[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Just received my first Singtel bill.

Looks like they cleaned up their act and prorated charge me very fair for my first partial month. Line was ported in on 20/06 2AM and they indeed charge me from 20/06 instead of the day before (or was it M1 that's dirty?)

Anyone knows the best payment mode for Singtel bill?

Cos I have read before using their Singtel Dash can get 5% cashback. Is that still true?

P.S: That Dash 5% cashback needs to sign up for their Etiqa Insurance ILP PET account so I don't bother to complicate things and paid by CC get my miles sua.. :s22:
 
Last edited:

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,101
Reaction score
1,249
Just received my first Singtel bill.

Looks like they cleaned up their act and prorated charge me very fair for my first partial month. Line was ported in on 20/06 2AM and they indeed charge me from 20/06 instead of the day before (or was it M1 that's dirty?)

Anyone knows the best payment mode for Singtel bill?

Cos I have read before using their Singtel Dash can get 5% cashback. Is that still true?

P.S: That Dash 5% cashback needs to sign up for their Etiqa Insurance ILP PET account so I don't bother to complicate things and paid by CC get my miles sua.. :s22:
DBS yuu card via Singtel kiosk.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
DBS yuu card via Singtel kiosk.
I don't have yuu card though.. Now then know they glow up so much with 17.5% cashback. It was sh1t when they first launched and my area quite few yuu merchants to spend on.. :(
 

radon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
998
Reaction score
89
Just redeemed my free Disney+ Premium 6 mths subscription (no contract). This is explicitly stated on SingTel app.

This is unlike those under 2 years contract plans where they are only given 3 mths free but tied to a 12 mths Disney+ contract. :crazy:

n7KOtUD.jpeg


Just follow the link and redemption was rather a breeze over their WhatsApp chatbot system. At the end, I can apply the subscription on my existing account. To cancel, just manage it on SingTel app.

KoitzoQ.jpeg


Just nice got new shows I want to watch so it makes my Singtel SIM Only 45 line subscription seems even cheaper!

$32.10/mth x 12 = $385.20
- $40 (Razer Orochi V2 Mouse estimated market value)
- ($15.98 x 6 = $95.88) = $249.32
Avg: $249.32 ÷ 12 = $20.78/mth

Moreover, I just found out also can subscribe to cheaper Spotify/Apple Music subscription with free 3 mths some more on their Singtel CAST thingy.

Shall try it out once my current month Spotify expires. :s12:
Don't see the Disney+ in my app le.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Don't see the Disney+ in my app le.
Not available as addon. It is given as part of new SIM Only Plus plan sign up. If you didn't opt out, they will auto send you a SMS for redemption once line commences.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,158
Reaction score
3,191
I don't have yuu card though.. Now then know they glow up so much with 17.5% cashback. It was sh1t when they first launched and my area quite few yuu merchants to spend on.. :(
UOB One Card
POSB Everyday Card
OCBC 365 Card
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
UOB One Card
POSB Everyday Card
OCBC 365 Card
All those need to hit minimum spending $800 to qualify means they have to be my main card.

I went with Citi Rewards + Amaze for miles as I am online shopaholic (some of those here knows :s13: )
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,158
Reaction score
3,191
All those need to hit minimum spending $800 to qualify means they have to be my main card.

I went with Citi Rewards + Amaze for miles as I am online shopaholic (some of those here knows :s13: )
Sounds like a good combo too. Are you using that combo for miles or 2.27% cashback?
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Sounds like a good combo too. Are you using that combo for miles or 2.27% cashback?
Strictly for miles chasing. Since this combo is full 4 mpd for all spending capped at $1000. Miles are so much more worth it for getting free airline tickets. It's 2.27% cashback actual $ value is a far cry way less than the ticket price (even on promo deals) of same destinations.

I have another secondary card: SCB Smart card giving 6% cashback for daily SimplyGo commutes, fast food and online service subscriptions like Netflix Spotify etc.. Mpd even better @ 5.565 (for qualifying merchants) I am still thinking whether to encash the cashback or convert into miles.
 
Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Time to face the music Singtel. 😡

Earlier today I had a long voice call in Simei (particularly inside East Point Mall) and I was literally speechless. Convo kept dropping as signal switched very frequently between 5G SA, 5G NSA and 4G+. Call was still active, just that incoming voice got cutted off (like no incoming data) whenever signal switched.

Buay tahan so switched over to WhatsApp call and it got much more stable. Yet heading down the mall basement literally paused the Convo as signal bar reached 0 but still on 5G SA signal. Basically 'airplane mode' got signal no data.

Then at Simei MRT inside train cabin, signal dropped to 3G & H+.

This is unacceptable Singtel. Especially for a town centre and their main shopping mall. Does Singtel low key hates Simei?

I couldn't try my secondary Giga line as SIM card away for time being. What a time for this.

Anyone else can corroborate with my experience for those staying at Simei?

I am paying $32/mth so I am flexing my rights to rant. 💪
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,884
Reaction score
4,894
Time to face the music Singtel. 😡

Earlier today I had a long voice call in Simei (particularly inside East Point Mall) and I was literally speechless. Convo kept dropping as signal switched very frequently between 5G SA, 5G NSA and 4G+. Call was still active, just that incoming voice got cutted off (like no incoming data) whenever signal switched.

Buay tahan so switched over to WhatsApp call and it got much more stable. Yet heading down the mall basement literally paused the Convo as signal bar reached 0 but still on 5G SA signal. Basically 'airplane mode' got signal no data.

Then at Simei MRT inside train cabin, signal dropped to 3G & H+.

This is unacceptable Singtel. Especially for a town centre and their main shopping mall. Does Singtel low key hates Simei?

I couldn't try my secondary Giga line as SIM card away for time being. What a time for this.

Anyone else can corroborate with my experience for those staying at Simei?

I am paying $32/mth so I am flexing my rights to rant. 💪
Feedback to IMDA.
 

obedwgy

Member
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
148
Reaction score
95
My friend on singtel sim only also complain worse than gomo in term of speed, I guess is their 5G SA problem.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,158
Reaction score
3,191
Anyone signed up for the free 1 month trial eSIM plan and not able to upload documents for verification?
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Time to face the music Singtel. 😡

Earlier today I had a long voice call in Simei (particularly inside East Point Mall) and I was literally speechless. Convo kept dropping as signal switched very frequently between 5G SA, 5G NSA and 4G+. Call was still active, just that incoming voice got cutted off (like no incoming data) whenever signal switched.

Buay tahan so switched over to WhatsApp call and it got much more stable. Yet heading down the mall basement literally paused the Convo as signal bar reached 0 but still on 5G SA signal. Basically 'airplane mode' got signal no data.

Then at Simei MRT inside train cabin, signal dropped to 3G & H+.

This is unacceptable Singtel. Especially for a town centre and their main shopping mall. Does Singtel low key hates Simei?

I couldn't try my secondary Giga line as SIM card away for time being. What a time for this.

Anyone else can corroborate with my experience for those staying at Simei?

I am paying $32/mth so I am flexing my rights to rant. 💪
Earlier afternoon their CSO gave a call to me saying the workaround right now is to use WiFi calling in the mall for the time being while they need some time to address the issue. Simeians please monitor and pray for you peeps. 🙏

Luckily I won't be there ever until next few years probably lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top