this link instead. i got my set from Sony and the playstation asia link is not working for me. registered with the sony asia link and the warranty is automatically at 1y3mths

Can you repost the full link ? The one you mentioned is missing 1 part.
 

SR1984

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
281
Reaction score
6
I love the Yakuza series. The previous Judgement was really well done.

In short, actually there are still life in PS4 considering there are still games like Yakuza now. I see no point in waiting for PS5 versions to be out.

In fact, I hardly see much comments in this thread on how the PS4 games are played out on their new PS5 consoles. Especially games like Last of Us II or GOW which are already graphically impressive on the PS4 console. Or even games like PES2021 ... are there improvements in graphics/loading?

Would like to see more comments....

Was wondering should I get the current version or wait till the PS5 version but will have to wait until March next year
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top