[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
This is new. Thanks.

PMGSdta.png


The terms and conditions is much better than previous offer.
https://cdn1.singteldigital.com/con.../12mar26-seniors-6-dollars-340gb-atl-tncs.pdf

Still you need to be careful of excess usage related charges.

1) Free Malaysia 6GB DataRoam Monthly. Applicable to Singtel Mobile Postpaid Residential
customers. Customers will receive free 6GB Malaysia roaming data per month. Excess usage is charged at $5/GB, billed per MB ($0.005/MB). Billing of this plan follows your bill cycle. The plan comes with a 3-month contract period, early terminated charges apply if customer choose to terminate within the contractual period.

2) Free Local data, talktime, SMS/MMS add-ons on SIM Only Plus Plan: The free local and roaming data, talktime and SMS/MMS will be provided to customer every month. If there is any change in the add-ons subscribed, or if the line is terminated, temporarily suspended, transferred or if there is a change of plan, the free data, talktime and SMS/MMS will be terminated immediately, even if the line is still within the 12-month minimum subscription period. For free data promotions, customers must subscribe to the relevant additional data addons in the same transaction that they sign up or change plan to SIM Only Plan. Excess data usage charges of $10.90 per GB capped at $191.51/mth apply. This promotion cannot be combined with other promotions.
Need to port out or get new line to enjoy this offer, what a hassle to change for the seniors at home. :s22:
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
I'm also on the latest Feb 2026 firmware. But why is mine not connecting to the SA network 😭

Wah.. kena smoked by Singtel again... I was told Singtel still using Voice LTE, no voice 5G yet..

i5b6UHm.jpeg
my phone (Honor Magic V5) is also still on VoLTE. and when I asked the CSO, I get the exact same response as yours - 5G is for data only... and voice calls is still over LTE (4G).

but some folks here have shared that their phone shows Vo5G or VoNR... so I dunno whether it's a phone issue, or a telco issue.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
my phone (Honor Magic V5) is also still on VoLTE. and when I asked the CSO, I get the exact same response as yours - 5G is for data only... and voice calls is still over LTE (4G).

but some folks here have shared that their phone shows Vo5G or VoNR... so I dunno whether it's a phone issue, or a telco issue.

It is both a phone and telco issue. They need to work together to get VoNR support.

My Poco X7 Pro also is with VoLTE only and unlikely it will get 5G NR support from SingTel (and maybe M1/StarHub) as well.

More popular brands' (flagship) phones will be more likely to get 5G NR support, like Apple and Samsung, not Poco, not Honor...
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
It is both a phone and telco issue. They need to work together to get VoNR support.

My Poco X7 Pro also is with VoLTE only and unlikely it will get 5G NR support from SingTel (and maybe M1/StarHub) as well.

More popular brands' (flagship) phones will be more likely to get 5G NR support, like Apple and Samsung, not Poco, not Honor...
I'm surprised that Honor Magic v5 is not considered 'flagship' or it's not a popular brand? Yes their service centre is lowkey but I think the brand is quite popular with their mid-range phones.

On the other hand, how come a big telco like Singtel takes such a long time to do their part on getting Vo5G/VoNR onto the phones in SG registered via IMDA?

The whole 'partnership' just doesn't quite click for a place like SG where it's always about efficiency and coverage.

Anyway... I don't really need Vo5G/VoNR, so I'm not pursuing this matter. more concerned about 5G SA and its coverage / drop rate. it seems like 5G SA is non-existent in MRTs underground for me...
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
For those who are interested in VoNR support, you can go to the following thread. Not many phones support VoNR using SingTel network now.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/telcos-support-for-vonr.7034823/

VoNR is a nice to have only feature as of now. So I am not worried about the lack of VoNR support now.

IMDA has directive to get the telcos to move to 5G SA and 5G NSA network will need to shutdown. Not so much push for VoNR yet from IMDA.

4G network and VoLTE will be there for quite long, they will stay even after 6G to be deployed in 2028 to 2030.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
For those who are interested in VoNR support, you can go to the following thread. Not many phones support VoNR using SingTel network now.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/telcos-support-for-vonr.7034823/

VoNR is a nice to have only feature as of now. So I am not worried about the lack of VoNR support now.

IMDA has directive to get the telcos to move to 5G SA and 5G NSA network will need to shutdown. Not so much push for VoNR yet from IMDA.

4G network and VoLTE will be there for quite long, they will stay even after 6G to be deployed in 2028 to 2030.
If I am not wrong for Singtel, only phone models which Singtel carry will support VoNR.
Those models which Singtel doesn't carry will not support VoNR. One good example is Vivo X300Pro doesn't support VoNR but Oppo X9Pro support VoNR.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
If I am not wrong for Singtel, only phone models which Singtel carry will support VoNR.
Those models which Singtel doesn't carry will not support VoNR. One good example is Vivo X300Pro doesn't support VoNR but Oppo X9Pro support VoNR.

Hmm, the reports say Vivo X300 Pro is supported.

Welcome. I'm also on X300 Pro and Zero1 5G SA with VoNR. Now I can hear people's inner voice.:yawn:
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
I'm surprised that Honor Magic v5 is not considered 'flagship' or it's not a popular brand? Yes their service centre is lowkey but I think the brand is quite popular with their mid-range phones.

If I am not wrong for Singtel, only phone models which Singtel carry will support VoNR.
Those models which Singtel doesn't carry will not support VoNR. One good example is Vivo X300Pro doesn't support VoNR but Oppo X9Pro support VoNR.

SingTel does carry Honor Magic V5. Let's see if maumu will get VoNR support later.

Looks like I am wrong about Honor phones' popularity in Singapore. SingTel does carry a few Honor phones. Interestingly they do not carry Vivo X300 Pro, only Vivo X Fold 5 and Vivo X200 FE.
https://shop.singtel.com/
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
Realised from your screenshot that One UI 8.5 changed the 5G icon to one with arrows, instead of just a static 5G in One UI 7 and 8. :o
I never observe the icon much as I can't see those tiny icons also. Sorry, flower eyes.. :cautious:
I also need to use magnifying glass just to see the "Vo5G" icon..
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,618
Reaction score
178
5G NSA shutdown is across the board for SingTel, M1 and StarHub.

SIMBA is exempted.
Ah thanks. This means either 4G or outright 5G SA from now on? Looks like I need to make sure whatever devices I have are 5G SA le

Yes.

There are also other alternatives if you want to stay with the big three's MNO SIM Only plan.

1) SingTel 5G+ Enhanced Lite plan, CIS offer may be at some discount , 12 months contract

2) SingTel SIM Only S$20.37 plan, 12 months contract

3) StarHub 5G Lite plan with Passion Card offer at S$17.6 per month, no contract
https://www.starhub.com/personal/promotions/passioncard.html

4) M1 BeSpoke SIM Only Plan (feedbacks seem to be so-so), no contract

ngl option 3 quite appealing to me, can stay on SH a few months or even also port out some of my SIMBA lines over to them without much issue
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
Ah thanks. This means either 4G or outright 5G SA from now on? Looks like I need to make sure whatever devices I have are 5G SA le

As of now, 5G NSA network is still there and not yet shutdown. I can see 5G NSA quite often from my Singtel S$15.28 plan. I do not think Singtel will be able to shut down 5G NSA network on 1 April 2026.

BTW, occassionally I also saw 5G NSA from Starhub Prepaid S plan.

But yes, 5G NSA network will eventually be shut down, just do not know when it will happen. After that, it will be either 5G SA or 4G LTE.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,386
Reaction score
12,322
ngl option 3 quite appealing to me, can stay on SH a few months or even also port out some of my SIMBA lines over to them without much issue

Yes, Starhub 5G Lite is a fine option if you want to stay with the big three MNO's plan.

StarHub 5G Lite plan with Passion Card offer at S$17.6 per month, no contract
https://www.starhub.com/personal/promotions/passioncard.html

Local
150GB data
1,000 mins & 750 SMS

Roaming
1GB global data
Unlimited calls & SMS (I believe only incoming as this plan has no IDD minutes entitlement)
165 destinations

1GB SEA data
5 destinations
 

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
758
Reaction score
716
This is new. Thanks.

PMGSdta.png


The terms and conditions is much better than previous offer.
https://cdn1.singteldigital.com/con.../12mar26-seniors-6-dollars-340gb-atl-tncs.pdf

Still you need to be careful of excess usage related charges.

1) Free Malaysia 6GB DataRoam Monthly. Applicable to Singtel Mobile Postpaid Residential
customers. Customers will receive free 6GB Malaysia roaming data per month. Excess usage is charged at $5/GB, billed per MB ($0.005/MB). Billing of this plan follows your bill cycle. The plan comes with a 3-month contract period, early terminated charges apply if customer choose to terminate within the contractual period.

2) Free Local data, talktime, SMS/MMS add-ons on SIM Only Plus Plan: The free local and roaming data, talktime and SMS/MMS will be provided to customer every month. If there is any change in the add-ons subscribed, or if the line is terminated, temporarily suspended, transferred or if there is a change of plan, the free data, talktime and SMS/MMS will be terminated immediately, even if the line is still within the 12-month minimum subscription period. For free data promotions, customers must subscribe to the relevant additional data addons in the same transaction that they sign up or change plan to SIM Only Plan. Excess data usage charges of $10.90 per GB capped at $191.51/mth apply. This promotion cannot be combined with other promotions.
This senior plan is really good 👍 tempted to switch to this plan. 😆
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top