[Official] Playstation 5

rebornsoul

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
5,665
Reaction score
193
Careful. The guy that mentioned it is a local set with 5 years warranty showed a picture of the box and it did not contain the EA logo sticker. Indicating that this is NOT a local set. So don't expect a 5 years warranty being covered by the local distro, EA.
Nevertheless, I don't think it will be much of an issue because Samsung SSDs tend to typically last.
PS. Those who purchased an SSD for your PS5, do insert it in your PC first in order to check if it has the latest firmware. It usually can't be plugged into just an external USB enclosure and has to physically be plugged in via a PCIe adaptor or directly to your motherboard in order for it to be recognized and thus, allowing for a firmware upgrade.

I think you are mistaken. Ban Leong started distributorship for Samsung SSD since this year. There is also receipt from Ban Leong.

The old school method of using EA sticker to differentiate between local and overseas set doesnt work anymore.
 
Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
I think you are mistaken. Ban Leong started distributorship for Samsung SSD since this year. There is also receipt from Ban Leong.

The old school method of using EA sticker to differentiate between local and overseas set doesnt work anymore.
Oh? That's great. Though it might make it harder to know if it's a local set or someone is selling an imported one from Amazon.
 

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
October PlayStation Plus games

Hell Let Loose (PS5)
Mortal Kombat X
PGA Tour 2K21
Castlevania Requiem (SG)

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...hell-let-loose-pga-tour-2k21-mortal-kombat-x/
FAgOYdRUUAAtQ8q

FAdoVPkWEAo4hG9
 
Last edited:

Deathshadow

Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
493
Reaction score
287
I thought MK previously had already?
MKX is in PS Plus Collection for PS5, but were never part of the monthly PS Plus games. Previously the same thing happen to Days Gone as well.

These games are included mainly for PS4 users, which make up the majority of PS+ subscribers. Bad month for PS5 though, as there's 1 less game. It should've been MKXL instead of the base game.
 

Jerrberryy

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
want to buy ps5, didn’t know everywhere is OOS. Asked Sony retail shop but they ask me to register my name on waitlist, and have to wait
Initially waiting time 2-3 mths. Now need to wait 10-11 mth? 😮😮
that’s what they replied me on WhatsApp leh
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
I thought the Castlevania Requiem bundle is a nice touch this month though. I'm still not done with last month's Overcooked - I didn't know Extra Trimmings DLC has quite a number of levels to play too. More free content.
 

TerrariaNut

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Quite reasonable price, do you have the seller name? Tempting to get 1 too.
I bought the disc edition from nxs_sg on Carousell for $1,078 for 2 controllers also. Not too bad la considering other people selling just the console at $1.2k++ LOL. Nice guy too never kpkb when I ask a lot of questions.
 

rebornsoul

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
5,665
Reaction score
193
Hi, anyone interested in a WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™ SSD (2TB) WITH Heatsink can view it here:
https://carousell.app.link/Pv4y7HHy1jb
on #carousell

wa $900?! The Samsung 980 pro 2TB I bought for $500 and $25 for the heatsink. Granted it's not a "first party" solution but I don't think that few seconds faster loading time is worth the price man. But of course to each his own, I'm sure there will be people who can justify buying it.
 

jenchian

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
wa $900?! The Samsung 980 pro 2TB I bought for $500 and $25 for the heatsink. Granted it's not a "first party" solution but I don't think that few seconds faster loading time is worth the price man. But of course to each his own, I'm sure there will be people who can justify buying it.
To each his own, sure, there are many ways to save costs and cut corners. If you are planning to spend so much on a SSD for your precious PS5, why risk that performance degradation and temperature difference to potentially fry your PS5 innards 😅

Check out:


Conclusion around the 5:00 mark: "If you have access to a WD Black with Heatsink, get it!"

Enuf said 🙂
 

wiwi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
9,285
Reaction score
6
U can get SN850 2tb on amazon.sg for 560-600. Just wait for amazon us stocks to appear. They will honor warranty if bought from amazon.
 

docomospur

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
306
Reaction score
15
Retail price of the WD 2TB heatsink version is $799 in SG, so $900 seems rather steep. Believe it should be cheaper through amazon once they have stock, if you’re willing to do without the local SG warranty. A few weeks ago, the Seagate 2 TB Firecuda 530 with heatsink was going for about $675 all in at amazon. Was really tempted then but I decided on a 1 TB drive as I don’t really need that much internal storage.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top