[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,303
Reaction score
12,295
SingTel Facebook post at about 12pm today.
********
We are aware that a small number of customers may be experiencing connectivity issues today. This is unrelated to yesterday’s incident.
Our engineers are working urgently on resolving the matter as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,303
Reaction score
12,295
@xiaofan
IMHO.
I always see you posting but your post count like not alot. 🤔

Haha, I am not posting or even reading most of the posts in the EDMW sections so cannot compare with the high runners...

I read a few EDMW posts only. Then I read a bit more of the EDMW posts related to election during GE time but not posting either.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,303
Reaction score
12,295
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

I guess you guys are right - I might be barking at the wrong tree with Singtel.

It's a good way to find out by switching to another phone using physical SIM. I shall get them to switch me back to physical SIM and try on my spare iPhone.

Updates from the following Samsung thread.

He inserted the SIM Card into an iPhone and he could get 5G SA. So looks like there some compatibility issues with SingTel 5G+ SIM Card and some Samsung Galaxy S23/24/25 Ultra phones.

Earlier there was another user who reported same issue for the SingTel S$15.28 SIM Only plan and he is using Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Once he moved out of SingTel to eight 5G plan, he got proper 5G SA connection.

From the report below, staff of Samsung Service Centre at Jem also faced similar issues using either Galaxy S24 Ultra or S25 Ultra.

This is really a strange issue.

Anyone using S25 Ultra with Singtel 5G+ plan? Do you have the option to select Standalone Network?

I am on the latest Feb 2026 Samsung firmware and I do not have the Standalone option despite having a 5G+ plan. I know it's not the Telco issue because when I insert the SIM card into an iphone, I could select the SA option.

Me, there is no option to select standalone network.

In the SIM card status, mine is showing NR SA, which means its on standalone 5G.

Mine is showing NR NSA in the SIM card status.

At first I doubted Singtel but later others from the Singtel thread advised me to switch SIM card, and that's how I learnt it's my phone's problem. 😭

I wonder what could be wrong with my phone and whether the next firmware update will resolve it. It sucks to pay but not able to enjoy the benefits.

Besides going to the Samsung service centre, is there anywhere else (e.g. website) I could get Samsung's assistance?

I was originally using physical sim then switched to eSIM for troubleshooting then back to physical SIM and all scenarios still having the issue.

The latest thing I did was to put the physical SIM in an iPhone and the iPhone could connect to SA network, so I don't think it's a Telco problem.

So I went to Samsung Service Centre at Jem and they were not able to help too. The staff didn't appear to fully understand SA vs NSA. They did, however, installed my SIM on their personal S25 Ultra and S24 Ultra but both are showing NSA still.

Even the staff's 5G+ plan is showing NSA on his own S25 Ultra also.

I requested them to install my SIM on an S26 Ultra to try but they didn't have any on hand, except the demo sets which they claimed it won't work.

In the end, they advised me to call Samsung hotline.🤦

My phone has dual slots but I only use one (Slot 1).

It seems like a problem unique to Singtel SIM and the ultra models. An user from the Samsung Member forum is using S23FE, which is an older model than S25 Ultra, is able to use the SA network according to his SIM Card Status menu.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,303
Reaction score
12,295
SingTel Facebook Post
********

Update as of 5.08PM

Mobile connectivity has been restored for the affected customers.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you're still experiencing issues, please contact us at 1688.

—————————————————————————-

We are aware that a small number of customers may be experiencing connectivity issues today. This is unrelated to yesterday’s incident.

Our engineers are working urgently on resolving the matter as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,379
Reaction score
18,592

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,148
Reaction score
13,170

Singtel hit by second disruption a day after eight-hour outage​

Homemaker Mrs Priscilla Wee, 56, said she had tried many times to turn her phone on and off. She even reloaded her Gomo e-SIM but to no avail.

Frustrated, she terminated her Gomo line on March 17 and opened a new account with Starhub. “The trust factor with Singtel is now gone,” said Mrs Wee.


So Mrs Wee is weak.
So these people better get lines with those no contract plans and can port or terminate as and when network dies...

Starhub better stay awake otherwise Mrs Wee will be busy again.
 

uncle_josh

Master Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
3,127
Reaction score
770
One day incident people wanna port out. Don't be weak!
Homemaker Priscilla Wee, 56, said she had tried many times to turn her phone on and off. She even reloaded her GOMO e-SIM, but to no avail.

She was cut off from mobile connectivity on the morning of March 16, and lamented that she could have missed a call from her clinic about an important medical report.

Frustrated, she terminated her GOMO line on March 17 and opened a new account with StarHub. “The trust factor with Singtel is now gone,” she said.

People not weak.
People just frustrated.
 

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
19,445
Reaction score
6,797
IMHO.
Should interview me.
I rebooted the phone mabe at least 30 times, countless of time switch between airplane mode
I stay on whatsapp chat for 2.5 hours, monitor it until they reply 20 hours later
I stay on 1688 for 1 hour waiting for the tone to leave my contact but no time

P.S. I still thinking of getting sim only. :ROFLMAO:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top