[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
714
Lol point taken thanks. Come to think of it, even the cheapest SH SIM only plan can't fight this plan lol

I guess the choice is clear
True but u need to take into consideration that u are contract to them for 1 year.cannot jump if other telcos come out with a even cheaper and better plan . :LOL:
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
True but u need to take into consideration that u are contract to them for 1 year.cannot jump if other telcos come out with a even cheaper and better plan . :LOL:
Yeah this one true but so far Singtel the coverage better for my usage, that's why I don't mind going back to Singtel as long the price is ok.
 

Tippytoe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
19
I just signed up the Enhanced Lite 5G+ plan. I am using S25 Ultra and it's stated as 'NR NSA' under the SIM card status. There is no '5G Standalone' alike option to select.

It's 'NR NSA' all around SG so it's not a location thingy. Both physical and eSIM show 'NR NSA'.
The Singtel app shows '5G+' though.

Am I really on 5G standalone or am I scammed by Singtel?
Sorry.. anyone has an answer to this?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,822
Reaction score
2,771
Sorry.. anyone has an answer to this?
did chiu try checking your network at different locations? or you have tried and it's always NSA?

don't just rely on the phone but also use app like Network Cell Info to check.
 

Tippytoe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
19
did chiu try checking your network at different locations? or you have tried and it's always NSA?

don't just rely on the phone but also use app like Network Cell Info to check.
Yes, I travel from central to Tuas but NSA all the way.

I have also installed 'net monitor' and '5G switch' to which both also state NSA. I have also tried the following:

1. Switched from physical to eSIM.
2. Reset mobile network settings.
3. Requested Singtel to cease and re-provide the 5G service.
4. Tried different APNs.
5. Tried forcing the phone to 5G-only band but was unsuccessful (i.e. *#2263#)
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,339
Reaction score
12,303
Yes, I travel from central to Tuas but NSA all the way.

I have also installed 'net monitor' and '5G switch' to which both also state NSA. I have also tried the following:

1. Switched from physical to eSIM.
2. Reset mobile network settings.
3. Requested Singtel to cease and re-provide the 5G service.
4. Tried different APNs.
5. Tried forcing the phone to 5G-only band but was unsuccessful (i.e. *#2263#)

I had the exact same problem as you with SingTel 5G $15.28 plan. I am using a S23U. Same screenshot as yours too.

Once I swap to Eight 5G I can see the 5G SA option. I explained in my previous posting.

So far only you and TimberOak have reported similar issues and both are using Samsung Galaxy phones (S23 Ultra and S25 Ultra).

Strange but I can only guess there is something wrong with some Samsung phones with SingTel network, since you have done the necessary troubleshooting and SingTel has done their parts as well.

I guess you have to bite the bullet and try another phone.

Worse case you have to change to physical SIM Card again and try the other phone if your other phones do not support eSIM.

If it is last year you may tahan NSA as the user experiences are not that different. But this year you may well have a problem soon since NSA network may get shutdown, not in the end of this month as some say but probably later this year.

And you can not move out as the 5G+ Enhanced Lite comes with 12 months contract.

Certainly a difficult situation to be in and very frustrating experience ...

Unfortunately I do not see how SingTel can help you further...
 
Last edited:

Tippytoe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
19
Let's say I am able to try out on an iPhone, would it show whether it's SA or NSA like an android phone?

I am not aware of NSA network shutting down-thanks for pointing it out. Looks like it's a bigger problem than I expect.

If not Singtel, who else can help? Samsung, how? I'm not sure... :(
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,150
Reaction score
13,171
hopefully the lobang no pikchiak :o maybe they discover a loophole...
With more people going to ask them for the plan instead of submitting the form first, it's also my fear that they'd kill it one day.

Yes, I travel from central to Tuas but NSA all the way.

I have also installed 'net monitor' and '5G switch' to which both also state NSA. I have also tried the following:

1. Switched from physical to eSIM.
2. Reset mobile network settings.
3. Requested Singtel to cease and re-provide the 5G service.
4. Tried different APNs.
5. Tried forcing the phone to 5G-only band but was unsuccessful (i.e. *#2263#)
For my iPhone, having the 5G showing is not enough to show that mine has SA; I've to toggle 5G Standalone in order for it to show up on the app.

I'm not sure if that's anything to do with your 5. above though.

I also have a feeling it's to do with your phone (model).
 

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
714
Let's say I am able to try out on an iPhone, would it show whether it's SA or NSA like an android phone?

I am not aware of NSA network shutting down-thanks for pointing it out. Looks like it's a bigger problem than I expect.

If not Singtel, who else can help? Samsung, how? I'm not sure... :(
Why don't u just try buy the $5 add on priority pass on ur plan than see if it's still NSA or SA. If on the priority pass it shows SA ,than u are scammed by singtel. 😆 but the most direct way to know is to changed to physical sim and try it on another same galaxy phone to see if it's singtel or samsung problem. 😆
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,339
Reaction score
12,303
Let's say I am able to try out on an iPhone, would it show whether it's SA or NSA like an android phone?

I am not aware of NSA network shutting down-thanks for pointing it out. Looks like it's a bigger problem than I expect.

If not Singtel, who else can help? Samsung, how? I'm not sure... :(

Yes you can show 5G SA or NSA on the iPhone using nperf app.

As mentioned, you have to test on another phone, if the iPhone has no issue, then you have to blame the Samsung phone.
 

Tippytoe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
19
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

I guess you guys are right - I might be barking at the wrong tree with Singtel.

It's a good way to find out by switching to another phone using physical SIM. I shall get them to switch me back to physical SIM and try on my spare iPhone.

@Lonelyoldman80 I'm not comfortable with spending more for the priority pass since the Singtel app already shows I'm in 'priority'. Don't want to be further scammed :LOL:
 

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
714
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

I guess you guys are right - I might be barking at the wrong tree with Singtel.

It's a good way to find out by switching to another phone using physical SIM. I shall get them to switch me back to physical SIM and try on my spare iPhone.

@Lonelyoldman80 I'm not comfortable with spending more for the priority pass since the Singtel app already shows I'm in 'priority'. Don't want to be further scammed :LOL:
Actually for e sim , u can just delete it on ur old phone and reinstalled it on the new phone using the same email qr code which they send you. Don't need to changed to physical sim card but I do prefer to use physical sim card .
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
all 3 lines approved. need to call SIngtel on missing 50GB Malaysia roaming
50gb Malaysia should not be missing. It's just not showing under usage. But u can go to add-on, u should be the free 50gb Malaysia under there. All my 4 lines show the same and had just been activated today under this new plan.
 

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2002
Messages
19,378
Reaction score
453
50gb Malaysia should not be missing. It's just not showing under usage. But u can go to add-on, u should be the free 50gb Malaysia under there. All my 4 lines show the same and had just been activated today under this new plan.
It is missing in the service agreement.
 

Tippytoe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
19
Actually for e sim , u can just delete it on ur old phone and reinstalled it on the new phone using the same email qr code which they send you. Don't need to changed to physical sim card but I do prefer to use physical sim card .
Oh I can do that? Thought the eSIM QR is for one-time use only.

Anyone here using S25 Ultra and Singtel 5G+ plan can verify if your SIM card status shows NSA or SA?

settings > about phone> status information > sim card status
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,451
Reaction score
6,797
Oh I can do that? Thought the eSIM QR is for one-time use only.

Anyone here using S25 Ultra and Singtel 5G+ plan can verify if your SIM card status shows NSA or SA?

settings > about phone> status information > sim card status
IMHO.
You go post in the S25 thread easier.
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,617
Reaction score
178
5G NSA shutdown is for all telcos or just Singtel?

I using on Xperia 1V, iPhone 16 Pro and iPad Pro M1, not sure how worried I should be
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top