[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,349
Reaction score
2,743
Confirmed that S25U indeed getting VoNR via main SingTel as for its sub brand GOMO, as of today still on 5G NSA + VoLTE, they haven't make the switch yet.
 
Last edited:

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,152
Reaction score
3,189
Maybe I should have also said this, hahaha

I'm currently on the $20 plan. Left 2 weeks to end of contract so hesitating to recon to $15 or jump out and back to vivifi.
Jump out and try other options. You can always come back but just not directly.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,152
Reaction score
3,189
I saw some talking about SingTel billing. I have a -$100 rounded credit with SingTel.
 

Asus80

Master Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
2,643
Reaction score
282
rich $$ !! last time i also have -$200+ from M1 then they deducted slowly for my broadband...
Because last every month singtel bill cost me $300 to $400 & as last time GrabPay debit card every month win 25,000 GrabRewards point challenge need to top up $1300 & spent $1200 get GrabRewards point. Grab remove the debit card so no more already & now Grab Rewards points get less & less
 
Last edited:

1a2a3a

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
59
Any telco to recommend? Currently with vivifi. But red line towards cbd everyone look at phone and I look at their phone…
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,152
Reaction score
3,189
Singtel still owe me $$$ as last time I have 5 singtel line, fiber broadband & TV all in one as I cancel fiber broadband last month as now I no more in singtel service & 5 mobile line also port out already

Wtf. Owe you $600+
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,339
Reaction score
12,303
Any telco to recommend? Currently with vivifi. But red line towards cbd everyone look at phone and I look at their phone…

Seems none of the Mobile Operators are good.

I only tested a few times Singtel 5G/4G on the North South Lines from Raffles Place to Orchard and the results are not very good, probably due to congestion, worst is Orchard MRT station.

Then the feedbacks seem to indicate StarHub is also not good. I guess no need to check out M1 and SIMBA already.
https://www.reddit.com/r/askSingapore/s/iVqhdoV5YB

One answer in the above Reddit link may offer a good explanation of the situation.

Subjective based on where you stay. Certain part of the underground StarHub can be better but based on personal usage pattern when operating mostly in the central, north east and east. Singtel seems to be better except for part of north east but during high traffic timing, it will be unusable. My understanding is there is limited number of client per base station and underground have limited base station per square metre so if a telco have high user base it will cause issue with the connection. Basically full bar signal but unable to load anything. So the best telco is dependent on where you are and where you go at what timing. I doubt there is really a best one for everyone.
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,339
Reaction score
12,303
Is there any reason there's not much discussion or anyone recommend Prepaid instead? (https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/prepaid-plans)
Seems like it offer so much more for less; comparing to SIM only (https://www.singtel.com/personal/mobile/plans/sim-only)

Am I missing something?

Yes, you have missed something. Please go back one page to check what you have missed.

Singtel S$15.28 per month recontract offer (not for port-in, not for new sign-up) is still the best value among Singtel plans (not counting the senior plan).

$15 prepaid plan better than any other contract plan 😂

$15 SIM card
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/prepaid-plans/hi-sim-cards

200GB 5G+ data for 28 days
30GB Roaming
(Malaysia, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Thailand)
500 Local Mins & 100 Local SMS
Up to 500 IDD Mins
hi!Rewards welcome gift (worth $10)
Free Viu Premium (worth 8.98/mth)
Free $15 Main Account Credits
SIM validity 90 days
*Bonus data will be credited within 3 working days

But got one big problem : Cannot port in from postpaid.
BTW, any one tested VoWifi on this plan ?

Yeah I know that's an issue.

But it's pretty funny prepaid sold in every 7-11 is a significantly better deal than a "loophole" postpaid plan that everyone is trying to hop on.

True in a way, but that 28 days is...........

A big problem is that the data is only for 28 days. After that the data plan is no longer as good as the first 28 days.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/prepaid-plans/hi-topup-cards
S$15 top up for:
100GB 5G Data
5GB roaming (Malaysia, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Thailand)
 
Last edited:

1a2a3a

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
1,712
Reaction score
59
I have friends that are on Singtel but tell me the experience also not guarantee. Makes me wonder how I keep seeing people in the train doom scrolling like funfair like that.

anyway, how to get the $15 plan ah?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,402
Reaction score
18,595
I have friends that are on Singtel but tell me the experience also not guarantee. Makes me wonder how I keep seeing people in the train doom scrolling like funfair like that.

anyway, how to get the $15 plan ah?
sometimes there is a cache, it downloads some at background. You try turning off data or wifi, you will still be able to scroll tiktok for a few videos. Hence, it gives people the illusion that it's smooth.

Try streaming twitch video and will sure buffer if it's 4G or congested areas
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,339
Reaction score
12,303
I have friends that are on Singtel but tell me the experience also not guarantee. Makes me wonder how I keep seeing people in the train doom scrolling like funfair like that.

anyway, how to get the $15 plan ah?

Search this thread. I have shared multiple times.
 

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
7,349
Reaction score
2,743
just to add on for the singtel prepaid if it does matter, their 5G+ will not connect to SA network, only NSA network only.
For now, things will change soon in the coming months once all sub-brand and more MVNO tap into the 5G SA network, they are migrating now as there will not be any NSA in the 5G end state.

The next phase will be for traffic light main telco to upgrade to 5G-Advanced aka 5.5G, the middle stop gap before 6G.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,152
Reaction score
3,189
I have friends that are on Singtel but tell me the experience also not guarantee. Makes me wonder how I keep seeing people in the train doom scrolling like funfair like that.

anyway, how to get the $15 plan ah?
Nothing is certain. It all depends on congestion also.

The only things certain in life are death and taxes.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,152
Reaction score
3,189
For now, things will change soon in the coming months once all sub-brand and more MVNO tap into the 5G SA network, they are migrating now as there will not be any NSA in the 5G end state.

The next phase will be for traffic light main telco to upgrade to 5G-Advanced aka 5.5G, the middle stop gap before 6G.
Speaking of 6G, target is earliest 2028.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top