[Official] Playstation 5

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,484
Reaction score
8,611
PS5 now selling online at S$1299.99 OMG!

sony_playstation_5_disc_editio_1632539223_3dfcee2f.jpg
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
To be honest, i kinda stopped playing games on my PS5 for the last month. Especially since I've completed season 1 of COD Vanguard. Nothing much to do on the PS5 cos relatively quiet. All waiting for Horizon Forbidden.

Have migrated to Xbox for now.. and severely enjoying Forza Horizon 5 & the old 2019 GEARS 5. Their GamePass Ultimate is really quite amazing at $20/month (retail). (Supposedly can get cheaper @ <$60/year via online dealers). I think FY21 was Xbox turn to "shine", considering their Day 1 release on Gamepass included the crazy fun Forza & Halo Infinite. In fact, Rainbow 6 Extraction will be out on Day 1 also on GamePass Ultimate. Must admit Microsoft's version of subscription model "ala Netflix style, for games is working out good for us gamers.

Honestly, if there are still waiting for PS5, maybe can invest a bit for a used Series S (<$350) and try out the GamePass Ultimate. Its a worthwhile investment.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,141
Reaction score
469
Erm...guys......Microsoft Just bought Activision-Blizzard...i guess COD and Blizzard games on playstation are numbered.
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Series S no future. If cannot get the X I'd not bother personally. Shite console.

Definitely not the right forum thread to ask this question ... Just curious ... why? For a secondary console, i always thought the Series S is decent. Afterall, its for Gamepass Ultimate, no disc required.
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
121
Erm...guys......Microsoft Just bought Activision-Blizzard...i guess COD and Blizzard games on playstation are numbered.

I doubt it'll be exclusives to Xbox.

But it will surely add alot of people jumping on the Gamepass Ultimate.
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
I doubt it'll be exclusives to Xbox.

I'm pretty sure this guarantees it will be exclusive to Xbox. Just like the offerings from Bethesda. Unless Sony already had a contract with Blizzard you can kiss CoD goodbye on PlayStation. Doesn't bother me however as I don't play it.

As for the Series S, if it was just the same graphics as the X but with the resolution scaled back to 1080p I'd be ok with it. It's not. And the current crop of games aren't really pushing the next gen consoles too much. When the true next gen games come, the S will stand for Struggle.

The UE5 demo of the Matrix is pushing the X and PS5. Yes it's an engine demo, not a game. And it's not optimised fully for the hardware. But it's a mess on the S.

If you want an xbox to play for the reminder of the generation, the S isn't the one.
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
It's not ****. It's a great console at a great price, not everyone cares about 4K and 120 Fps.

It's the best move Microsoft did this gen compared to the not here not there rare digital version of PS5.
If you bothered to read my follow up post you'll know this isn't about 4K 120fps.

Honestly I'd feel sorry for those that decide to get the Xbox Series Struggle coz there is no availability of the X or PS5. Better to wait for a proper current gen console.
 

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
2,169
If you bothered to read my follow up post you'll know this isn't about 4K 120fps.

Honestly I'd feel sorry for those that decide to get the Xbox Series Struggle coz there is no availability of the X or PS5. Better to wait for a proper current gen console.
I play on both my S and X and don't feel that the S is any worse, it's totally fine and perfect for what it is priced at.

I feel sad for those still hunting for PS5 too. While I'm enjoying both my S and X. Hopefully the stocks can increase asap, it's almost impossible to buy in Jakarta too.

Should honestly get a S to play while waiting for PS5, maybe they will end up getting an X over a PS5.
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
Should honestly get a S to play while waiting for PS5, maybe they will end up getting an X over a PS5.
Nah. You'll only end up spending again on an X or PS5. Like that you might as well pay the scalpers and get a proper console now. Don't waste either your time or your money.
 

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,484
Reaction score
8,611
Microsoft Just bought Activision-Blizzard
Good news! : ) There’s hope now for Blizzard games such as Diablo 4, StarCraft 3, Overwatch 2 and World of Warcraft! Time to put my 3090 to good use!

PlayStation 5 : 10.3 teraflops
3090 : 36 teraflops (>3 times faster)
 

dagobah

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
950
Reaction score
140
Erm...guys......Microsoft Just bought Activision-Blizzard...i guess COD and Blizzard games on playstation are numbered.
As long as MS leave my Square Enix alone, I'm good....
I doubt COD titles will be exclusive, they want the sales and player base from playstation.
Do console gamers care about blizzard games? To me, they are more to the PC side...

I think this is more of a $68 billion Game Pass push.
 

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,484
Reaction score
8,611
As long as MS leave my Square Enix alone, I'm good....
I doubt COD titles will be exclusive, they want the sales and player base from playstation.
Do console gamers care about blizzard games? To me, they are more to the PC side...

I think this is more of a $68 billion Game Pass push.
Square Enix is owned by Sony right?

Unless Microsoft buys Sony LOL
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top