[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

Groudon

Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
360
Reaction score
139
Singtel 5G+ is simply the base service now for Singtel and GOMO's mobile service plans. So, 5G+ Enhanced and 5G+ Priority are just ways to provide additional differentiated service tiers and priority levels for different types of service. Note that MVNOs don't get access to 5G+ since there isn't any 5G SA support.

So the tiers now look something like this (updated):
5G - MVNOs
5G+ - GOMO (NSA-only)
5G+ Enhanced - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Lite, Core, Phone Plans: XS, S, M
5G+ Priority - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Plus, Ultra, Phone Plans: L, Pro, Fam
 
Last edited:

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,426
Reaction score
483
Singtel 5G+ is simply the base service now for Singtel and GOMO's mobile service plans. So, 5G+ Enhanced and 5G+ Priority are just ways to provide additional differentiated service tiers and priority levels for different types of service. Note that MVNOs don't get access to 5G+ since there isn't any 5G SA support.

So the tiers now look something like this:
5G - MVNOs
5G+ - GOMO
5G+ Enhanced - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Lite, Core, Phone Plans: XS, S, M
5G+ Priority - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Plus, Ultra, Phone Plans: L, Pro, Fam
Gomo still only 5G NSA right?
 

mahler_qs

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
123
Singtel 5G+ is simply the base service now for Singtel and GOMO's mobile service plans. So, 5G+ Enhanced and 5G+ Priority are just ways to provide additional differentiated service tiers and priority levels for different types of service. Note that MVNOs don't get access to 5G+ since there isn't any 5G SA support.

So the tiers now look something like this (updated):
5G - MVNOs
5G+ - GOMO (NSA-only)
5G+ Enhanced - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Lite, Core, Phone Plans: XS, S, M
5G+ Priority - Singtel SIM Only Plans: Plus, Ultra, Phone Plans: L, Pro, Fam
hmm just wondering how do Singtel's 5G+ differ from the other 2 main telcos given that the 2 other telcos are on standalone NSA infrastructure in the first instance.
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,426
Reaction score
483
hmm just wondering how do Singtel's 5G+ differ from the other 2 main telcos given that the 2 other telcos are on standalone NSA infrastructure in the first instance.
SingTel activated the 700MHz band for 5G that’s why they name it 5G+ now. Only plans from SingTel have SA if you use a 5G SIM card
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
I’ve been on the $15 SIM-only plan for almost a month now, and overall, my experience has been very positive. However, I’ve noticed network issues particularly around town area MRT stations, such as Outram Park.

May I know what is causing these outages? Could it be a capacity issue due to the heavy crowding at these stations? I understand this has been an ongoing concern for a number of years, and I’ve seen multiple complaints on HWZ without much improvement.

Would upgrading to 5G+, 5G+ Enhanced, or 5G+ Priority help with the connectivity in these areas?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
I’ve been on the $15 SIM-only plan for almost a month now, and overall, my experience has been very positive. However, I’ve noticed network issues particularly around town area MRT stations, such as Outram Park.

May I know what is causing these outages? Could it be a capacity issue due to the heavy crowding at these stations? I understand this has been an ongoing concern for a number of years, and I’ve seen multiple complaints on HWZ without much improvement.

Would upgrading to 5G+, 5G+ Enhanced, or 5G+ Priority help with the connectivity in these areas?
Since this is a recent rollout, nobody will have an exact answer and moreover experiences are subjective depending on individual frequented locations.
By theory, network slicing should provide better experience. But ultimately, implementation is key.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379
Who has signed up for the Priority Plus/Ultra? The built in mobile protect I think is too aggressive. My aliexpress app is no longer able to connect, but can connect with wifi.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,838
Reaction score
2,284
Who has signed up for the Priority Plus/Ultra? The built in mobile protect I think is too aggressive. My aliexpress app is no longer able to connect, but can connect with wifi.
I think that's under "VAS" Value Added Service and can be unsubscribe.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379

botoguy

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
190
I’ve been on the $15 SIM-only plan for almost a month now, and overall, my experience has been very positive. However, I’ve noticed network issues particularly around town area MRT stations, such as Outram Park.

May I know what is causing these outages? Could it be a capacity issue due to the heavy crowding at these stations? I understand this has been an ongoing concern for a number of years, and I’ve seen multiple complaints on HWZ without much improvement.

Would upgrading to 5G+, 5G+ Enhanced, or 5G+ Priority help with the connectivity in these areas?
Whats ttttt
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top