if I had a choice not buying a35, I would. A35 sucks compared to what exists in the US or LSE. But we are left with no choice as the research shows in Foreign bonds FX risk provides little benefit, in contrast with taking FX risk in iwda is very beneficial.
A35 is a lesser evil to MBH but both are inefficient and illiquid. I’ve bought mega loads of both and I know the time I have to sell is gonna be a problem. To many of you with pittance a portfolio will not appreciate what I say as it really does not make a diff till u r retired and managing one of large amount.
Regarding returns. U fail to understand what I was bashing about. it’s NOT about returns. It’s everything about emotions and not bailing out when the goings gets scary !. You can’t talk about returns when u have sold sold sold. And don’t anyone tell me they have nerves of steel. The market already tells me most are scared as ****. I only care what it does for me in times like this and the effect it has on rebalancing.
Educate yourself in sequence risk of returns and behavioural finance. Get some experience in times like this.
You should not be looking Mbh and a35 by itself but as a portfolio as a whole. Research have concluded that risk and returns should be taken in equity and not in bonds.
A35 ranks superior when rebalancing is enforced. The long term returns of both portfolios turn out on par but a35 gave the additional benefit of sequence protection. Go find the research. I’ve read a lot and it’s a pain to find it.
assume talk about returns. U can achieve this by increasing your equity allocation. Mbh does increase your risk n potential returns. Similar risk adjusted returns can be achieved with MBH or A35. Just by altering the equity component.
But only safe havens assets can protect u from your emotions and the scary drawdowns u will see. AND many will destroy themselves because of this by selling up on fear.
I'm with Shiny on this one.