[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Any 5G now service promo? Recon in April and my 3 months trial finished sadly.

Got an 5G service sms for 12 months contract at 2.52/mth. 😢
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,413
Reaction score
12,338
Singtel network caused ā€œconnectingā€¦ā€ on both Telegram and WhatsApp in Orchard Road.

Well done.

Never have issues in Orchard with my Singtel SIM Only plan, either on 5G NSA or 4G. I was in Orchard area last Friday using 4G and no issues at all.
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,887
Reaction score
4,897
Interesting. I was on the road in the car. Centrepoint/Orchard Central.
This is a very different piece of information already.

I was within and walking around the malls you named earlier this week (I think on Tue), and I had no issues with Singtel. Met a friend for dinner at OC and we walked around after. Reception was fine.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,192
This is a very different piece of information already.

I was within and walking around the malls you named earlier this week (I think on Tue), and I had no issues with Singtel. Met a friend for dinner at OC and we walked around after. Reception was fine.
Yeah. I cannot believe it too. Doesn’t make sense that the malls have it and the road doesn’t have it. I was in the car at that time where my apps were showing ā€œconnectingā€¦ā€
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,413
Reaction score
12,338
Interesting. I was on the road in the car. Centrepoint/Orchard Central.

This is a very different piece of information already.

I was within and walking around the malls you named earlier this week (I think on Tue), and I had no issues with Singtel. Met a friend for dinner at OC and we walked around after. Reception was fine.

Most of my signal loss situation with Singtel SIM Only are either on the train or on the bus.

Not an expert in this area so I use Google to see why it is more difficult on the bus/train.

From what I read, Celluar Data reception and speed may be afffected by such situation (in a moving car) as there may be handsoff situation (from one base station to another base station).

Then train can be even worse.

Reference 1: Why do you have poor phone connection when you are in a moving vehicle?
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-you-have-poor-phone-connection-when-you-are-in-a-moving-vehicle

Reference 2: Why do I lose signal in a train but not in a car?
https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/387556/why-do-i-lose-signal-in-a-train-but-not-in-a-car
 

mun

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
109

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,192
Most of my signal loss situation with Singtel SIM Only are either on the train or on the bus.

Not an expert in this area so I use Google to see why it is more difficult on the bus/train.

From what I read, Celluar Data reception and speed may be afffected by such situation (in a moving car) as there may be handsoff situation (from one base station to another base station).

Then train can be even worse.

Reference 1: Why do you have poor phone connection when you are in a moving vehicle?
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-you-have-poor-phone-connection-when-you-are-in-a-moving-vehicle

Reference 2: Why do I lose signal in a train but not in a car?
https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/387556/why-do-i-lose-signal-in-a-train-but-not-in-a-car
Oh. I was actually stationary, not moving. Trapped in the jam.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
anyone ported in their number to the 1 month free SIM Only plan? Did the service agreement mentioned if we didn't respond, will the services be continued for the second month?

https://www.singtel.com/personal/pr..._campaign=esimtryandbuy_ndp2024_greendot_6jul
What happens at the end of the trial?
1. You can continue with this plan on the number provided to you, or a number of your choice.
2. 7 days before your 1-month trial ends, you will be sent a reminder SMS. If you do not want to stay on the plan, follow the instruction there.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/sop-esim
 

x3yang

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
169
Reaction score
53
Oh. I was actually stationary, not moving. Trapped in the jam.
I encounter network issues too. Tried many troubleshooting but still having network issues.

Last solution which finally was effective was that Singtel staff arranged for my 5g to be removed and added back. Network will be totally down for like 10-15mins before they add back and now so far no network issues. Whatsapp and telegram no more showing "connecting" anymore.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
I encounter network issues too. Tried many troubleshooting but still having network issues.

Last solution which finally was effective was that Singtel staff arranged for my 5g to be removed and added back. Network will be totally down for like 10-15mins before they add back and now so far no network issues. Whatsapp and telegram no more showing "connecting" anymore.
That's interesting, this solution was suggested by CS?
 

x3yang

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
169
Reaction score
53
That's interesting, this solution was suggested by CS?

Yes, suggested by their CS after I keep reporting the same matter. I basically started having this issue after I re-contracted with them and now my plan has 5g. (Used to have 4g only)

At the start, was told to change SIM card, then do network reset etc etc. After trying a few solutions that din work for me, the next CS suggested will remove 5g and add back 5g for me to try. Once agreed, just keep waiting until your network suddenly goes off (about 1 hour waiting time) and after about 15mins of downtime, the CS informed me to restart phone and try. After restart phone can see network is back and everything seems ok so far already. I am back to having seamless mobile connection again.
 

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
21,294
Reaction score
161
after changing sim card.
now it tend to stick to 5g SA and not switching to 4g when signal goes weak.
it almost unusable on train during peak hour.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top