[Official] Playstation 5

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,799
Reaction score
1,429
No thanks to the semi con industry making RAM and NAND Flash storage etc for data & AI centers, reducing supplies for the consumer market.

Not just the console systems themselves, 4TB and 8TB M.2 SSDs also shot up in price. Should have gotten another 8TB stick last year, around $900 on Amazon then.

The microsd cards went up in price too.

I wanted to buy 1TB Sandisk microsd (not microsd express) for Switch OLED many months back. It was $130 then. Kept thinking, thinking and thinking, didnt buy. Now it's $299.

Lucked out and got the 512GB Samsung microsd express for $136 last Dec. Now it's $350. Crazy.

qh40JhJ.png


I guess fate doesn't want me to buy a PS5. Maybe will hold out and see how's the PS6 handheld.
 

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
7,256
Reaction score
182
The microsd cards went up in price too.

I wanted to buy 1TB Sandisk microsd (not microsd express) for Switch OLED many months back. It was $130 then. Kept thinking, thinking and thinking, didnt buy. Now it's $299.

Lucked out and got the 512GB Samsung microsd express for $136 last Dec. Now it's $350. Crazy.

qh40JhJ.png


I guess fate doesn't want me to buy a PS5. Maybe will hold out and see how's the PS6 handheld.
Yeah, SD card prices also shot up, even USB portable HDDs went up as well, so are PCs and laptops.

New PS5 price only effective from 1st May onwards? If so still can hoot now. Credit cards also have free 6 months instalment plans.

Eyeing PS6 portable as well, rumoured to launch late next year.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
471
Just started saros....

As a big fan of returnal, this is sick!!!!

I'm gonna be till late night again like I did with returnal!
 

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,799
Reaction score
1,429
Yeah, SD card prices also shot up, even USB portable HDDs went up as well, so are PCs and laptops.

New PS5 price only effective from 1st May onwards? If so still can hoot now. Credit cards also have free 6 months instalment plans.

Eyeing PS6 portable as well, rumoured to launch late next year.

the only company that hasn't raised prices yet is surprisingly Apple. The base Macs are still available at reasonable prices.

But anyway, hard to justify the original $669 for PS5 already. It's not us old fogies who need to worry about the insane console prices. If parents can't afford to buy a PS5 for their kids now, there'll be no one to buy the PS7 or PS8 in the future. The market would be dead.

The only reason I'd be interested in consoles is because I grew up with consoles. If the kids do not grow up with consoles now, they'll not be customers in future.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
For those who played Nioh 3, What's your experience?

I started with odachi and focused on leveling up my Strength and also did the side quests through exploration, it was okay until I reached the first crucible where my Living Weapon just cleared around 50% of boss' HP. Then I found out I was twice the recommended level by then + with this kind of high strength, the difficulty feels broken. Just a few hours in only, so I decided to restart.

Though I switched to sword and talons (overlapping reference stats for efficient scaling) in the 2nd round and try to stay a few levels below the recommended ones, it was much more balanced. Then I got stuck at the 2nd boss (big guy with big axe, water damage) and decided to go back to previous regions to play more side missions and by this time, the optional bosses are too easy.

I just feel it's not well balanced. Haha. No such experience previously for Nioh 2 and 1.

Grandmasters, how do you all play it to not OP it and keeping it enjoyable?
 

aerolord

Master Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
89
Sian not sure what game to play, first world problem :s13:.

Just finished Tales of Beseria Remastered and Pragmata.

Got a few choice, any thought?

Red Dead Redemption 2
The Witcher 3
Death Stranding 1
Saros
Chained Echoes
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
Sian not sure what game to play, first world problem :s13:.

Just finished Tales of Beseria Remastered and Pragmata.

Got a few choice, any thought?

Red Dead Redemption 2
The Witcher 3
Death Stranding 1
Saros
Chained Echoes
Not sure about the others but Death Stranding 1 - I really cannot sia, and that is after giving it a few chances. Haha. I don't feel the fun though graphics are really good. And I remember the game runs very well.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
Another note on Nioh 3, especially for veterans or soulslike enthusiasts, you may have to strip away some of the game mechanics as they make the game easier. Stripping away Living Artifact, Ninja Style, maybe some Soul cores abilities (not sure what they have that is very nerfed, OP), would probably give you a more satisfying gameplay.

I restarted it and played it in that way, it really feels like way back in Nioh 1 as you focus on dodging, the attack patterns and how to manage your Ki. Lesser of that 2nd set of ninja style armour and weapons to manage also.

Initially I was quite excited about ninja style but now I feel it's a shame that the Devs decided to load all these game mechanics but didn't keep it balanced (at least for now, but I don't know whether it will become super challenging when you progress on).

Elden Ring was great for me because I choose not to use Spirit Ash. I cannot remember whether I have used Living Weapon and Soul cores for Nioh 1 and 2, probably very minimally for finishing moves perhaps and I enjoy them better.

Of course, everyone has their own preference, I just choose to play it in this way. You do you. And if you ask me to do a LV 1 char, stripped off all armour, that's the other end of the spectrum and it becomes not enjoyable anymore. Haha.

Also, reminder: Wu Chang Fallen Feathers and Nine Sols are free this month!
 

Charles_Chi4

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
807
Another note on Nioh 3, especially for veterans or soulslike enthusiasts, you may have to strip away some of the game mechanics as they make the game easier. Stripping away Living Artifact, Ninja Style, maybe some Soul cores abilities (not sure what they have that is very nerfed, OP), would probably give you a more satisfying gameplay.

I restarted it and played it in that way, it really feels like way back in Nioh 1 as you focus on dodging, the attack patterns and how to manage your Ki. Lesser of that 2nd set of ninja style armour and weapons to manage also.

Initially I was quite excited about ninja style but now I feel it's a shame that the Devs decided to load all these game mechanics but didn't keep it balanced (at least for now, but I don't know whether it will become super challenging when you progress on).

Elden Ring was great for me because I choose not to use Spirit Ash. I cannot remember whether I have used Living Weapon and Soul cores for Nioh 1 and 2, probably very minimally for finishing moves perhaps and I enjoy them better.

Of course, everyone has their own preference, I just choose to play it in this way. You do you. And if you ask me to do a LV 1 char, stripped off all armour, that's the other end of the spectrum and it becomes not enjoyable anymore. Haha.

Also, reminder: Wu Chang Fallen Feathers and Nine Sols are free this month!
I can’t even beat kunimatsu with all those things
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
I can’t even beat kunimatsu with all those things
I should be far from it. I restarted right before I fight Baba Nobuharu. The Ninja style is kinda distracting for me. Do you find it easier than previous games? Assuming you played them.
 

Charles_Chi4

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
807
I should be far from it. I restarted right before I fight Baba Nobuharu. The Ninja style is kinda distracting for me. Do you find it easier than previous games? Assuming you played them.
I dun like playing soul like games.The only souls like game I played and finished are surge 1 & 2, code vein 1 and BMW. I played code vein 2 but stuck in last boss fight n give up haha

I heard this is easier than 1 & 2 so I playing it now.
 

mliolukiye

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
1,504
Reaction score
271
I dun like playing soul like games.The only souls like game I played and finished are surge 1 & 2, code vein 1 and BMW. I played code vein 2 but stuck in last boss fight n give up haha

I heard this is easier than 1 & 2 so I playing it now.
From a different perspective, Team Ninja give players of different skill levels, the various options to customise their play - Living Artifact, Soul Cores summons and abilities, Ninja Mode, etc for a wider audience through increased accessibility.

I also read that there is a Stone of Penance to increase the difficulty to +5 and perhaps, all systems can then be utilised to tackle such difficulty. Also, Level Sync can be used, after beating the game so that even when you are Level 40 fighting a Level 10 boss, you won't be OP.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
471
You guys gotta play saros, I tell you....

I haven't be engaged in such long game session but saros literally,ade ,e glued to my seat for hours....

And if you are intimidated by the difficulty due to returnal, I'll say saros is a lot more 'humane' compared to returnal......for returnal, there's barely any permanent upgrades so if you die in a run, it's back to square one....saros got an entire permanent skill tree upgrade to help you ease along....

Here's some of the bosses I've defeated so far





 

Charles_Chi4

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
807
You guys gotta play saros, I tell you....

I haven't be engaged in such long game session but saros literally,ade ,e glued to my seat for hours....

And if you are intimidated by the difficulty due to returnal, I'll say saros is a lot more 'humane' compared to returnal......for returnal, there's barely any permanent upgrades so if you die in a run, it's back to square one....saros got an entire permanent skill tree upgrade to help you ease along....

Here's some of the bosses I've defeated so far






Might pick up later. I gave up returnal after stuck in first level boss.

Heard the saros ending is so woke.
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
471
Might pick up later. I gave up returnal after stuck in first level boss.

Heard the saros ending is so woke.
The ending part is a disinformation campaigns by some dudebros using AI to fake a scene to push his narrative....

It's been debunked to be fake and AI generated.
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,287
Reaction score
5,665
You guys gotta play saros, I tell you....

I haven't be engaged in such long game session but saros literally,ade ,e glued to my seat for hours....

And if you are intimidated by the difficulty due to returnal, I'll say saros is a lot more 'humane' compared to returnal......for returnal, there's barely any permanent upgrades so if you die in a run, it's back to square one....saros got an entire permanent skill tree upgrade to help you ease along....

Here's some of the bosses I've defeated so far







Yea Returnal is much much harder than Saros. No shield and no auto hit alone makes the game so much harder.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top