Official Xperia Z Thread

v1hypersg

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Messages
872
Reaction score
28
when I press power button, I cannot power off my phone,

do i need to send the phone for repair ?
 

casshern

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
3,670
Reaction score
0
Just Got my set last weekend.
impression for these few days: the Vibration is so strong!

Yes. Comparing with previous Xperia models, the vibrator on Xperia Z is the strongest among all. =:p

Vibrator? I hope you are not in the wrong thread. :D

My TX vibration also strong, it literally dances on the table when it rings. :D


this comic again

vibrate.png
 

Angteko

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

I just got my white XZ 4 days back...and i'm very impress!!! Love the phone very much. I was a user of X10, Arc, XS and now XZ
However, it has some flaws

Things I like
1) Very smooth!!! The smoothest andriod i tried so far. Tried S3, Note, Note 2. I loaded with my old pic, video etc and took up 80% of space and yet no lag at all!! Not sure is it jelly bean or the phone

2) Very chio physical look and good build. In fact, i like that glass at the back, which provide some friction when i hold it with 1 hand. Am going to get the clear SP from Jimmy. But so far..no finger print on phone yet. Weird!

3) Screen is nice and bright enough. Dont understand when pple commented viewing angle wash out color, bright sun cannot see. Mine was perfect! Under bright sun cannot see just blast it to 100% loh

4) Batt also quite solid for the 1st few days. I only charge once per day. Same usage as I use my XS. I dont use those setting in the power managemnet. I think its useless. And overnight standby sibei ho, no drop in batt %!!

Things i dont like

1) GPS got issue after i upgrade the software. Think is software issue. Cant on! I google and found the work ard, is to use a software call map finder. Somehow this navigator software able to turn on the GPS! Anybody knows how to solve this?

2) WIFI very weak. Using XS, my wifi connection can maintain in further distance. But this keep dropping. Must be nearer to modem

3) Camera really sucks big time. Auto mode indoor shooting alot of noise, use normal mode slightly better. Still trying out how best to use it. And y 12MB and 9MB different in size?? Then whats the point of having 13MB cam?? Any advice?

Overall i still very much love this phone!!
 

jazzman80

Master Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
4,787
Reaction score
0
Can't get rid the telco preloaded apps despite I did a reset.
Does it help if I reflash the stock ROM on Sony site?
 

shadey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
6,780
Reaction score
721
when I press power button, I cannot power off my phone,

do i need to send the phone for repair ?

Nope. Seems a common bug. Hold the power button and the volume up button at the same time for 3 seconds to reboot your phone.
 

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,742
Reaction score
0
gmail notification is not working sometimes. I set up all to notification on but still doesn't work making me missing several important emails :(

Anyone facing this issue?
 

s3856

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
17
How to enable chinese keyboard if I wanted to handwriting
chinese sms?
 
Last edited:

Drexter

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
0
Factory reset last night and use wifi whole night. Then this morning, I turned off my wifi but 3G didn't kick in (no H+ logo at the top). What happen? :(
 

mohenjo

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Factory reset last night and use wifi whole night. Then this morning, I turned off my wifi but 3G didn't kick in (no H+ logo at the top). What happen? :(

Check if your apns are filled in?

Just to check with you guys, any way to remove the singtel bloatware? I happily uninstall them only to find out that they came back after i update firmware
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top