[Official] SingTel SIM Only Plans

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,366
Reaction score
12,309
I went out of SingTel because the signal bar is too bad for my area.

Now that I can do a comparison, the overnight drain difference is VERY SIGNIFICANT.

I am on StarHub now and overnight less than 1%. On SingTel, I could lose 50% easily.

Indeed there are places StarHub 5G plan is better than SingTel 5G plan.

My test shows my StarHub Prepaid S 5G legacy plan (at S$3 per month for 80GB data, special Happy Prepaid Card migration offer) is better than Singtel S$15.28 plan at my workplace and NSL underground MRT stations. But then Singtel S$15.28 plan is better at EWL underground MRT stations.

With both lines on my Poco X7 Pro dual SIM phone (total S$18.28 per month), I have not encountered any real issues for local usages including MRT rides except some lifts. Please take note I commute daily use public bus and seldom take MRT during peak time.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
From 12 months contract S$15.28 plan to no contract S$19.25 Enhanced+ Lite plan? That is very likely to be rejected if you have not finished the contract as it is likely to be considered as a downgrade.

By right it should be okay if you change from 12 months contract S$15.28 plan to 12 months contract S$19.25 Enhanced+ Lite plan as it is likely to be considered as an upgrade.
No, they rejected my recontract to 19.25 with 12 months contract which I am quite surprised...
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
No, they rejected my recontract to 19.25 with 12 months contract which I am quite surprised...
@xiaofan

Me too, I've the same problem. My contract ends 15.28 April 2027.

I don't expect this, pretty surprising. Singtel got money on the floor doesn't wanna pick up?1
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
@xiaofan

Me too, I've the same problem. My contract ends 15.28 April 2027.

I don't expect this, pretty surprising. Singtel got money on the floor doesn't wanna pick up?1
Erm, your contract end date correct for the year? Still got more than 6mths to Apr 2027. :p
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
Erm, your contract end date correct for the year? Still got more than 6mths to Apr 2027. :p
From my understanding, by right, upgrade should not have to worry about contract balance.

It's free money and Singtel should cheerfully accept it - except now it isn't.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
From my understanding, by right, upgrade should not have to worry about contract balance.

It's free money and Singtel should cheerfully accept it - except now it isn't.
I see, perhaps Singtel too rich liao...
Mind sharing what made you want to recontract so early? Same like me, having poor connectivity with 15.28 plan?

Anyway might be a good thing for me for the rejection, saw the improved maxx plan after I submitted, so give me the chance to try maxx.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
I'll only be keen to upgrade to 19.25 if the enhanced 2x speed means I can smoothly surf the net / be connected when underground MRT.

anyone using the 19.25 plan and tested the network underground?
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
Since I won't be able to port out before the 15.28 contract expired so I went to unsubscribe those freebies that will be chargeable after the contract expired and note something from the revised agreement they sent me.
* Not sure if there will be further changes after my actual expiry on 10 Aug.

- 50% discount off the plan price till 2028 i.e. plan remained as 15.28 after expiry.
- caller id fee waived till 2028 as well.
- added free 120gb of local data with no specific duration.
 

-Grift-

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
Since I won't be able to port out before the 15.28 contract expired so I went to unsubscribe those freebies that will be chargeable after the contract expired and note something from the revised agreement they sent me.
* Not sure if there will be further changes after my actual expiry on 10 Aug.

- 50% discount off the plan price till 2028 i.e. plan remained as 15.28 after expiry.
- caller id fee waived till 2028 as well.
- added free 120gb of local data with no specific duration.
Similar boat. $15.28 and free caller ID till 2028 per new service agreement. The data bundle expiry/add-on looks messy, will have to wait for next cycle to see how much data I’m actually left with.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,158
Reaction score
3,191
I'll only be keen to upgrade to 19.25 if the enhanced 2x speed means I can smoothly surf the net / be connected when underground MRT.

anyone using the 19.25 plan and tested the network underground?
No difference from all the Singtel MNO plans on a normal day.
 

wensong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2001
Messages
980
Reaction score
3
I'll only be keen to upgrade to 19.25 if the enhanced 2x speed means I can smoothly surf the net / be connected when underground MRT.

anyone using the 19.25 plan and tested the network underground?

which telco can smoothly connect all the time while underground mrt? hahahaha... the 19.25 plan is only the 15 plan with unlimited data and more roaming data in Malaysia....
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
No difference from all the Singtel MNO plans on a normal day.
which telco can smoothly connect all the time while underground mrt? hahahaha... the 19.25 plan is only the 15 plan with unlimited data and more roaming data in Malaysia....
then the 2x speed or bandwidth means nothing... will stick to 15.28 plan lor
 

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2001
Messages
8,883
Reaction score
4,893
I'll only be keen to upgrade to 19.25 if the enhanced 2x speed means I can smoothly surf the net / be connected when underground MRT.

anyone using the 19.25 plan and tested the network underground?
The issue of reception underground is one of coverage.

Priority means nothing if you have no coverage.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
The issue of reception underground is one of coverage.

Priority means nothing if you have no coverage.
there is coverage in underground trains.. at least that's from my experience.

what I feel about the issue is the connection will always cut itself for a few seconds when moving from one station to another.

I read before that it's got to do with the 'handshake' between the different cell broadcasters at the two stations.
 

Lonelyoldman80

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
756
Reaction score
714
there is coverage in underground trains.. at least that's from my experience.

what I feel about the issue is the connection will always cut itself for a few seconds when moving from one station to another.

I read before that it's got to do with the 'handshake' between the different cell broadcasters at the two stations.
From my experience when I was using the priority plus plan , during underground along circle line , the coverage and data speed was much better than the singtel senior $6 plan.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
which telco can smoothly connect all the time while underground mrt? hahahaha... the 19.25 plan is only the 15 plan with unlimited data and more roaming data in Malaysia....
Actually the 15.28 plan was all ok and acceptable for me until April 2026 onwards.
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
what happened after April 2026?
Does anyone feel that ever since the recent disruptions, connectivity not as good as before? I am on 15.28 plan.

Can be having 5G + full bars but slow connection, may even hit unable to display page or timeout for payment related.

Feedback to ST, they checking and going to guide me through some checks to see any improvements (still waiting for their responses as of now.)
As above and recently getting worse, I received no network msgs popping up on and off.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top