[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

zeroangel

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if the Singtel SIM-Only plan (the $15.28 promo one) will receive priority over MVNOs? I am currently on Zero1 and just came back on the MRT I basically had no data in the tunnels and even between some MRT stations its so frustrating.
 

Keith8896

Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
101
Reaction score
4
Has anyone managed to receive the Sennheiser ACCENTUM True Wireless Earbuds freebies?

I was asked to fill out some forms 2–3 weeks ago and was told to wait 30 days. However, I haven't received any updates since—no information on whether I need to collect them or if they will be mailed.
The freebies are real PAIN !!!!
T&C written 30 days after activation, chat and call multiple times - no solution other than WAIT!!!!

Waited till 26 April (near to 2 months after activation), email came.

NOW, same situation as you. Another 30 days.
This will be last Singtel service.
 

mahler_qs

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
123
Does anyone know if the Singtel SIM-Only plan (the $15.28 promo one) will receive priority over MVNOs? I am currently on Zero1 and just came back on the MRT I basically had no data in the tunnels and even between some MRT stations its so frustrating.
I would think so at some point of time.

Had a chat with one Singtel person recently regarding Gomo and Singtel. I gave a feedback that I dont see any difference between Gomo (my 2nd line which I got to try out before deciding to port over from M1 to Singtel MNO) and Singtel MNO. I understood from the Singtel person that with data splicing (5G+ priority has been rolled out in April 25) and 5G+ enhanced rollout this August 2025, Singtel as MNO will differentiate itself from Gomo. That led me to believe that Singtel MNO is on the path to differentiate itself from the other MVNOs that piggyback on its infrastructure, including its own Gomo. I have no intel - thats just my view.
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,426
Reaction score
483
Does anyone know if the Singtel SIM-Only plan (the $15.28 promo one) will receive priority over MVNOs? I am currently on Zero1 and just came back on the MRT I basically had no data in the tunnels and even between some MRT stations its so frustrating.
Mobile network in tunnel & MRT should be all common backbone due to limited infrastructure coverage. So maybe all around the same.
But there should be some level of priorities for outdoor network or malls.

With 5G splicing, Singtel can do more by having different "layers" . So i think Singtel would probably give it's own customer base better network.
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,426
Reaction score
483
For those knowledgeable in this, does the 5G priority plans simply means stronger signal bars on the mobile phone's status bar?
This is what Singtel claiming in the FAQ

Singtel 5G+ Priority

1. What is Singtel 5G+ Priority?

Singtel 5G+ Priority is all about an experience that puts you FIRST:

  • First on our 5G+ Priority Lane, always. With 4X the speed.
  • First to detect emerging threats with advanced real-time monitoring with Mobile Protect, at no additional cost.
  • First to enjoy this unparalleled security with Mobile Protect while you roam.
  • First to be served, always. Enjoy dedicated in-store, hotline & chat service.
  • First to pre-order the latest devices. Enjoy FREE delivery, exclusive deals and 15% OFF selected mobile accessories at Singtel shops.

2. What is Priority Lane?

Being on the 5G+ Priority Lane means your mobile connectivity is always put first on our network. Just like how the front of an aircraft is reserved for premium customers, priority customers have a dedicated 'slice' of the Singtel 5G+ network. When you’re on the Priority Lane, your connections are prioritised, always first and 4X faster—just like your luggage with a priority tag.

Singtel 5G+ Enhanced

1. What is 5G+ Enhanced?

Singtel 5G+ Enhanced is all about enjoying the power of MORE:
  • More coverage, more speed. Enjoy 2X faster speed, in every moment.
  • More coverage, worldwide. Roam confidently with trusted network partners across >80 destinations.
  • More support, with 24/7 hotline & chat.
  • More peace of mind, wherever you go—with free McAfee Mobile Security.
  • More for you, including deals on the latest phones.
2. What is Enhanced Network?

Enhanced Network means more coverage and more speed. Enjoy enhanced coverage even deep indoors, in lifts and underground—at 2X faster speed, in every moment.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
This is what Singtel claiming in the FAQ

Singtel 5G+ Priority

1. What is Singtel 5G+ Priority?

Singtel 5G+ Priority is all about an experience that puts you FIRST:

  • First on our 5G+ Priority Lane, always. With 4X the speed.
  • First to detect emerging threats with advanced real-time monitoring with Mobile Protect, at no additional cost.
  • First to enjoy this unparalleled security with Mobile Protect while you roam.
  • First to be served, always. Enjoy dedicated in-store, hotline & chat service.
  • First to pre-order the latest devices. Enjoy FREE delivery, exclusive deals and 15% OFF selected mobile accessories at Singtel shops.

2. What is Priority Lane?

Being on the 5G+ Priority Lane means your mobile connectivity is always put first on our network. Just like how the front of an aircraft is reserved for premium customers, priority customers have a dedicated 'slice' of the Singtel 5G+ network. When you’re on the Priority Lane, your connections are prioritised, always first and 4X faster—just like your luggage with a priority tag.

Singtel 5G+ Enhanced

1. What is 5G+ Enhanced?

Singtel 5G+ Enhanced is all about enjoying the power of MORE:
  • More coverage, more speed. Enjoy 2X faster speed, in every moment.
  • More coverage, worldwide. Roam confidently with trusted network partners across >80 destinations.
  • More support, with 24/7 hotline & chat.
  • More peace of mind, wherever you go—with free McAfee Mobile Security.
  • More for you, including deals on the latest phones.
2. What is Enhanced Network?

Enhanced Network means more coverage and more speed. Enjoy enhanced coverage even deep indoors, in lifts and underground—at 2X faster speed, in every moment.
Yeah, I saw this but in real world terms, does this actually improve the signal strength? (higher dBm)
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
Yeah, I saw this but in real world terms, does this actually improve the signal strength? (higher dBm)

It doesn't increase signal strength, cos signal strength depends on distance to base station, wall blockage, interference etc.

What it promises is data rate, ie. speed.
 

SoulEraser

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
119
my experience in crowded areas when 5G signal is strong but internet connection is spotty:

singtel prepaid > vivifi > singtel postpaid sim only > heya

singtel prepaid has the best consistency. the $15.28 plan sucks, almost on par with other singtel mvnos
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,161
Reaction score
13,175
my experience in crowded areas when 5G signal is strong but internet connection is spotty:

singtel prepaid > vivifi > singtel postpaid sim only > heya

singtel prepaid has the best consistency. the $15.28 plan sucks, almost on par with other singtel mvnos
If Singtel Prepaid also sucks, our precious tourists would've gone 😑😑😑

:cry:
 

mahler_qs

Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
183
Reaction score
123
my experience in crowded areas when 5G signal is strong but internet connection is spotty:

singtel prepaid > vivifi > singtel postpaid sim only > heya

singtel prepaid has the best consistency. the $15.28 plan sucks, almost on par with other singtel mvnos
Isn't the $15.28/mth plan the same (in terms of network) as all other SingTel Sim-Only Postpaid Plan? I dont think they differentiate their network coverage for postpaid plans?
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,826
agreed, somehow the prepaid is better than postpaid...... then the cheapest 5G is at $15 lol
like doesn't make sense to go for their $15.28 plan with 12 month contract plan.... :censored:
SIM%20Card_Front_Red.png

8ENWb2m.png
 

SoulEraser

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
119
Isn't the $15.28/mth plan the same (in terms of network) as all other SingTel Sim-Only Postpaid Plan? I dont think they differentiate their network coverage for postpaid plans?
bandwidth management. note that in my experiences, all 5G signals are at the max bar.

this just means that there are lesser prepaid and vivifi users in the area.
 

jess_sy

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
2,426
Reaction score
483
my experience in crowded areas when 5G signal is strong but internet connection is spotty:

singtel prepaid > vivifi > singtel postpaid sim only > heya

singtel prepaid has the best consistency. the $15.28 plan sucks, almost on par with other singtel mvnos
agreed, somehow the prepaid is better than postpaid...... then the cheapest 5G is at $15 lol
like doesn't make sense to go for their $15.28 plan with 12 month contract plan.... :censored:
SIM%20Card_Front_Red.png

8ENWb2m.png
why you all say prepaid better? What difference you all experienced ah?

did Speedtest?
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,826
why you all say prepaid better? What difference you all experienced ah?

did Speedtest?
this is just my own exp,
more or less the same.
But the connectivity is more consistency on prepaid card.

i always wonder why people like to buy singtel prepaid card. really top notch.

singtel prepaid are
cheaper than singtel postpaid plan
contract-less
won't overpay
data rollover
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,826
my ST line contract over, how to port the number to this plan using the link?

just fill up can already and it will port over the number?
u can recontract via this link.
or
use ur sms special link to recontract via whatapps.
or
go to singtel shop to recontract (told by singtel cso)
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
managed to recontract to the $15 plan from the $32 sim only plan with about 2.5mths of contract remaining.

seems like 3 mths or lesser you can try liao.

I tried at the start of the mth but wasn't successful as i still had about 3mth+ left.

I just recontract from my 30sgd+mouse promo contract to the 15sgd contract.

A number of years back, singtel recontracts are usually ridden with useless payware add ons. Now this dishonest practice is gone! Good riddance, lol! Credit to the management for turning over a new leaf. Respect!

I was originally on GOMO on Jun 2024. Upon seeing the 30SGD with free mouse offer on Singtel SIM-only plan then, I jumped ship. On 1st April this year, I was offered 15SGD plan and I hopped onto the current 15 bucks bandwagon.
I guess I am missing out on this.

Do you both mean you manage to kickstart early your new $15/mth plan 12 mths contract? Even before your previous $32/mth Razor mouse plan completes full 12 mths (suppose to end in June 2025)?

I haven't receive any invitation offer from Singtel leh.. :(
 

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
72,511
Reaction score
2,488
I guess I am missing out on this.

Do you both mean you manage to kickstart early your new $15/mth plan 12 mths contract? Even before your previous $32/mth Razor mouse plan completes full 12 mths (suppose to end in June 2025)?

I haven't receive any invitation offer from Singtel leh.. :(
i signed up using one of the links xiaofan posted. They didn't SMS me also.

Yep i recontracted early.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top