[Official] Playstation 5

Justeve

Reaction score
I'm using the aorus 7000s also without updating the firmware and it's been working well for the past 1 year plus.

Try inserting the ssd into your pc and see if it works?
Apparently there is a new problem now. I can't get the screw out from the SSD area. It seems the screw is stripped. Might need to visit Sony service center.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see that everyone is buying external SSD drive for PS5 . Any recommendation ? I thinking to get one in Korea, or either buy it when return to singapore

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I see that everyone is buying external SSD drive for PS5 . Any recommendation ? I thinking to get one in Korea, or either buy it when return to singapore
If you want the very best in terms of speed and quality, that would be the Seagate Firecuda 530 and the WD SN850X

Deathshadow

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if it can surpass, or at the very least, be on par with the original. Its lengthy as well, for those worried about game length or cut content like RE3.

RE4 Speedrun Trophy is beat the game in under 8 hours. For comparison - RE7 is 4 hours, RE Village is 3 hours, RE3 is 2 hours.

Separate Ways & Assignment Ada, there's no news yet. Though its expected to be paid DLC (While Mercenaries mode & PSVR 2 update are confirmed free).

Off topic - My top 3 PS2 games of all time are Shadow of the Colossus, RE4 & MGS3. SOTC already got a remake & RE4 release next week. Just waiting for the remake of Snake Eater next (which might actually be announce this year if the rumors are true).
Reviews are in, and its 2005 all over again. 2nd highest rated game of the year so far 🧟‍♂️🗡

2023 looks stacked. Great times ahead.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/resident-evil-4
Fq4YS8iXsAA3yKl

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want the very best in terms of speed and quality, that would be the Seagate Firecuda 530 and the WD SN850X
I try to find the price for Firecuda 530 2tb in shopee, but all of them is sold out. Anyone know what the price range during sales for 2tb ?
Become I worried that if i buy in Korea, the warranty is not international....

popeyes

Reaction score
I try to find the price for Firecuda 530 2tb in shopee, but all of them is sold out. Anyone know what the price range during sales for 2tb ?
Become I worried that if i buy in Korea, the warranty is not international....
Its intl warranty

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite good liao, from where?
Korea. Have discount now. Plus additional discount being a member

I guess not worth to buy from Amazon n send over to Korea since have to pay custom duty n 10% tax. Though I not sure how much Amazon sell since it sold out. The WD SN sss is same price as firecuba though

popeyes

Reaction score
Korea. Have discount now. Plus additional discount being a member

I guess not worth to buy from Amazon n send over to Korea since have to pay custom duty n 10% tax. Though I not sure how much Amazon sell since it sold out. The WD SN sss is same price as firecuba though

I rem amazon also ard 330 to 350 few mths ago.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just notice 4gb have the best discount. It cost 780 sgd😅. I guess 2gb is enough for me

mp4005 help

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Firestone

Reaction score
Just notice 4gb have the best discount. It cost 780 sgd😅. I guess 2gb is enough for me

i bought 4TB for 770 during Lazada 3/3 sales
I recall 2TB was around 300+

have to stack with Citi $30 / Lazada platform voucher / Store voucher

No hassle with overseas shipment as local stock. Less chance of it going missing

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Have just completed Hogwarts Legacy.. first game completed in years, which says a lot as most games have just not held my interest. The amount of content is just crazy and totally makes the game price worth it. The problem now is what to play next that would match the immersiveness and breadth of this game...
I am still playing Hogwarts Legacy around 10 hours in at level 21, this is the best game in years.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought 4TB for 770 during Lazada 3/3 sales
I recall 2TB was around 300+

have to stack with Citi $30 / Lazada platform voucher / Store voucher

No hassle with overseas shipment as local stock. Less chance of it going missing
I currently studying in Korea, so seem Amazon out of stock for 2TB and plus pay extra tax, I just buy in Korea. Though I don’t need it urgently 😂

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was using WD SN850X 2TB for a few weeks, then upgraded to a 4TB version as got too many games to download.

So far no issue, though I only had it for a week or two.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I currently studying in Korea, so seem Amazon out of stock for 2TB and plus pay extra tax, I just buy in Korea. Though I don’t need it urgently 😂
Try not to use the default internal storage too much.

Unlike HDD, SSDs (solid state flash memory) had a hard upper limit rewrite cycle which is around 1200 to over 10,000 writes per memory cell depending on the cell type (SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC etc). This means that if you keep installing, deleting, installing games and reached the lifespan of 1200 rewrites, the memory cell will be permanently dead.

Right now, almost all 1TB/2TB/4TB/8TB SSDs fall under the 1200 rewrite lifespan, some even go as low as 600, while the smaller storage SSDs below 1TB had much higher rewrite cycles.

For peace of mind, I use the 4TB SSD for PS5 games, and an external WD 5TB HDD for PS4 games, and keeping the internal storage free as much as possible. :)

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I suggest to use the on promotional price, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe with Heatsink 2TB at $300

MZ-V8P2T0CW_01.jpg

New PS5 game Dead Island 2 available 21 April 2023

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.