[Official] Playstation 5

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Submitted my pre order request with Sony singapore. Was informed by the CS Agent that the current waiting list is 12k and they JUST fulfilled pre-orders from Jan 2021.

The 'rough' estimate waiting time she gave me is at least 6 - 9 months. Lol.

It's_Not_Me

Reaction score
Using 48 now and it’s really awesome as a monitor. 42 would be even better for most people. Now I aiming 77 inch oled also haha. Got 5 OLEDs as of now.
Envy you. Was thinking to get the 48 Oled when i got my PS5. Got a cheap Benq 4k 32 inch monitor instead There is no good and affordable monitor that offer good HDR in the market, so i don't bother to spend a lot to get a subpar HDR monitor. And 48inch Oled need some table depth to be conformable for daily usage.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Envy you. Was thinking to get the 48 Oled when i got my PS5. Got a cheap Benq 4k 32 inch monitor instead There is no good and affordable monitor that offer good HDR in the market, so i don't bother to spend a lot to get a subpar HDR monitor. And 48inch Oled need some table depth to be conformable for daily usage.
Just mount it on the wall(if possible), tv got remote control easy to switch inputs between pc and ps5, just connect another speaker to tv using optical and you are good to go.

no doubt 42 is very good but need wait until end of this year to get it I believe.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the predecessors didnt have an outgoing pandemic going on during their release, so im guessing no
Scalpers are hoping that the supply chain for chips will remain Low forever and still continuing to buy in huge quantities. Something similar to tulip mania and lots of speculation involved. Once Sony decides to flood the market with more than expected ps5s someday, then they will Kena badly

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Submitted my pre order request with Sony singapore. Was informed by the CS Agent that the current waiting list is 12k and they JUST fulfilled pre-orders from Jan 2021.

CS seems to be very proud of the backlog demand for PS5, the longer the backlog and inability of Sony to meet the demand, the higher possibility that multiple business units from Sony that are considered non essential to the business (non production, non technical roles), will Kena cut off. My best friend worked at Sony PlayStation department in sg and whole team Kena laid off.

Hir0 -

Master Member
Reaction score

ahhh how do u submit a preorder request? i tried going to sony sg website it says invalid page :(

xiasuaykia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CS seems to be very proud of the backlog demand for PS5, the longer the backlog and inability of Sony to meet the demand, the higher possibility that multiple business units from Sony that are considered non essential to the business (non production, non technical roles), will Kena cut off. My best friend worked at Sony PlayStation department in sg and whole team Kena laid off.
wah so sad. i hope your friend managed to secure a job now. times are quite bad actually...

nonetheless, looks like places like TOG, GameXtreme are all not doing any preorders. lol. looks like gotta wait another year before i lay my hands on 1.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah so sad. i hope your friend managed to secure a job now. times are quite bad actually...

nonetheless, looks like places like TOG, GameXtreme are all not doing any preorders. lol. looks like gotta wait another year before i lay my hands on 1.
Blessing in disguise, left Sony to join Another Ang moh company, with more than 20% pay increment. ya times are bad, crazy inflation coupled with depressed wages.

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last July I placed my name also said fulfilling Jan 2021.

🤨

Sent from Pixel 4a

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No news so far and based on the releases of past PS & Slim models, reckon a probable 3 to 4 years wait for a PS5 Slim.

PS2 >> Slim: 2000 >> 2004 (4 yrs)
PS3 >> Slim >> Super Slim: 2006 >> 2009 >> 2012 (3 yrs)
PS4 >> Slim/Pro: 2013 >> 2016 (3 yrs)

So perhaps a PS5 Slim in 2023 or 2024.........

Thanks for this. I foresee another long wait for the PS5 Slim when it releases.

bobocat

Reaction score
For those still waiting for a Ps5 at retail price.. you can try register your interest with Krisshop. They had some stock recently but will not show online. And they will do quite a handful of verification to ensure your genuine interest. I reg around October 2021 and got it recently. Good luck to all.

imTHOR

Reaction score
For those still waiting for a Ps5 at retail price.. you can try register your interest with Krisshop. They had some stock recently but will not show online. And they will do quite a handful of verification to ensure your genuine interest. I reg around October 2021 and got it recently. Good luck to all.
Do we register the interest via the Contact Us page?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.